2016: the year of the sex robot?

No better or worse than your average waifu body pillow. But I hope marriage will only be granted if and when it can be conclusively proven a robot can grant consent - that's the bar we set for all other variations of marriage, after all.

Aye, but I was going for the joke.

(I also wanted to cut off Bubble from being able to counter that he meant modern Western culture)

Or arranged marriages, or child marriages...
All right, we got white marriage, black marriage, spanish marriage, yellow marriage, we got hot marriage, cold marriage, we got wet marriage, we got smelly marriage, we got hairy marriage, bloody marriage, we got snappin’ marriage, we got silk marriage, velvet marriage, naugahyde marriage, we even got horse marriage, dog marriage, chicken marriage!

GasBandit

Staff member
All right, we got white marriage, black marriage, spanish marriage, yellow marriage, we got hot marriage, cold marriage, we got wet marriage, we got smelly marriage, we got hairy marriage, bloody marriage, we got snappin’ marriage, we got silk marriage, velvet marriage, naugahyde marriage, we even got horse marriage, dog marriage, chicken marriage!
If you can find a cheaper marriage anywhere else... Marry it!

They weren't even robots, they were RealDolls. Basically it was a brothel for squeamish necrophiliacs.

fade

Staff member
Wonder if the Jawas carry a selection of sexbots. We don't really see androids in the movies so it would probably look something like that. "Look uh, Mr. Jawa--it can get awfully lonely out here on the moisture farm, if'n you catch my meaning" "Yes sir, this way, sir. Meet 69-DD"

GasBandit

Staff member
Wonder if the Jawas carry a selection of sexbots. We don't really see androids in the movies so it would probably look something like that. "Look uh, Mr. Jawa--it can get awfully lonely out here on the moisture farm, if'n you catch my meaning" "Yes sir, this way, sir. Meet 69-DD"
You know, I always thought fleshlights kinda looked like lightsaber hilts.

fade

Staff member
So, uh, how do they quality control that stuff?

Remember the old Hanes underwear commercial with the "Inspected by number 12" guy? Do these come with a little slip of paper that says, "Fucked by number 12"?

GasBandit

Staff member
So, uh, how do they quality control that stuff?

Remember the old Hanes underwear commercial with the "Inspected by number 12" guy? Do these come with a little slip of paper that says, "Fucked by number 12"?
Well, I mean, it's not like inspector number twelve PUT ON the underwear before stamping it.

That reminds me. I meant to mention to @Gas about the cover of Smithsonian Magazine's June 2017 issue:

175012530_smithsonian-magazine-june-2017-1.jpg

This suggests a completely different movie scene:
"I want to say one word to you...just one word:"
". . . . 'fuckbots.'"

--Patrick
(no BTW I have not yet seen The Graduate)