Export thread

Charlie Murphy

Dave

Dave

Apparently, Eddie Murphy's older brother, Charlie, had been fighting leukemia. I liked his stand-up although it must have been hard for him to perform once his little brother blew up so big doing the same thing. He was always known more for being Eddie's brother than for being Charlie the stand-up.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

At least he's partying it up with Prince and Rick James now.

Dave

Dave

At least he's partying it up with Prince and Rick James now.
I think he'd think highly of that joke.[DOUBLEPOST=1492023105,1492022883][/DOUBLEPOST]Game. Blouses.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Shirts vs. Blouses has to be in the top 10 funniest stories ever told on TV.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

WELL-there goes part of my adolescence. Rest in peace Charlie.

GasBandit

GasBandit

For some reason, my brain cross-indexed "Charlie Murphy" as "Charlie McCarthy," and I was all, "The ventriloquist dummy?"

Dave

Dave

For some reason, my brain cross-indexed "Charlie Murphy" as "Charlie McCarthy," and I was all, "The ventriloquist dummy?"
They call them stiffs for a reason.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

"Charlie McCarthy," and I was all, "The ventriloquist dummy?"
But his little sister was freaking hot.

Dave

Dave

Is that different than what I posted above?

PatrThom

PatrThom

TIL Eddie Murphy had a brother.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

Loved him on Chapelle, liked his stand-up. What a sad way to go.

Thank you for your sharing your great humour with us.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Is that different than what I posted above?
Fekk, I thought I posted the rick james one but clearly the URL indicates otherwise.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/iuegl...ywood-stories---rick-james-pt--1---uncensored

I remember watching this show when it first came on. It's still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. At the end of the season they had a special episode titled "The Best of Season 2 (except for Rick James)." Otherwise it would've been all Rick James.

chris

chris

You know I think it's weird that we never saw him in any of his brothers movies considered how things in Hollywood usually works.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You know I think it's weird that we never saw him in any of his brothers movies considered how things in Hollywood usually works.
There haven't always been "Jaden Smith" levels of nepotism going on, I think that's been more recent.

chris

chris

There haven't always been "Jaden Smith" levels of nepotism going on, I think that's been more recent.
Nepotism in Hollywood exist a lot longer than that

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sophia Coppola

drifter

drifter

Clint Howard

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nepotism in Hollywood exist a lot longer than that
Yeah, but what I'm saying is, it's gotten more rampant since the turn of the century, and most of Eddie Murphy's big vehicles were in the 80s and 90s.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Clint Howard
He was in the business first.[DOUBLEPOST=1492105527,1492105493][/DOUBLEPOST]Charlie McCarthy's little sister, Candice Bergen.

drifter

drifter

Really? He got his start with older brother Ron on The Andy Griffith Show, or so Wikipedia tells me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Sophia Coppola
Nicholas Cage

--Patrick

chris

chris

Yeah, but what I'm saying is, it's gotten more rampant since the turn of the century, and most of Eddie Murphy's big vehicles were in the 80s and 90s.
True, but even Frank Stallone got some roles in his brothers movies.

Dave

Dave

No nepotism until after the turn of the century? Someone needs to watch Carrie Fisher's one-woman show "Wishful Drinking". It's been going on FOREVER! The Sheens, the Baldwins, and on and on.

GasBandit

GasBandit

No nepotism until after the turn of the century? Someone needs to watch Carrie Fisher's one-woman show "Wishful Drinking". It's been going on FOREVER! The Sheens, the Baldwins, and on and on.
I didn't say "no nepotism until the turn of the century," I said it became much more rampant.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nicholas Cage

--Patrick
But Nick had enough talent to justify his career.

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Rematch."