Export thread

Carrie Fisher, 2016 got her after all

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

She will be missed, she overall seemed like a pretty cool lady.

Terrik

Terrik

Goddamnit 2016

TNM

TNM

Damnit!

Someone go check on Betty White.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Noooooooooooo!!! :(

I can't find the words. Not Leia. Not my hero.

Bubble181

Bubble181

:([DOUBLEPOST=1482862475,1482862442][/DOUBLEPOST]Guess they'll have to do her parts in VIII and IX with CGI/stand in as well :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Son of a bitch.[DOUBLEPOST=1482862879,1482862671][/DOUBLEPOST]SON OF A BITCH

that's fucking bullshit for her to have that scare and pull through and then she goes down anyway. Piece of trash year that this fucking is.

I hope she didn't suffer and I'm most sorry for her friends and family who most intimately had to deal with this roller coaster over the past few days. I hope someone trustworthy will take care of her dog.

jwhouk

jwhouk

ALL THE CUSS WORDS!

PatrThom

PatrThom

ALL THE CUSS WORDS!
HUMPERDINK BLÜCHER NERF-HERDING BARBARA STREISAND

--Patrick

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

:(

Krisken

Krisken

Sad to see my generation's first crush leave us in this terrible year. Carrie, you have brought a generation more joy than you will ever know. Rest well, you've more than earned it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gryfter

Gryfter

I........ :(

MindDetective

MindDetective

:(

Just Me

Just Me

Yeah, no words. :(

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

fuck this shit.gif

@Li3n

@Li3n

I was just reading the Jawa page on Wookiepedia, and when i got to the end i saw the news in the "Top Discussions" thing... fuck you too 2016, fuck you too.

Zappit

Zappit

Aw, nooooooooo...

Hylian

Hylian

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

Frank

Frank

I just episode 3 Darth Vader'd pretty hard.

Fuck.

Null

Null

Frank

Frank

Fuck she was rad.

Dirona

Dirona

I just saw this on my feed. Not impressed. Not impressed AT ALL.

Emrys

Emrys

Gods dammit!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

:([DOUBLEPOST=1482862475,1482862442][/DOUBLEPOST]Guess they'll have to do her parts in VIII and IX with CGI/stand in as well :(
Episode VIII did filming earlier this year, so we'll still see her around this time next year for that movie, and it's going to be fucking sad.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

BxakzlJ.jpg

Fuck you 2016!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

She sure was something back in the day, even with all the cocaine. She kicked the habit and did a lot of good in her life. I'm sorry to see her go.

We need to keep George Takei, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen under constant guard from this point on.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Filming has already concluded for VIII.

One of my favorite Star Wars memories was at Celebration 2 in Indianapolis, courtesy of the Princess. We were setting up the day before the convention started, and were bringing in the various celebs to see the area they would be in, where things were and just a chance for us that were working to say "Hi" and such. We get the word that Carrie is coming into the building, so everyone gathers back near the driveway area (in the Indy Convention Center) and are there to give her a great big cheer and greeting. The van pulls up, couple of guys get the doors open for her and there is a pretty good cheer going for her. Everything quiets down, and the first words that come out of her mouth, in a rather deep and gravelly voice, are, "I gotta piss and need a cigarette." I happened to be standing in an area that I could see lots of the faces of everyone there, and I got so see the the shock of hearing that from the Princess on so many faces. Obviously most there hadn't heard of, or seen, Postcards from the Edge.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Carrie was on a chat show here only a few days ago. It is so sad and shocking that she has now gone. R I P Princess.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Aww fuck.

Dei

Dei

evilmike

evilmike

fade

fade

BErt

This one hurts the most for sure. I'm done with this year.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Poor pup. Right in the feels.

Jax

Jax

I went to see Rogue One with a couple friends yesterday, there was a guy announcing some stuff about the movie at the start and he mentioned this. It was a surreal moment, then and at the end..

RIP Carrie.

figmentPez

figmentPez

This gave me a much needed laugh.

Another thought that gave me comfort was this: She survived depression and addiction long enough to die of a heart attack drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I came back to this thread to make that edit! LOL

bhamv3

bhamv3

Wait, did they... did they really... ?

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra."

Bubble181

Bubble181

Carrie was on a chat show here only a few days ago. It is so sad and shocking that she has now gone. R I P Princess.
It was the flight home from Brussels to LA, with a stop-over in London for Graham Norton, where she put on her bra too tight.

Mathias

Mathias

Son of a bitch.[DOUBLEPOST=1482862879,1482862671][/DOUBLEPOST]SON OF A BITCH

that's fucking bullshit for her to have that scare and pull through and then she goes down anyway. Piece of trash year that this fucking is.

I hope she didn't suffer and I'm most sorry for her friends and family who most intimately had to deal with this roller coaster over the past few days. I hope someone trustworthy will take care of her dog.

One of my best friends is an MD. He told me she never "pulled through". When your brain doesn't have oxygen for 7-15 minutes, there's no pulling through without damage (maybe in ultra rare cases). He said what probably happened was they stabilized her condition - meaning she wouldn't die via organ failures, and ran radiology to see how bad her brain was damaged. More than likely she showed a "hot nose" sign (https://radiopaedia.org/cases/hot-nose-sign-brain-death), essentially signifying brain death. Family got to say goodbyes and then pulled the plug.

The appropriate term for this is "drowning in moonlight while being strangled by one's own bra."

Hylian

Hylian

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The appropriate term for this is "drowning in moonlight while being strangled by one's own bra."
I stand corrected; how could I forget?[DOUBLEPOST=1482944018,1482943729][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait, did they... did they really... ?
Yeah. The best part of that story being that Mark Hammil was around them a lot during that time and was entirely oblivious they were involved, i.e. coming over to one of their trailers early one morning, finding the other there in what was very obviously not just a visit, and just thinking "cool we can all hang out, get breakfast." :rofl: Neither Harrison Ford not Carrie Fisher corrected this.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

"So, uhh... Sorry about blowing up your planet."

GasBandit

GasBandit

"So, uhh... Sorry about blowing up your planet."
That was Tarkin, really. This would be more like "sorry about torturing you with needle droids and stuff, but hey, I cut off Luke's hand and dropped him over a gas giant, and he forgave me... why can't you be more like your brother, Leia.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hate to hear that, but it's incredibly understandable.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Got her mom too..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gryfter

Gryfter

God it must suck to be in the Fisher/Reynolds family right now, my heart goes out to them.

@Li3n

@Li3n

bhamv3

bhamv3

I wonder if @Null was among them.

@Li3n

@Li3n

One of my best friends is an MD. He told me she never "pulled through". When your brain doesn't have oxygen for 7-15 minutes, there's no pulling through without damage (maybe in ultra rare cases).
The way i heard it, if they keep up CPR the brain does get oxygen from your blood, even if you're not breathing, which extends the time you have. So without any details we can't be sure (although her brother correcting the press about her being stable does hint at it).

Null

Null

I wonder if @Null was among them.
I missed it by a couple hours, sadly.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I had to break out my 1977 Carrie.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't care if it's true or not.

Carrie Fisher gave a cow tongue to predatory producer
Heather Ross, who works in the film industry, told Fisher about how the unnamed producer sexually assaulted her in his car.
[...]
When she told Fisher about what had happened, the late Star Wars actress took matters into her own hands.
"About two weeks later, she sent me a message online and said, 'I just saw [blank] at Sony Studios. I knew he would probably be there, so I went to his office and personally delivered a Tiffany box wrapped with a white bow.' I asked her what was inside and she said, 'It was a cow tongue from Jerry's Famous Deli in Westwood with a note that said, if you ever touch my darling Heather or any other woman again, the next delivery will be something of yours in a much smaller box!'"
I sure want it to be, though. It sounds like something she'd do.

--Patrick