Canadian Politics

$150/year is still a metric fuckton less that buying gas.

It’s an odd move as there can’t be enough EVs on the road for this fee to make any difference in their CRF.

Most provinces are offering large rebates to buy EVs, which makes more sense to me. The government doesn’t consult me though lol.

AB your neighbor will likely throw a brick through your electric car window because it's your fault he was laid off his oil patch job.

Laid off CB oilpatch workers ripped a charger out of their neighbours car the other week.

Look I like roads, I will pay taxes to maintain them happily.

But when passenger vehicles cause 1% of the damage and front 65% of the maintenance costs, I won't sit idly by while politicians tell me to pay my fair share while looking like they're orgasming by sticking it to the EV hippies.

AB your neighbor will likely throw a brick through your electric car window because it's your fault he was laid off his oil patch job.
There have been issues with vandalism on EVs for that likely reason. I haven’t heard about it in AB, but closer to home.

What a sin. EVs can really make sense if you live further from town like we do and drive a lot. Especially with rebates and some dealers offering amazing incentives.

Quick update on the Alberta school curriculum. Dinosaurs were removed from the curriculum because, according to our minister of education, they aren't real.

...Alberta is literally the biggest treasure trove of dinosaur fossils on the planet. We have TWO major dinosaur museums. A trip to Drumheller to see the Royal Tyrell happened both in 5th and 7th grade for me. It was amazing. One of my classmates accidentally found a new fossil that hadn't been discovered before.

Fuck the UCP.

Quick update on the Alberta school curriculum. Dinosaurs were removed from the curriculum because, according to our minister of education, they aren't real.

...Alberta is literally the biggest treasure trove of dinosaur fossils on the planet. We have TWO major dinosaur museums. A trip to Drumheller to see the Royal Tyrell happened both in 5th and 7th grade for me. It was amazing. One of my classmates accidentally found a new fossil that hadn't been discovered before.

Fuck the UCP.
Is...is the Alberta minister of fucking education a Creationist!?

The UCP minister of service is claiming the new school curriculum is the most researched and transparent curriculum ever developed. Which is an easily provable lie of course.

1618213968821.png

Well, the Alberta Legislature was particularly embarrassing today. Tyler Shandro (the minister of health) had another meltdown (something he's famous for) and Jason Kenney did his best Trump impression (without a hint of real emotion since he's incapable of them).

I just don't know man.

I often feel that people like that are owned by someone. And are terrified of the consequences if they disobey their master. And so often it comes out and they get replaced with a new version of themselves.

Videos of cops harassing kids outside have begun cropping up like crazy in Ontario. Thanks Doug you piece of soulless shit.

UCP has put forth a bill to limit anyone's ability to sue private long-term care facilities for their lack of giving a shit about Covid.

Always making sure to look out for the...biggest guys in the room.

Rich old white men looking out for other rich old white men and no one else. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you.

That and the photo is from a few years ago. They're so shit at being POWERFUL NEW CONSERVATIVE LEADERS that fucking Jason Kenney would lose an election today in Alberta. Doug Ford is, because of population mostly, easily the most hated man in Canada and fuckface magoo in the middle has never been anything but wildly unpopular.

I don't think anyone expects Alberta's current government to last much longer. The inifighting is getting very severe. Kenney's threatening them with a snap election (which they would get obliterated on right now).