At least 14 injured in Texas College Mass Stabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone else was carrying a huge knife, this never would have happened. We should make it required for all teachers to carry knives with them in the classroom.

GasBandit

Staff member
If everyone else was carrying a huge knife, this never would have happened. We should make it required for all teachers to carry knives with them in the classroom.
The founding fathers could never have envisioned the knives of today. Be it the clean efficiency of stainless steel or the easily-concealed exacto knife, had the framers of the constitution known perhaps they wouldn't have been so cavalier about Americans owning them!

Excuse me, but I have very legitimate reasons to own a knife, and I don't appreciate being lumped in with these psycho stabbers. For example, my knife is for self defense. And hunting.

We need to conduct rigorous background checks for knife sales, including private knife sales.

We should also look into regulating sharpeners, which make knives much more effective than they would naturally be.

The government can't take my knives, how else will I fight the Army they're going to send because their Tyrannical Rulers want my knives!

The government can't take my knives, how else will I fight the Army they're going to send because their Tyrannical Rulers want my knives!
They've got nuclear knives. Are you going to sta claiming you have a right to your own nuclear knives? If not, then what reasonable expectation do you have that your knife collection will end tyranny?

We need to conduct rigorous background checks for knife sales, including private knife sales.

We should also look into regulating sharpeners, which make knives much more effective than they would naturally be.
It is not easy to purchase a large kitchen knife in England. No, really.

If we take away knives, people will just use baseball bats. Knives don't kill, people do.[DOUBLEPOST=1365564042][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is not easy to purchase a large kitchen knife in England. No, really.
Yep. And if you carry a knife on you, you can be charged with a crime if you don't have good reason to be carrying one.

Yeah, I'm all in favour of this being a joke thread*. Otherwise, we do have to start on that whole thing again, and I'm pretty sure this Horse Mulch isn't helping anyone.
For the record, anything over 28 cm (about 11 inches) is regulated in Belgium :p
*It's still a tragedy 14 people were injured, of course

That said, I think a good measure from the government would be to ban serrated knives. You don't need it for anything, it just looks "evil" and makes sure wounds inflicted bleed more and have a higher risk of infections; there's no reason why anyone would want a serrated blade for hunting or the range.

but tomatoes!
A real chef can peel a tomato without a serrated edge. Only wussies need help like that. You think our ancestors had those high tech edges to deal with tomatoes? No they didn't. I simply don't have any respect for anyone who thinks using a serrated edge on a tomato is "sporting".

No one's saying we want to ban ALL knives. Just the military grade ones that have no business in the hands of civilians.
Please feel free to arm yourself with as many butter knives as you can carry.

No one's saying we want to ban ALL knives. Just the military grade ones that have no business in the hands of civilians.
Please feel free to arm yourself with as many butter knives as you can carry.
But as stated before, a butter knife won't stop an entire army led by a Tyrannical government the way a military grade knife will. Everyone knows that a single or even a few people with military grade knives is enough to stop an entire Army!

But as stated before, a butter knife won't stop an entire army led by a Tyrannical government the way a military grade knife will. Everyone knows that a single or even a few people with military grade knives is enough to stop an entire Army!
But what's going to stop the army from... I don't know... THROWING their knives at you?

Look, we already prohibit the sale of butterfly, spring loaded, and other fully automatic knives. It hasn't made our citizens any less safe.

We shouldn't need knives longer than 3" paring knives for most needs, and those that do need longer knives would only need a chefs license.

I don't see the problem with having a national list of licensed longknife owners.

That won't stop mechanical geniuses from making their own knives, of course, but knives are complex enough that few will be able to make effective ones in their own home, even with the proliferation of instructions online and cheap grinding machines. They might as well be banging flint rocks together.

They can regulate knives all they want... I'm just going to print them on my fancy pants laser sintering machine and have all the knives I desire!

They can regulate knives all they want... I'm just going to print them on my fancy pants laser sintering machine and have all the knives I desire!
You could buy thousands of black market knives before you reached the cost of a laser sintering machine, but even it that weren't true,try to sharpen a laser sintered knife. It just ain't gonna happen folks.

Besides, how are you going to be able to effectively stab people with no depth perception since that one time you were curious about the machine and opened the door without protective eyewear?

We need to do something to change perception of knives in society. Right now parents are leaving knives easily accessible to small children. Parents are even giving their children knives without so much as a knife safety class and leaving them unattended. We need to get society to see them for what they are. Relentless stabbing machines.

GasBandit

Staff member
We need to do something to change perception of knives in society. Right now parents are leaving knives easily accessible to small children. Parents are even giving their children knives without so much as a knife safety class and leaving them unattended. We need to get society to see them for what they are. Relentless stabbing machines.
You'll never overcome the obsessive knife culture in this country, it's disgusting and bewildering.

Status
Not open for further replies.