Build me a new Desktop!

Posting from my new rig. It's been a fun experience setting it up. I should be done transfering all my files and configuring Windows 7 to my leisure. Pictures will be incoming, feedback as well.

Yes, I'm terribly slow but it is also work's busy season. When I get home I barely am inclined to cook dinner, much less setup my PC with enthusiasm. Did it tonight though. :)

DSC01856.JPG DSC01857.JPG

I'm going to get a better heat sink for my CPU sometime soon, looking forward now that Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit is installed. Going to first transfer my data and then play with benchmarks. Then once I get the fan, gonna overclock a bit.

Gigabyte boards are so sweet.

This rig is beast. Can't wait for the weekend to get some quality DX11 gaming. What I've seen so far has been bonerific.

B

BErt

Nice rig Jay! Keep us up to date as you get used to it. I just built something around the i5 2500k last week:

CPU: i5 2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
MB: Biostar TP67B+
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer II 650W
RAM: PNY Optima 8GB DDR3-1333
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1024MB

I was going for cheap and effective. I skimped on the video card because I don't plan on running much more than large photoshop files. I was all ready to keep it under $700 and then I let a few people talk me into an SSD for the boot drive. I love it, but I'm really not familiar with SSD yet, and while researching I made the switch from ide to ahci after windows 7 install and now it just seems...off. I'm hesitant to do a reinstall so I'm still playing with settings but I'm guessing I'll end up caving and redoing it all.

But if anyone is considering a new build and was debating SSD, I definitely recommend it for the boot drive if you can afford it.

SSD will be something I'll consider next rig, right now, it's too limiting in capacity for the price.

B

BErt

I agree. I maybe should have added that I only got 64GB for an extra $100, but as I said I don't plan on running much on it. Windows 7 64bit, Office 2010, and CS5 is really all that is going on that drive, so I felt it was worth the extra expense. If you're going to run games or programs with a high install then it makes more sense to wait.

Nah, I was checking this thread since I've been getting little pang of WANT for a new PC next year and I recalled this thread. Saw that I wasn't giving the appropriate amount of positive feedback back in the day, tried to make up for it.

You're a good bro.

That will be all.