>___< "In a Woman's World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty Sinatra

Kissinger said:
I am really confused what you think your original point was.
My point is tiny: Stereotypes form the foundation of a hell of a lot of jokes that we laugh at.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Gruebeard said:
My point is tiny: Stereotypes form the foundation of a * of a lot of jokes that we laugh at.
Yes, but the jokes that I laugh at that are based on stereotypes tend to subvert them or satirize them. That's entirely different from laughing at a joke that says, "Chicks sure love to shop, don't they? Loller skates!"

Cajungal

Staff member
Reactions
326 93 0
Cajun stereotypes that make we laugh:

We all live in the swamp.

Our primary transportation mode is boats.

We go barefoot all the time (don't know how that one came up).

Our food is always hot.<--This one is just silly, as every true Cajun knows that we're all about flavor, not heat.

Reactions
39 0 0
That trailer hurt my gray thinky thing. Just...wow.

I scanned the thread, but didn't see much. It did, however, immediately make me think of this in terms of stereotypes:

Reactions
109 11 0
God damn, it's cold eh! If I could only find my touque, I'd get up off this chesterfield and chop myself down a big tree to make into a hockey stick. That's what I'm talking aboot eh.

Reactions
13 0 0
Wow, I missed out on this thread. I would love to contribute further, but I think all the relevant talking points have been beaten to death. Having said that, I did want to address two things:

First,
BlackCrossCrusader said:
It's amazing how a simple joke readily turns into a political thread, with labels and insults thrown around.

CDS is a better troll than A Troll.

*Typing that last sentence, than reading it aloud makes me twitch inside. :eek:rly:
I think what's really amazing is that some people seem to think I'm actually trying to be a troll.

Second, I got a little offended initially at how much flak I was taking in a thread where I wasn't even involved... then I realized most of it came from Kissinger. If he doesn't like me, I must be doing something right.

S

Steven Soderburgin

A Troll said:
Second, I got a little offended initially at how much flak I was taking in a thread where I wasn't even involved... then I realized most of it came from Kissinger. If he doesn't like me, I must be doing something right.
Nah, you're just a terribly boring and bland poster.

EDIT: Let me make an addendum: You are notable in that you try too hard.

K

Kitty Sinatra

A Troll said:
I think what's really amazing is that some people seem to think I'm actually trying to be a troll
You're being stereotyped by your race, dude.

Reactions
13 0 0
Kissinger said:
A Troll said:

:rofl:

The "bad troll trying to be a good troll" got stale for me a long time ago, too. I haven't been playing that up for a while now. Try to keep up, kiddo. Glad to see you're still trying the "self righteous prick" persona, though. Let me know how that works out.

Asshole.

A

Anubinomicon

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2SFBLOI2aQ:zehfgpg7][/youtube:zehfgpg7]

A Troll said:
Kissinger said:
[quote="A Troll":1veu6f05]Second, I got a little offended initially at how much flak I was taking in a thread where I wasn't even involved... then I realized most of it came from Kissinger. If he doesn't like me, I must be doing something right.

The "bad troll trying to be a good troll" got stale for me a long time ago, too. I haven't been playing that up for a while now. Try to keep up, kiddo. Glad to see you're still trying the "self righteous *" persona, though. Let me know how that works out.

*.[/quote:1veu6f05]

You're still a bad troll. Bad troll. Bad.

C

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:
A Troll said:

Hey everyone, look! It's a stereotypically self-righteous virgin!

Reactions
418 41 0
Chazwozel said:
Kissinger said:
A Troll said:

Hey everyone, look! It's a stereotypically self-righteous virgin!

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
1,821 384 8
Charlie Dont Surf said:
Calling people virgins: the ultimate insult? 9 out of 10 middle school seniors agree.
WTF is a "middle school senior?" They actually name the grades in middle school now? This country is going to hell faster than I thought.

Christ, like the other time I heard about somebody's "5th grade graduation" ceremony because they were leaving grade school. What's next, senior trip to mexico for passing kindergarten?

ElJuski

Staff member
Reactions
26 0 0
He probably meant high school, I'd wager. Either way the whole "virgin" thing is pretty fucking dumb and old.

K

Kitty Sinatra

They don't like your joke Chaz. You should've added in more stereotypes, and a smurfing curse word or seven.

Reactions
3 0 0
You know, lately I've had that "not so fresh" feeling. I'm at a loss as to what might give me some relief...

Charlie Dont Surf said:
*the usual*
Ahhhh. That's better. :sobad:

Status
Not open for further replies.