20th Anniversary of Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill

I was going to post this yesterday, but never got around to it. 06/09/15 marked the twenty year anniversary of the release of one of my favorite albums of all time Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill." This album, of course, featured the song Ironic, which stirred up a bit of controversy about the meaning of the word with English professors everywhere falling all over each other to condemn every thing in the song as not being actually ironic.

In memory of that fateful day, I propose a little forum game. Take just one line per person and make it ACTUALLY ironic.

Actual line: It's like a death row pardon two minutes two late.

Actual Irony: It's like a death row pardon two minutes two late because the governor lost power in his office keeping him from making the call to give the pardon in time.

I think that's ironic.

Yeah, I really do think.

Oh, you're going to go that way, hm?

Well, I'm here to remind you of the mess you left when you went away!

Actual line: It's like rain on your wedding day.

Actual irony: It's like rain on the Wicked Witch of the West's wedding day.

It's a traffic jam when you're already late to the conference of city planners you are hosting and giving a speech on the subject of how your actions as a city planner have eliminated traffic jams.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a quenching, torrential rain in the desert... that begins 5 minutes after you've drunk your fill at the oasis.

It's like trying to check a phone app to make sure what subway stop is yours, and there's no service until that stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

Staff member
She really does have a great voice.

Line: It's a black fly in your chardonnay.

Actually ironic: It's like a bug in your Black Fly Chardonnay.