Ayo, Davey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philosopher B.

Dave-O. Dave-man. The Davester.

So, I've been hanging around the 'PVP' community since the Image days, and I'm starting to get sick of my username for three reasons:

1) It's long and unwieldy.

2) It doesn't lend well to nicknames. I feel odd whenever someone calls me Phil. Plus, like, there's another Phil around.

3) The 'Philosopher' was based on a webcomic project I abandoned and don't want to think about, and the B. is in there for my last name, which I don't think makes sense as part of my web-handle unless I was to have my full name (which I don't want).

Only thing is, I've had it for so long, it kinda feels wrong to change it, plus on the rare occasions people have changed their username, I usually still think of them by the old one, i.e., l33tn00b, Charlie Don't Surf, etc.

What would the Davester do?!

Dave

Staff member
Oh you mean me? Edrondol?

If you want to change it, change it. But let me suggest leaving your avatar in tact for a while and maybe put a disclaimer in your sig for a time.

Dave

Staff member
how do you change your name on this forum?
Either you have to ask or I can add a thing that will allow people to do it themselves.

I have no preferences either way.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Never mind. I added the update.

If you want to change your name all you have to do is go to edit your profile and do so. You can change your user name every 90 days.

Ross

Staff member
I got mine changed after several years as Rasputin... just keep the same avatar and similar sig for a bit until everyone can get accustomed to the new name :)

(Also, note the words under my username)

Much like Chucky D, I'll just keep calling you by a shorthand nickname, which I devise for most people.

Philly B.

Awfully weird.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

(Unless it's something really appropiate and fun, maybe)

A

Andromache

fine by me gustoface

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

i changed mine, no one [STRIKE]noticed[/STRIKE], so go for it callegianayana
replace with "cared"

Wow.. the artist for the manual is pretty good, I instantly recognized they're supposed to be the Michael Keaton Batman and Kim Basinger.

Status
Not open for further replies.