Bring out Gifs!

Quick question, figured this thread'd be the easiest place for a quick reply: what's the easiest way to turn 5 or 10 pictures into one gif? Not for any funny stuff for here, especially, but my camera does the whole "take 10 pictures in one second, then save them all" thing quite well, which results in a bunch of photos best viewed rapidly after one another ("albatross flying past and hitting me with his wing" and the like). Just flicking through them with Windows Viewer or whatever isn't quite as nice.
I'm sure I could google it, but I have more faith in you guys giving me something useful and sensible than the top-100 Google choices, these days.

GasBandit

Staff member
Quick question, figured this thread'd be the easiest place for a quick reply: what's the easiest way to turn 5 or 10 pictures into one gif? Not for any funny stuff for here, especially, but my camera does the whole "take 10 pictures in one second, then save them all" thing quite well, which results in a bunch of photos best viewed rapidly after one another ("albatross flying past and hitting me with his wing" and the like). Just flicking through them with Windows Viewer or whatever isn't quite as nice.
I'm sure I could google it, but I have more faith in you guys giving me something useful and sensible than the top-100 Google choices, these days.
http://gifmaker.me/

Deyago. It's easier done than said!

Warning: probably a big heavy file in here
output_h2WzVB.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1458403032,1458402997][/DOUBLEPOST]Huh. It animates when I view it on my pc but it doesn't seem to move uploaded here.

Quick question, figured this thread'd be the easiest place for a quick reply: what's the easiest way to turn 5 or 10 pictures into one gif?
The GIMP can do this for you, too. But it's probably more work than Gas' suggestion.
It animates when I view it on my pc but it doesn't seem to move uploaded here.
The file you uploaded appears to only be a single-frame GIF rather than an animation.

--Patrick

Hey @Celt Z, you ever get chased by a bear while snowboarding? Well, maybe you just didn't know you were. This snowboarder apparently didn't.

Eep!
I can honestly say I haven't had any run-ins with wild life, except for a stupid squirrel that decided to dart out in front of me and caused me to wipe out.

Asshole squirrel.

Last edited:
There's also the fact that the bear all of a sudden fades away in the distance while scrub trees at comparable distances are perfectly visible.

I didn't question it earlier, but now that doubt is cast upon it, it is curious how the bear manages to teleport about 30-40yds to its right during its trip down the mountain. One would think it would be a lot harder for 900lbs of meat on a downhill course to change direction that quickly.

--Patrick