[Brazelton] Charlie Murphy

Dave

Staff member
Apparently, Eddie Murphy's older brother, Charlie, had been fighting leukemia. I liked his stand-up although it must have been hard for him to perform once his little brother blew up so big doing the same thing. He was always known more for being Eddie's brother than for being Charlie the stand-up.

GasBandit

Staff member
For some reason, my brain cross-indexed "Charlie Murphy" as "Charlie McCarthy," and I was all, "The ventriloquist dummy?"

Loved him on Chapelle, liked his stand-up. What a sad way to go.

Thank you for your sharing your great humour with us.

You know I think it's weird that we never saw him in any of his brothers movies considered how things in Hollywood usually works.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know I think it's weird that we never saw him in any of his brothers movies considered how things in Hollywood usually works.
There haven't always been "Jaden Smith" levels of nepotism going on, I think that's been more recent.

Dave

Staff member
No nepotism until after the turn of the century? Someone needs to watch Carrie Fisher's one-woman show "Wishful Drinking". It's been going on FOREVER! The Sheens, the Baldwins, and on and on.

GasBandit

Staff member
No nepotism until after the turn of the century? Someone needs to watch Carrie Fisher's one-woman show "Wishful Drinking". It's been going on FOREVER! The Sheens, the Baldwins, and on and on.
I didn't say "no nepotism until the turn of the century," I said it became much more rampant.