[Informational] Blacknova Traders

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah it was one of the suggested strategies in the faq. The banker. Just have one planet you keep all money on and then trade when you have extra turns which was my strategy from the start. Sorry I'm not playing much anymore, there doesn't seem to be anything I really want to do in the endgame.
Blacknova Traders: Where the endgame is literally to walk away and do something else.

GasBandit

Staff member
You destroy one little planet and suddenly your spotless record turns to "Hitler with WMDs."

Ok, so it's possible to beat a planet. You just have to outlevel it by 15 or so levels.

And I think we went over this, but upgrade costs past 30 are ridiculous.

GasBandit

Staff member
However, starships over 30 are also ridiculous.

32vs25.JPG

This farce will be coming to an end soon. Embrace your loved ones, for the end of all things is upon you.

When I am done with this galaxy, no stone shall rest upon another.

Last edited:
You destroy one little planet and suddenly your spotless record turns to "Hitler with WMDs."

Ok, so it's possible to beat a planet. You just have to outlevel it by 15 or so levels.

And I think we went over this, but upgrade costs past 30 are ridiculous.
Oooo, you managed to beat a planet? I wonder who it belon...

:fu:

GasBandit

Staff member
The annihilation of everything you know is slightly delayed because the agent of your complete and ultimate doom has a day job that demands his time... for now.

I suggest you use the time you have been given wisely, for it is borrowed.

Eh, having my territory nibbled at bit by bit is boring.

GUTS AND GLORY!!

trader.png

And with that, I bid farewell to the game. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
Victory! January 27 2014 13:21:21
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by bhamv. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 0% of the ship's worth of 0 credits.
[DOUBLEPOST=1390847671,1390847542][/DOUBLEPOST]I still think it's wierd that when you self destruct so do all your planets.

Welp, that means @Rovewin is next on the list.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait, why did you have no shields in that fight, @bhamv3 ?

Did you spend all your money upgrading your ship and forget to recharge before attacking?

GasBandit

Staff member
After a long and exhaustive search, the grim tide of death and destruction taken form that is the Intransigent found Rovewin on his planet, basking in his riches.

rovewin1.jpg

rovewin2.jpg

Rovewin may have escaped his final judgement for now, but surely his back is broken from such a greivous loss.

The eyes of damnation next rest upon Lerxt.

GasBandit

Staff member
What's this? Someone else already doing my work for me? Who is this Rax, and why is he in such a hurry to fall under my malevolent gaze?

GasBandit

Staff member
Interesting. Rax has overthrown Gasbandia Prime, and I'm out over 250 trillion credits. It only took him 8 tries, 4 minutes, and less than 1 trillion credits in rebuilds.

Planet captured!

January 28 2014 15:03:51
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was captured in battle by the wretched Rax. The people of the planet welcome their new ruler. You hear a testimony on BNN : "We're glad to be rid of that old fart! We don't want no stinking loser who can't protect us!". You swear to make them pay for their arrogance.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:02:35
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 9% of the ship's worth of 12837519720 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:02:03
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 10% of the ship's worth of 14263910800 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:01:53
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 5% of the ship's worth of 7131955400 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:01:41
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 0% of the ship's worth of 0 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:01:30
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 8% of the ship's worth of 11411128640 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:01:14
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 0% of the ship's worth of 0 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 15:00:41
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 2% of the ship's worth of 2852782160 credits.

Victory!
January 28 2014 14:58:30
Your planet GasBandia Prime in sector 711 was attacked by Rax. The citizens organized a valliant defense however, and managed to destroy the opponent. They salvage some resources from the space debris : 0 goods, 0 ore, 0 organics and 6% of the ship's worth of 182202531960 credits.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, this happened:

gbdefeat.JPG

490 million fighters on a planet. Clearly Rax knows a lot more about this game than I do. The trick seems to be, rather than having one enormous unstoppable dreadnought, to zergling-rush any given target with level 20 to 25 ships over and over until its defenses are all expended, through attrition, then move in and take over. Also, as overpowered as planetary torpedos are, the planetary ability to field 100% of its fighters regardless of your ship's fighter level is even moreso. My ship was level 35 and I was nibbled to death by millions of ducks.

All hail the new overlord of the galaxy, Rax. He has saved everyone from the rapacious Gas Bandit... for now.

But! Has the galaxy lost the villain it knew only to gain a villain it didn't?

Dun dun dun...[DOUBLEPOST=1390942214,1390941960][/DOUBLEPOST]Fun fact: A level 20 ship can be bought from level 0 for about 11.5 billion credits. Level 25 for 335 billion.

GasBandit

Staff member
I want to play this, I really do... but I'm not gonna grind the 1000000 that it'll take to get a Genesis torpedo...
Honestly it doesn't take that long. You'll be making billions within your first two days, easily. Just find yourself a few goods-ore trade routes to hit, upgrade your hull first and foremost, and you're off to the races.

And, there are still unclaimed planets out there, I saw.

Honestly it doesn't take that long. You'll be making billions within your first two days, easily. Just find yourself a few goods-ore trade routes to hit, upgrade your hull first and foremost, and you're off to the races.

And, there are still unclaimed planets out there, I saw.
I found a single jump trade route that was letting me profit 2400, round-trip... any way to increase cargo capacity?

GasBandit

Staff member
I found a single jump trade route that was letting me profit 2400, round-trip... any way to increase cargo capacity?
Upgrade "hull" at special trade stations (like sector 0). That governs how big your cargo capacity is.

Get some engines in there, too, though, so you can realspace travel for cheap. After they kick you out of sector 0 for being over level 8 average tech level, there's another special trade station in 816 (and a couple others I don't remember) you can use for further upgrades.

490 million fighters on a planet. Clearly Rax knows a lot more about this game than I do.
Only? Admittedly most of my planets are lightly-defended, but my main? I was kinda paranoid about one of you coming after me.

Edit: I figured it was a lot cheaper to just fortify my planet and sleep there than to upgrade my ship, as that gets REALLY expensive. So spend the money on figs/torps and turtle.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh, I'm just fortunate I had 10 trillion "walking around money" in my pocket when GasBandia Prime fell and Rax flushed 250 trillion down the toilet.

Hey guys.

I read this thread and i want to make some things clear for you.

First of all, are the fighters, oh the fighters. I saw that most of you had only a few fighters on a planet. They are the main way to fend off an attack.
For example, if you have a weak ship and somebody attacks you, beams, topedoes and shields dont do you any good. Only defence is your fighters which do not depend on your ship but on their amount.

Then there are beams and shields (for destroying attackes fighters, shields and armor). Beams are important, because they can destroy upto 80% attackers fighters and all og the shields and armor.

Then there are torpedoe launchers, not torpedoes, they are nessesary but you should not have more than 100-200 times you can use on a single fight. For example if you have lvl 25 torpedo lanuchers you can carry lvl 25+1 (considering you have a base). 3 787 675 torpedoes. Out of those 3 787 675 torpedoes you can use 378767 in a fight. so youd need 37 876 700 to 75 753 400 torpedoes on a planet.

As for GasBandits planet. He had 65m figs, 95 m torps and 655m energy.

I had 45 trillion credits. I knew that he had the power to finish me off, so i had a choice put my money on IGB and fall even more behind or attack him.
I knew that he had 250 trillion creds on that planet and by hes score i saw that if i take hit, hes done.

I knew that it was risky but i still went ahead.

First of all i needed to take hes fighters and and energy down. energy because hes sheilds and beams would have annoyed me in the next step which would have been torpedoes.

So for taking hes energy and fighters down i needed 4 things. Beams, computer, shields, and armor.

Beams for fighters. This is pretty straight forward i dont need to explane this.

Computer, shields and armor for energy. Hes beams would destroy my computer, shields and armor and by that hes energy would fall. Also by doing so i would destroy torpedoes 1/4 of the amount of fighters i could carry each turn.

After i was done with energy and fighters i went ahead and bought only engines and armor to exhaust hes torpedoes.

After most of them were gone i upgraded my ship a little higher and went and took it. (made a mistake and bought too high so the planet only produced 10m, but still)

All in All spent about 10 trillion to take a 250 trillion planet.

But i urge you to read FAQ about ship to planet combat, it needs a little bit of thinking but you should figure it out.
I even made an a exel calc based on it so i know how stron i should be to take a planet or how strong a planet should be tofend off someone.

Hope it helps. Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.

Forgot to mention, that i usually only take the fighters down,mbut he had so high lvl of torpedoe launchers, shields and beams. SO high that i didnt have the money for them, so i had do to it differently. usually i finish the fighters off. And buy 1-3 lvls higher ship.

Also my main is 346-5 if anyone whants to see it.
it would take 167 attacks with lvl 30 beams to destroy all the fighers. and it would cost 201 trillion for you to do so.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I don't think most of us grasped the apparently required dynamic of repeatedly attacking and losing multiple ships - most of us gave up on the game after losing our ship for the first time. So most of our defenses were only up to defeating an attacker once, after which we'd assume they'd be done.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, so to paraphrase what you're telling us, the way you take down a planet is to upgrade your ship only so much.. somewhere in the neighborhood of level 25, and then, at first only beams, computer, energy, and shields. You do this to whittle down the planet's supply of fighters and energy (as neither regenerates very quickly).

Then, once the fighters and energy are gone, switch to upgrading only engines and armor, and then continue to suicide on the planet to whittle down the torpedo count there.

Then, when the torps are exhausted, simply upgrade everything one last time to the planet's level and take the planet.

Thus, a very cost effective way of taking down a planet, provided it's a lucrative enough target.

The only downside is never having an uber ship, but from what I've seen of this game, ship-to-ship combat doesn't happen very often anyway - once you control a sector, you can set it so you can't be attacked until you lose control of the sector. And even then, there's emergency warp pods. And even THEN, liquid cash (credits on hand) goes with the defender if he jumps in his escape pod. So really, no real reason to have a superdestroyer. Just need it upgraded enough to give your planets some teeth, but even then... fighters seem to trump all on planet defense, and it doesn't matter what your upgrade level is there.

Just so any else may be able to use this info... If you happen to have your mouse over on the left side of the screen, and have a sudden, unexpected, sneeze and accidentally click your mouse, you can commit suicide in the game. Just FYI.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just so any else may be able to use this info... If you happen to have your mouse over on the left side of the screen, and have a sudden, unexpected, sneeze and accidentally click your mouse, you can commit suicide in the game. Just FYI.
... I thought there was a confirmation screen before self destruct?

Ok, so to paraphrase....

Yes, after im done with trading ore-and goods and i have about 2 b colonists, my planets make enought money to colonize even further, i stop building my ship. i only keep about 10% of my combined wealth under my ship lvls. but that is if im playing defensive. If im playing aggressive, i ignore cloack, armor, hull (if i have enought planets). By doing so, i dont lose much if attack anyone first time.

this way of attacking a planet is called kamikazeing, or for short kaming.

Usually I do not use shields, armor, fighters, torps and such. Only beams, but like I said. you had so high ship lvl. After a few calculations I realized that even if i destroy all of your fighters I would have a lot of trouble with your beams. Also, i didnt have the money to buy a lvl 36 ship. And even if I did, it wouldnt been cost-efficient, bc your ship worth was 180trillion. And planet worth was 250 trillion. So i calculated, that i needed to attack you only 5 times more with a low lvl to get everything to 0.

Too bad I didnt get a dime from all of that math :(

I might make an a calculator for you guys for all of this.