Zelda cartoon on Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show is so bad it's is funny but still really sad. I have already watched them all just for the sake of watching them and I must admit in a twisted sort of way I do enjoy them.

I watched so many game related shows growing up. I liked them all when I was younger, but I think the only one that has successfully survived the test of time, and remained a decent show for an older me, was Sonic the Hedgehog on NBC.

I watched so many game related shows growing up. I liked them all when I was younger, but I think the only one that has successfully survived the test of time, and remained a decent show for an older me, was Sonic the Hedgehog on NBC.
Yeah, the action-based good one, not the awful cartoony one with chili dogs and robot asses.

T

TwoBit

As a kid I would aways watch the Mario show and skip the Zelda cartoon on Friday, 'cause I thought it sucked. Watching both shows as an adult, I now realized that they were both equally terrible.

As a kid I would aways watch the Mario show and skip the Zelda cartoon on Friday, 'cause I thought it sucked. Watching both shows as an adult, I now realized that they were both equally terrible.
Haha! I myself could not wait for another episode of The Legend of Zelda and disliked the Mario Bros cartoon. I loved the live action bits though.[/QUOTE]

And I actually liked Captain N: The Game Master... We all have our crosses to bear.

I liked Captain N too. I picked up the DVD set when it came out. It's watch-able now... but just barely. One of my favorite DVD sets is the Real Ghostbusters. That was a great show with plenty of adult appeal. But it's not much of a video game show so I guess it's not worthy of this thread.

I think animation suffered quite a bit in the 80s. It needed to be fast and cheap so they often took economical short cuts such as reusing animation cells. Back then a lot of animation (including Captain N) was done by DIC, who has a history for poor employee treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.