[Question] Anyone else having this problem with the boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SeraRelm

The site, for the past couple of days, has been ridiculously laggy in terms of loading up the forums. Did I miss a post on this or something? It's just at the cusp of being unusable for me.

M

makare

I think they are talking about it on the bug reports forum. But yeah it is slow. slow as a torturous hell.

What Patrick said. Via Comcast at home, the lag is to the point of making the forums unreadable. Going through the work DSL is just fine. So I doubt it's Dave's fault (this time ;)).

S

SeraRelm

Possibly, It's hard to check for that stuff when it takes a minute to load one page.

That, and I don't really venture outside of the General forum. I don't have that sort of time and it's scary out there.

Yes. I frequently end up timing out. As I type this message, the page is apparently still loading. not sure what's going on, really. It seems to be very selectively hitting people.

Could it be something geographic or service provider related? It is rather strange.
It isn't affecting any other websites except this one. It could be a DNS thing, but I'm not sure why that would be. I just arrived at my parents this week. I'm not sure if it started before or after that, though.

Yeah, I don't think it's a proglem with the forum itself. Halforums is super slow/laggy on my work computer, but is completely find and speedy quick on my home lappy.

Dave

Staff member
Looks like everyone is having issues with certain IPs in the KC server farm. Wonder if there's something going on with the VPN batch itself.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've noticed at certain times the site stops loading entirely, but I think that was when Dave was mucking about with styles. Other than that, I've not seen anything out of the ordinary...

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, when I'm doing anything behind the scenes it has to reset the styles, which takes a while due to the number of them we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.