>___< "In a Woman's World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty Sinatra

Kissinger said:
I am really confused what you think your original point was.
My point is tiny: Stereotypes form the foundation of a hell of a lot of jokes that we laugh at.

S

Steven Soderburgin

Gruebeard said:
My point is tiny: Stereotypes form the foundation of a * of a lot of jokes that we laugh at.
Yes, but the jokes that I laugh at that are based on stereotypes tend to subvert them or satirize them. That's entirely different from laughing at a joke that says, "Chicks sure love to shop, don't they? Loller skates!"

Cajungal

Staff member
Cajun stereotypes that make we laugh:

We all live in the swamp.

Our primary transportation mode is boats.

We go barefoot all the time (don't know how that one came up).

Our food is always hot.<--This one is just silly, as every true Cajun knows that we're all about flavor, not heat.

That trailer hurt my gray thinky thing. Just...wow.

I scanned the thread, but didn't see much. It did, however, immediately make me think of this in terms of stereotypes:

God damn, it's cold eh! If I could only find my touque, I'd get up off this chesterfield and chop myself down a big tree to make into a hockey stick. That's what I'm talking aboot eh.

Wow, I missed out on this thread. I would love to contribute further, but I think all the relevant talking points have been beaten to death. Having said that, I did want to address two things:

First,
BlackCrossCrusader said:
It's amazing how a simple joke readily turns into a political thread, with labels and insults thrown around.

CDS is a better troll than A Troll.

*Typing that last sentence, than reading it aloud makes me twitch inside. :eek:rly:
I think what's really amazing is that some people seem to think I'm actually trying to be a troll.

Second, I got a little offended initially at how much flak I was taking in a thread where I wasn't even involved... then I realized most of it came from Kissinger. If he doesn't like me, I must be doing something right.

S

Steven Soderburgin

A Troll said:
Second, I got a little offended initially at how much flak I was taking in a thread where I wasn't even involved... then I realized most of it came from Kissinger. If he doesn't like me, I must be doing something right.
Nah, you're just a terribly boring and bland poster.

EDIT: Let me make an addendum: You are notable in that you try too hard.

K

Kitty Sinatra

A Troll said:
I think what's really amazing is that some people seem to think I'm actually trying to be a troll
You're being stereotyped by your race, dude.

Kissinger said:
A Troll said:

:rofl:

The "bad troll trying to be a good troll" got stale for me a long time ago, too. I haven't been playing that up for a while now. Try to keep up, kiddo. Glad to see you're still trying the "self righteous prick" persona, though. Let me know how that works out.

Asshole.

A

Anubinomicon

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2SFBLOI2aQ:zehfgpg7][/youtube:zehfgpg7]

A Troll said:
Kissinger said:
[quote="A Troll":1veu6f05]Second, I got a little offended initially at how much flak I was taking in a thread where I wasn't even involved... then I realized most of it came from Kissinger. If he doesn't like me, I must be doing something right.

The "bad troll trying to be a good troll" got stale for me a long time ago, too. I haven't been playing that up for a while now. Try to keep up, kiddo. Glad to see you're still trying the "self righteous *" persona, though. Let me know how that works out.

*.[/quote:1veu6f05]

You're still a bad troll. Bad troll. Bad.

C

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:
A Troll said:

Hey everyone, look! It's a stereotypically self-righteous virgin!

Chazwozel said:
Kissinger said:
A Troll said:

Hey everyone, look! It's a stereotypically self-righteous virgin!

GasBandit

Staff member
Charlie Dont Surf said:
Calling people virgins: the ultimate insult? 9 out of 10 middle school seniors agree.
WTF is a "middle school senior?" They actually name the grades in middle school now? This country is going to hell faster than I thought.

Christ, like the other time I heard about somebody's "5th grade graduation" ceremony because they were leaving grade school. What's next, senior trip to mexico for passing kindergarten?

ElJuski

Staff member
He probably meant high school, I'd wager. Either way the whole "virgin" thing is pretty fucking dumb and old.

K

Kitty Sinatra

They don't like your joke Chaz. You should've added in more stereotypes, and a smurfing curse word or seven.

You know, lately I've had that "not so fresh" feeling. I'm at a loss as to what might give me some relief...

Charlie Dont Surf said:
*the usual*
Ahhhh. That's better. :sobad:

Status
Not open for further replies.