Comic Book News

Also if Ethan Van Scriver still has close contacts at my company that would allow him to spoil something that big for more reactionary garbo that's something I feel would need fixing.

After nearly four years, Saga #55 is out today. I created a Twitter account mostly as a joke because of how long this hiatus has been, but goddamn did it feel good to tweet this.

Fables co-creator Bill Willingham, frustrated with DC Comics' treatment of him, has declared Fables is now public domain.

Which is odd since the characters are all public domain fairy tale characters in the first place. But he now says that world and the versions of those characters are public domain.

I'm honestly not sure if he can legally do this.

DC Comics has responded with a big ol' "NOPE!" So we'll see.

On the one hand, DC Comics (and other publishers) are notorious for screwing over creators. So it'd fun to see where this fight goes.

On the other hand, Bill Willingham is an unrepentant staunch Conservative asshole. I don't know if he's throwing a big temper tantrum. I honestly don't want him to win, either.

This feels like a "the two worst people are fighting" kind of thing.

Next you'll tell me Marvel's EIC is a white guy who pretended to be Japanese to get a job at Marvel and still works there.