Blizzcon 2011 Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

not me. My wife was thinking about it, but she said she rather not pay (plus no need for virtual pet since neither one of us play anymore)

Shannow

Staff member
Scy, let us know about the 5.0 announce ment when it his in a couple hours, if you wouldnt mind.

Shannow

Staff member
Well, yes, that. But the whole panel on it was not for like an hour I thought.
Added at: 14:39
Actually, looks like MMO is keeping it up to date. The free Diavblo 3 with a year WoW subscription is nice, since I planned on keeping ym WoW account active anyways

Mists of Pandaria Confirmed

New Race: Pandaren (only listed race, may be able to choose a faction)

New Class: Monk

New Talent System

Challenge Mode: Dungeons (No idea what this is)

Pet Fighting System (Pokemon!?)

The continent looks awesome.

I dig that it sounds like it won't attempt to be as grandiose as Cataclysm. Low key stuff is always more interesting to me.

It sounds like it's going to be more small adventure based, something closer to vanilla where each zone had smaller issues and adventure, rather then focusing on a massive enemy looming over everything.

Shannow

Staff member
Whats awesome about the year thing is..its not the up front cost. you jsut pay monthly like normal, but it is a locked in contract that cant be cancelled. Like I said, I had no intention of cancelling my monthly, so....boom. i sut signed up now.

C

Chibibar

Whats awesome about the year thing is..its not the up front cost. you jsut pay monthly like normal, but it is a locked in contract that cant be cancelled. Like I said, I had no intention of cancelling my monthly, so....boom. i sut signed up now.
It is tempting, but I think I may have to pass since I don't play WoW :( it is 180 (after 1 year) I could pre-order the collector's edition or something.

Ugh, in the UStream I'm watching, the fucking chat is debating which My Little Pony character is the best.

They also made it so if you get the Diablo 3 CE instead of the free copy, they instead just give you 4 months of WoW free.

Also, one guy is convinced that Mists is fake and it's all a big troll.
Added at: 13:34
Return of the outdoor raid bosses.
Added at: 13:35
Valor points for questing.

They're trying to eliminate cookie cutter specs. Will never happen I think. There will always be the best spec.
Added at: 13:39
Oooh, grounded again until max level.

C

Chibibar

They're trying to eliminate cookie cutter specs. Will never happen I think. There will always be the best spec.
Yea. After years of playing many different MMO, you can never really get away with "cookie cutter" specs. Even in open skill system like EVE and UO, there are best specs for specific job.

Oh, the zones are all quite a bit larger than twilight highlands.
Added at: 13:42
Apparently magic mist since the Sundering protected the land from the Cataclysm.

wut?
Added at: 13:43
Pandaren makes faction choice at level 10.

Huh.
Added at: 13:50
The creature races look like a lot of reskinning of previous shit.

Also, Mogu are Chinese orcs.

Shannow

Staff member
Pandaren Racials
  • Bouncy: reduces fall damage by half.
  • Inner peace: double rested XP.
  • Gourmand: +15 to cooking.
  • Epicurean: double stats to food buffs.
Added at: 15:52
those seem a bit...excessive.

Shannow

Staff member
Well, considering the Panderan brewmaster/monks have been around since WC3 (even if they were a joke type character at first) I would say they have that movie beat by a little bit of time.

WHOA.

Basically all we get for talents now are the pet talent trees.
Added at: 14:13
Well, considering the Panderan brewmaster/monks have been around since WC3 (even if they were a joke type character at first) I would say they have that movie beat by a little bit of time.
Did you see the video? Dump in some Jack Black and that would have been a scene from the movie.
Added at: 14:14
Whoa, I'm wrong. I actually think this might work. The new talent system.
Added at: 14:19
Wow, man, people are FREAKING out over these changes.

Ha ha, WoW has the WORST fucking community of any game.

The challenge mode thing is exactly my cup of tea. My core group of WoW buddies has never really been for raiding much. We are fucking champions when it comes to 5-man stuff. It's all I ever wanted out of WoW. The challenge mode is the most exciting thing I've heard about WoW.

C

Chibibar

it is a major factor in why i no longer play. but i don't play any mmo's at the moment anymore.
Heh. I quit cause the raiding has gotten to political and not fun.

I haven't play and video games for about 2 weeks now, but might dabble in f2p MMO like Global Agenda, CoX, StarTrek, and LoTRO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.