2. The Martian
3. Star Wars
4. Furious 7
5. Mission Impossible.

I only saw these movies I think.

So here is my top list of all the movies I saw this year, in order:

1) Star Wars: The Force Awakens
2) Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Don't really have a lot of disposable income right now, so I will probably see Antman, Mad Max, and some of the others later on.

fade

Staff member
Everyone's list lines up pretty neatly with what they like and dislike in other arenas around here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The one that keeps surprising me is Kingsmen. That really seems like the kind of movie the internet usually trashes, but it didn't for some reason.

No list from me. I saw like 3 new movies this year (Star Wars, Minions (I have kids), and The Night Before (I had a pass)). Too busy at work.

I'd be interested in hearing a more in-depth review of this movie, if you have the time and inclination.
I haven't been ignoring this, I'm just not sure what to say. I mean, it's a really hilarious and visually inventive animated movie. The plot isn't really more than a long TV episode, but it does a good job with its gimmick of "going out of water". Also, as a kids' movie, it has a really simple/sweet message that it drums on over and over and over. The ending action sequence is really fun, and reminds of the best parts of Fantastic Four/The Avengers/The Incredibles as far as superhero team-ups go.

Also Antonio Banderas is more than game and his parts could have come off as time-padding in a lesser actor's hands. But he really goes for it and nails the tone of the show/movie.

Man from UNCLE? I liked it but it it really didn't do much for me otherwise. Curious why it's your favorite.

My list (missing The Hateful Eight, which probably would land on my list knowing how much I love Tarantino movies, but I just haven't seen it yet)

1. Mad Max (I've literally watched this six times since my first screening)
2. Creed
3. Ex Machina
4. Spy
5. Sicario
The 2015 list is now:

1. Mad Max
2. Hateful Eight
3. Creed
4. Ex Machina
5. Spy

Love love loved the Hateful Eight. Tarantino makes the most exquisitely crafted shlock.

Jennifer Jason Leigh is a God damn delight in the film.