Your WI-FI makes me sick...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

I think that is a crock. Cause if that is the case, they would all be dead since there are CELL towers all over the place.

Yep, Cell Towers, Radio/TV/company radio Towers, CB Radio, Tube TVs, Microwave communications, police/fire/city radio, police radar, automatically opening doors... there is so much polution of the EM spectrum in this nation that he would have to live on a desert island to get away. Then there is satellite communications and sun flares to worry about.

fade

Staff member
Holy crap, they better watch out for that giant yellow EM emitting ball that circulates through the sky every day.

C

Chibibar

Yep, Cell Towers, Radio/TV/company radio Towers, CB Radio, Tube TVs, Microwave communications, police/fire/city radio, police radar, automatically opening doors... there is so much polution of the EM spectrum in this nation that he would have to live on a desert island to get away. Then there is satellite communications and sun flares to worry about.
Heck, if he doesn't have shielded wire in his home (depending how old the home and if he actually spend money on it) it is not safe in the home either ;) just good old unshielded electrical wire can be bad.

C

Chazwozel

As fade mentioned. The sun. I wouldn't really consider all the EM waves we generate as a society 'pollution' since the entire human population's EM output is about 0.00001% of what the Sun cranks out per second.

The only thing I could maybe believe is if the dude has a pacemaker that for some reason fucks up around a 802.11 G wavelength?

K

Kitty Sinatra

As fade mentioned. The sun. I wouldn't really consider all the EM waves we generate as a society 'pollution' since the entire human population's EM output is about 0.00001% of what the Sun cranks out per second.
Is that how much reaches Earth, or how much is cranked out?

And is that how much we've created since the dawn of time, or how much we create per second?

Oh, one more: What's the ratio of sun:human produced EM waves at the average urban intersection of North America? In my front yard? Where that bear shits in the woods?

I believe these would be more telling statistics than a broad "the sun creates more." After all, the sun produces far more heat than a campfire, but that campfire is more likely to give me a first degree burn.

fade

Staff member
Reaching us. Period. Especially over your lifetime (though this dude would probably simply handwave that we've adapted to that). The sun is an EM generator.

Here's something rather unscientific to consider (mostly because different wavelengths and time scales are involved): those batteries or generators powering your wifi router are ultimately powered by the sun's EM energy.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Reaching us. Period.
I'm still not understanding that. Really. I don't know what "reaching us." If that's how much reaches us, can we divide that by the number of 5 foot squares on earth to determine how much hits one single person? Or is it already calculated out that way, or is that even relevant?

The statistic Chaz gave tells me nothing useful, it seems horribly out of context, a single ratio with a vague description.

fade

Staff member
I don't know a per person rad count. I could probably look it up, but until then I'm giving examples. The sun generates massive amounts of EM radiation of broadband frequency. Far more than any wifi antenna does. I don't know comparative numbers, but in a soft example, the sun is running the biosphere, the hydrosphere, and the atmospheric systems of the earth on EM radiation, including EM in the radio frequencies and many other frequencies.

C

Chazwozel

Reaching us. Period.
I'm still not understanding that. Really. I don't know what "reaching us." If that's how much reaches us, can we divide that by the number of 5 foot squares on earth to determine how much hits one single person? Or is it already calculated out that way, or is that even relevant?

The statistic Chaz gave tells me nothing useful, it seems horribly out of context, a single ratio with a vague description.[/QUOTE]

The sun pumps out 386 billion million gigawatts into space, and earth gets 0.000000045% of the Sun's Energy which equals roughly 1.737 x 10^10 gigawatts

A nuclear power plant generates about 1 gigawatt and global energy consumption is a few thousand (meaning we generate about the same or less as a society).

The sun kicks our ass in terms of the tiny fraction of the EM energy we receive from it. So yeah I was wrong in that earlier post by like 1000 fold. The entire human population makes about 5.7 x 10^-8 % of the energy that shines down on us from the sun.

Bottom line: This guy absorbs a butt fuck ton more EM radiation from just stepping outside to pick up his newspaper on a sunny day than he does from his neighbor's D-Link router.

C

Chazwozel

I'm going to bring up a lawsuit against the Sun for bombarding me with neutrinos everyday! I can't even live in a cave to escape them!

C

Chazwozel

Did the dude lose his lawsuit?[/QUOTE]

Pwn3d by Chaz.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he'll ever know it.[/QUOTE]

Well it was more of a pwnage directed towards you, since you can't google a few numbers and crunch them yourself.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting pwned for having a conversation?

I think Halforums makes me sick.[/QUOTE]

Pwned for ever questioning the might of the Wozel.

Status
Not open for further replies.