Abridged Shenanigans

GasBandit

Staff member
You think after they voiced the big-head versions of the characters in that Cell-games reenactment they'd be cool now but NOPE!
That was a work of the American localization team though. When the frowny rectumbosses in Japan got wind of it, they yanked it so that it didn't air on CN.

That was a work of the American localization team though. When the frowny rectumbosses in Japan got wind of it, they yanked it so that it didn't air on CN.
Fuckin' Toei, its bad enough they make the American audience wait RIDICULOUSLY long for the books to come out(its all ready translated you dicks, waiting three months only makes sense in Japan) and now this.

figmentPez

Staff member
Team Four Star is trying a new thing, premiering the next episode of DBZA on a Twitch livestream:

TLDW: it's going to be Friday May 12 at 6pmCDT

GasBandit

Staff member
"Are you truly perfect?"
"Well... technically, eh... nah..."
"Have you ever fought a Z-Warrior? Like, a real Super Saiyan!"
"Nah." Vigorous head-shaking
"Have you ever absorbed anyone?"
More head-shaking "Nah, nah..."
"Alright! I can see that I will have to teach you how to be PERFECT!"

...aaaaand they're gone.
Haha ya, figured that would happen sooner or later. Here is the jist of what happens...

The first video has Vegeta entering the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to get some final training before the next big arc. As he is about to enter, Popo stops him and tells him that should he break it again, he would be banned. As he says banned it zooms in super close to Popo so all you see is his eyes with his solid black skin filling the rest of the frame, a popular shot used by TFS to show how terrifying Popo is in their version (though they also have the mouth usually), and even has a music queue to kind of catch you off guard with how dead serious Popo is being.

The second video is a transition in which the two Omni King's fade out, but two of their eyes remain, going to black, then merging into a single circle that turns into a traffic light. For the moment before the two eyes merge into the single circle, it once again looks exactly like the Popo eyes on black frame from earlier in the show.

Deadpool was less entertaining and more obnoxious for me. I mean, I get "obnoxious" is Deadpool's schtick, but it's was particularly obnoxious for this.

GasBandit

Staff member
This game is so god damned pretty. The only way it could be better is if TFS actually did the voices.

But here's them playing it and doing the voices, which is ok too.

figmentPez

Staff member
I decided to check out the latest episode of FF7 Machinabridged (episode 12) to see if it has improved....

NOPE

Every single party member is grating and obnoxious. The only enjoyable part of the episode was Linkara guest starring as Choco Bill. Someone put this series out of it's misery.

Not DBZA but I felt like it belonged here more than any other thread:

I'd almost like to see a more serious treatment. Maybe not of an entire episode, but I feel like there is plenty of comedy gold to be mined by picking juuuuuust the right scenes and chaining them together.

--Patrick

You didn't mention it so I will that it's part 1 of 3 and the total running time of all three episodes will be greater than 60 minutes and less than 90. Why they didn't just how long it will be total, I don't know.

If it's still being worked on and will be in three parts, why not just make it three episodes? It's not like all the old episodes didn't flow into the next, that was sort of the DBZ format.