[PC Game] Bioshock Infinite (beware of spoilers)

I kinda figured Elizabeth exists because she's already melded with every dimensions, much like the Letuce Twins: only she possesses the power to combine elements of other dimensions and to cross them with passengers (I think the Letuce twins just tend to show up wherever they want). But because she's part of every dimension, time has no effect on her.

I kinda figured Elizabeth exists because she's already melded with every dimensions, much like the Letuce Twins: only she possesses the power to combine elements of other dimensions and to cross them with passengers (I think the Letuce twins just tend to show up wherever they want). But because she's part of every dimension, time has no effect on her.
Infinite's ending established that Elizabeth isn't above all the rules. Her source was cut off--that's why they began to blink out even though they had crossed into other timelines.

fade

Staff member
I just finished this game. I really enjoyed the story. The gameplay was a bit banal, but it was okay because there were only very short bits that didn't advance the story. The vigors were kind of useless because of how few shots you get combined with the rarity of salt. The only real challenge I had in the game was the insane asylum in the Empress Elizabeth universe. My favorite vigors were definitely possession and RTS. Also enjoyed the ragtime 80s songs.

Hmm. On a story note, Elizabeth is quite similar to Fade in terms of powers. Well Fade is if Elizabeth and Edward Elric had a powers baby and discovered that it was what people used to call magic.[DOUBLEPOST=1396881138,1396880750][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, one of my favorite parts was seeing Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper (Booker and Elizabeth) perform Will The Circle Be Unbroken (with Booker on Guitar) as the credits rolled.

Glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, that credits blip (and the scene they were rehearsing) was something special.

Do not play the DLC. You've been warned.

The DLC felt... odd, in how it introduced a lot of stuff to Rapture that felt like it didn't belong (like the skyrails). The story wasn't too bad...

The DLC felt... odd, in how it introduced a lot of stuff to Rapture that felt like it didn't belong (like the skyrails). The story wasn't too bad...
Is it supposed to be THE Rapture or is it a VERSION of Rapture in their multi-verse?

Is it supposed to be THE Rapture or is it a VERSION of Rapture in their multi-verse?
It is Rapture after having been exposed to the two-way windows of the experiments originating from Columbia. While Columbia starting stealing ideas from Rapture such as the Plasmids, Rapture scientists in turn stole ideas from Columbia such as the refinement of Plasmids into Vigors and the skyrails/hooks.

Hmmm. That doesn't sound so bad? Is it just not a good gaming experience then or is the story weak or what? Why am I hearing overwhelming negative reaction in general?

Hmmm. That doesn't sound so bad? Is it just not a good gaming experience then or is the story weak or what? Why am I hearing overwhelming negative reaction in general?
The second part of Burial at Sea basically does a genre shift from FPS action game to stealth, which I'm sure several people found to their dislike. Ammo isn't as common in Burial at Sea, which means you need to hide and do backstabs. Salt is also much rarer.

What's funny is that I read a review of part 2 that basically said it was what they wanted from Infinite.

Honestly, from the stuff I've read (including comments around here), I'll be surprised if I don't get the season pass eventually right before a second playthrough. Right now the only thing stopping me is that I just started not sucking completely at Borderlands.

Getting to see some more of Rapture is cool.

The story is absolutely fucking shit. If you want some sights and gameplay, then by all means, go for it. But if you enjoyed the story of Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite, avoid. The DLC strains to connect the two worlds, creating plotholes, making characters act out of character, changing motives, turning much of the backstory senseless so that, yes, it can feel connected. And in doing so reduce Elizabeth to a footnote of the original game.

Goddamn Burial at Sea part 2 was garbage. Between what he did to the continuity, characters, and his staff, Ken Levine can go fuck himself with a cheese grater. Wish I could get my $20 back, but he'd probably just swipe it from his employees' severance checks.

I'd get into it in more detail about the plotholes and stupid shit with spoiler tags, but I don't feel like raging right now. I will, however, post some images.

fade

Staff member
You know what always bugged me about bioshock? The name. I get that it's a reference to its spiritual predecessor, but it seems like there are any number of better, more relevant names.

Hmmm. I never thought about that. What is a "bioshock" anyway?

Bio: Short for Biology, a branch of science dealing with the study of living organisms
and
Shock: A sudden upsetting or surprising event.

So… it… kind of works? In a vague and general way?

GasBandit

Staff member
Hmmm. I never thought about that. What is a "bioshock" anyway?

Bio: Short for Biology, a branch of science dealing with the study of living organisms
and
Shock: A sudden upsetting or surprising event.

So… it… kind of works? In a vague and general way?
Bioshock as opposed to System Shock. It emphasizes the biopunk elements of the game over the cyberpunk elements of the games that came before and inspired it.

fade

Staff member
Yeah I mean I figured it was a reference to the plasmids and vigors. But those are just a piece of gameplay. It's like naming a big fantasy epic "Choppy Slice" or "Pokey Cut" or something.

Actually, those are not bad names. Dibs!

Yeah I mean I figured it was a reference to the plasmids and vigors. But those are just a piece of gameplay. It's like naming a big fantasy epic "Choppy Slice" or "Pokey Cut" or something.

Actually, those are not bad names. Dibs!
Flappy Shock!

GasBandit

Staff member
So, by applying the marketing techniques known to best reach the target demographic, we come up with the ultimate game franchise title:

BoobGun.

GasBandit

Staff member
See, there are boobs, and there are guns. You get boobs by using your gun, and the boobs in turn are used to add power to your gun. This lets you seek more and larger boobs, which increase the spectacular nature of your gun until you are Boobgunning to the heavens and beyond.

See, there are boobs, and there are guns. You get boobs by using your gun, and the boobs in turn are used to add power to your gun. This lets you seek more and larger boobs, which increase the spectacular nature of your gun until you are Boobgunning to the heavens and beyond.
Hmm. I don't know. It's an intriguing notion. But I feel like it needs more boobs.

I feel that the boobs should also be able to transform into a boat of some type. Like one with a motor, if you will.

GasBandit

Staff member
There are more boobs, and there is more gun. As long as there are boobs, your gun can get more powerful.. and as long as you have a gun, you can get more boobs.[DOUBLEPOST=1397064560,1397064383][/DOUBLEPOST]And at the end of every level you will be graded on your performance. Guess what the grading scale will be. Go on! GUESS.

There are more boobs, and there is more gun. As long as there are boobs, your gun can get more powerful.. and as long as you have a gun, you can get more boobs.[DOUBLEPOST=1397064560,1397064383][/DOUBLEPOST]And at the end of every level you will be graded on your performance. Guess what the grading scale will be. Go on! GUESS.
BOOBS!

GasBandit

Staff member
And I'm thinking calibers for difficulty settings.

CHOOSE YOUR DIFFICULTY
.22 LR
.38 Special
.44 Magnum
.50 BMG

Hard to say if "normal" difficulty should be the .38 Special or 9mm Parabellum.

Well, we've gotta save SOMETHING for BoobGun 2: Assblaster.
Exactly. Never mind just factoring in the DLC that could concern asses.

Now, major question: can we work in microtransactions for players to get more boobs and more guns? Charge 'em $2 for the lowest ranking boobs and guns, go up to $15 for the premiun boobs and guns.

GasBandit

Staff member
Exactly. Never mind just factoring in the DLC that could concern asses.

Now, major question: can we work in microtransactions for players to get more boobs and more guns? Charge 'em $2 for the lowest ranking boobs and guns, go up to $15 for the premiun boobs and guns.
We're looking into the female market. Preliminary testing of Weenerkitchen is not going well, however.