[Brazelton] Carrie Fisher, 2016 got her after all

I went to see Rogue One with a couple friends yesterday, there was a guy announcing some stuff about the movie at the start and he mentioned this. It was a surreal moment, then and at the end..

RIP Carrie.

Son of a bitch.[DOUBLEPOST=1482862879,1482862671][/DOUBLEPOST]SON OF A BITCH

that's fucking bullshit for her to have that scare and pull through and then she goes down anyway. Piece of trash year that this fucking is.

I hope she didn't suffer and I'm most sorry for her friends and family who most intimately had to deal with this roller coaster over the past few days. I hope someone trustworthy will take care of her dog.

One of my best friends is an MD. He told me she never "pulled through". When your brain doesn't have oxygen for 7-15 minutes, there's no pulling through without damage (maybe in ultra rare cases). He said what probably happened was they stabilized her condition - meaning she wouldn't die via organ failures, and ran radiology to see how bad her brain was damaged. More than likely she showed a "hot nose" sign (https://radiopaedia.org/cases/hot-nose-sign-brain-death), essentially signifying brain death. Family got to say goodbyes and then pulled the plug.

The appropriate term for this is "drowning in moonlight while being strangled by one's own bra."

The appropriate term for this is "drowning in moonlight while being strangled by one's own bra."
I stand corrected; how could I forget?[DOUBLEPOST=1482944018,1482943729][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait, did they... did they really... ?
Yeah. The best part of that story being that Mark Hammil was around them a lot during that time and was entirely oblivious they were involved, i.e. coming over to one of their trailers early one morning, finding the other there in what was very obviously not just a visit, and just thinking "cool we can all hang out, get breakfast." :rofl: Neither Harrison Ford not Carrie Fisher corrected this.

GasBandit

Staff member
"So, uhh... Sorry about blowing up your planet."
That was Tarkin, really. This would be more like "sorry about torturing you with needle droids and stuff, but hey, I cut off Luke's hand and dropped him over a gas giant, and he forgave me... why can't you be more like your brother, Leia.

One of my best friends is an MD. He told me she never "pulled through". When your brain doesn't have oxygen for 7-15 minutes, there's no pulling through without damage (maybe in ultra rare cases).
The way i heard it, if they keep up CPR the brain does get oxygen from your blood, even if you're not breathing, which extends the time you have. So without any details we can't be sure (although her brother correcting the press about her being stable does hint at it).

I don't care if it's true or not.

Carrie Fisher gave a cow tongue to predatory producer
Heather Ross, who works in the film industry, told Fisher about how the unnamed producer sexually assaulted her in his car.
[...]
When she told Fisher about what had happened, the late Star Wars actress took matters into her own hands.
"About two weeks later, she sent me a message online and said, 'I just saw [blank] at Sony Studios. I knew he would probably be there, so I went to his office and personally delivered a Tiffany box wrapped with a white bow.' I asked her what was inside and she said, 'It was a cow tongue from Jerry's Famous Deli in Westwood with a note that said, if you ever touch my darling Heather or any other woman again, the next delivery will be something of yours in a much smaller box!'"
I sure want it to be, though. It sounds like something she'd do.

--Patrick