A Plea to My Fellow Halforumites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff cut for length.
Charlie, I want to say that I'd prefer this more open, honest version of you than the front you put up. I think that's always been my issue with you: we didn't really get you, but a persona. The trolling comments, the quoting other people without giving your own opinion, etc. It was almost crystal clear that it was a persona. What you say does matter. I think I speak for most that all we ask is, if you're going to say something - especially if it's something that'll likely rile us up - that you back it up. Don't just say something with a sentence and drop it without explaining, leaving us to argue for a page or two trying to decipher it.

GasBandit

Staff member
No, it means there's a polite, clean-shaven GB somewhere. This GB complains about how little government oversight there is in the economy, and pushes for a heavier income tax (up to 75%, just like France's latest proposal). That GB also weeps whenever someone insults him, because words hurt and ultimately those insults diminish the beauty of life. That GB thinks people are good, and they just need a hand from the government to create an egalitarian society.
Such an abomination could not possibly exist in any dimension.

Don't just say something with a sentence and drop it without explaining, leaving us to argue for a page or two trying to decipher it.
I don't want to undermine what you're saying, or Charlie's openness, but... It is kind of funny that we do that. He's got getting our goat down pat.

Good lord, figmentPez . You pimp out that icon every chance you get. I swear, you're going to give it huge-ass exhaust pipes for ears, next...

*grabs hold of you* No. No! No, you may not! You may not put huge-ass exhaust pipes for ears on your Durr icon!

figmentPez

Staff member
Good lord, figmentPez . You pimp out that icon every chance you get. I swear, you're going to give it huge-ass exhaust pipes for ears, next...

*grabs hold of you* No. No! No, you may not! You may not put huge-ass exhaust pipes for ears on your Durr icon!
Nick, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! LIKE EAGLES...ON...POGO STICKS!!!

bone-wagon_65175.jpg

S

SeraRelm

You seem angry, Jay. Very angry. I shall call you VAJay. Is it ok if I call you VAJay, Jay?:D

so where is our jay, because this rube, he cant be ours....so ill tempered I wonder if he is like the anti-gasbandit? :3

okay, I'll contribute.

My sabbatical (what was it? almost exactly the month of April I think) was, yes, because people were being mean to me. I was kind of in a bad place mentally (still am, depression sucks), and starting to believe all the stuff people said about me here and let everything get to me. I'm not going to say I shouldn't have been treated like that or that everyone should be kinder and gentler and I was a victim, bla bla. I deserved it.

I'm trying to be a better person, since I usually act like a prick here. It's some weird thing where I use this place as somewhere where what I say doesn't matter and that I think I'm automatically better / smarter than everyone. This isn't true, there are smart people here, and there are damn sure people that are better morally than I. Since in real life, and hell, even other online communities, I think I'm really fucking stupid and can't stand up in any sort of discussion or argument, etc. This is kind of rambly, but I think you get the point. I'm a sad person that gets some stupid measure of happiness thinking I'm smarter than y'all sometimes. If it makes you feel any better, every time I say Avengers isn't good, I'm really saying that I am stupid and unhappy.

That's actually not true. I do a lot of shitty things here, but I really don't make up or take opinions just to piss you guys off. So that's my self-psychoanalysis story I guess

Somehow, I genuinely believe you and praise you for posting this. Do you plan to adapt somehow in the future?

ElJuski

Staff member
Well, I transcend space and time, gentlemen, so there are no alternate universe Juskis.

Also I look like a pedophile if I'm not clean-shaven or scruffy, so no mustaches or beards. Although next time I shave I'll take a picture and show you, and then

it will truly be the darkest timeline.

EITHER WAY, THIS THREAD IS IN HAPPY PLACES NOW, YAYY

The evil poe is out there, somewhere. But really, all he does it randomly come into threads to make dick jokes, before vanishing into the shadows again.

Penis.

So there's some Shiny, Straight, Holy Light Weilding, Paragon of Justice me out there?

Oh I'd love to meet her.... she'd be amazing in bed once I cracked the goody-ness out of her ;)

S

SeraRelm

So there's some Shiny, Straight, Holy Light Weilding, Paragon of Justice me out there?

Oh I'd love to meet her.... she'd be amazing in bed once I cracked the goody-ness out of her ;)
Would that count as masturbation? Would it be a threesome if someone else were involved?

Would my "evil version" be Ann Coulter?

The evil me is that guy who never stops talking about things that ultimately don't matter. Also, he is good at everything he does, except cooking.

Edit: So...Guy Fieri, I guess.

I already have my head shaved and I already have a goatee. Darn. So how do I become more evil? I already walk around in a black leather trenchcoat. Ahhh!

Also:
1) CDS's thread about loving everyone is in the Hall of Shame, and it isn't what was linked earlier.
2) Threads like this have been popping up since back when this was still Halforum. Y'know what? This place strikes my fancy now more than it did when I left - because there's less people around I don't care about. A forum with a big group of uninteresting users won't survive because it's not fun or interesting. A forum with a small group of interesting users can die off if the wrong people leave... We need one or two good new people a year, not too many nor too few. Do'nt worry ,be happy...And when this forum's got its period, just chill and enjoy the hot flames ;-)

Sure, meet your Avatar. It's all of that + gore. But its Justice gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.