Add another body to the pile... (Thief)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
As long as they keep the sneaky sneaky done the right way I think it'll work. The thing I loved about Thief was that you had to be really patient. You couldn't just run in guns a-blazing unless you wanted to die a sad and speedy death.

I'd argue that Dishonored is the spiritual successor to Thief, except it let you do the guns a-blazing if you wanted to. It just made the game MUCH HARDER if you did it more than a few times. Thief just wouldn't let you advance if you didn't play it in the narrowly defined way the developers intended. Both styles have their merits, but I prefer having more options than not.

GasBandit

Staff member
I liked that the hitman series let you advance even if you massacred everything, it's just if you left witnesses you were more likely to be recognized later. But you could be stealthy and clever or a human wrecking machine.

I wish Thief 3 wasn't a glitchy mess. Thief 2 was one of the best games I ever played.
Are you saying it's a glitchy mess playing on an OS that never even existed when it was released, or in it's original form on the proper OS? I don't seem to recall it having any issues when it was released.

Are you saying it's a glitchy mess playing on an OS that never even existed when it was released, or in it's original form on the proper OS? I don't seem to recall it having any issues when it was released.
Fair enough, it's a glitchy mess on an OS that it was never designed for.

But I still can't play it, and I wish I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.