Your Steam Library & Fave Games

So most of us on here have Steam and I think use it pretty often. At least a good portion of us, anyway.

As of right now, how many games do you have in your library? How did you get most of them? Steam sales? Humble Bumbles? And what are some of your favourite or most played games in your library?

As of this writing, I have 203 games. Many of those were from Humble Bumbles or buying sale packages like the Grand Theft Auto collection or the You Don't Know Jack collection. I don't think I've spent more than $10 on any game, to be honest. At least a dozen games (probably more) on my list were gifts from friends. I have an old friend that I've known since Junior High and we gift each other a couple of cheap indie games every Christmas time.

The two games I've probably clocked in the most hours would be Team Fortress 2 and Civilization IV. Oh, Civ IV, you time sinking bastard. Though lately, I've been playing a lot of Awesomenauts. It's oddly very addicting and I love the art style for all the characters.

Some of my personal favourites include the Blackwell adventure games, Don't Starve, the Half-Life 2 and its episodes, Don't Starve, and Plague Inc.

I have 131 games in my library. Most were from Steam sales, some were from Humble Bundles, some were bought full price, and some were from the generosity of Halforumites. And for some, I have no idea where they came from. (Seriously, when did I get Tropico 3 and Tropico 4?)

My most played game is Football Manager 2013 (791 hours), followed by Skyrim (558 hours), TF2 (444 hours), New Vegas (214 hours), L4D2 (139 hours), Oblivion (133 hours), and Saints Row the Third (120 hours).

Other games I would recommend on my list include Just Cause 2, Civ 5, Hitman: Blood Money, Saints Row IV, Arkham Asylum and City, Bioshock 1 and 2, Dead Space 1 and 2, Audiosurf, Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood, and Fallout 3. Oh, and of course, Valve's Source engine games (the Half-Life series, the Portal series, Garry's Mod).

Games in my library that haven't impressed me much, however, include: Borderlands (got bored halfway through, haven't finished the game), Amnesia: The Dark Descent (I'm too scared to finish it), Bastion (boring gameplay), Killing Floor (playing by myself is no fun), and Surgeon Simulator (one-trick pony that got old fast).

I'm clocking in with a mere 72 games, on which I've probably spent an average of $25. Most played is definitely Skyrim at 624 hours, followed by Tropico 4 at 176 and Civ 5 at 102. Favorite games? Skyrim, Orcs Must Die! 2, Banished, Torchlight, and Borderlands 2.

Games that haven't impressed me? Fable 3 (which was an absolutely horrible port), Fable the Lost Chapters (again, terribly port job), and Gnomoria (I just can't get the hang of this type of game).

I have all of 9 games. My most played is Skyrim with 400+ hours. Close behind that is Dragon Age: Origins with something like 350+ hours.

figmentPez

Staff member
Hmm, Steam says 178 items, but I know that's not an accurate count. It might be close to right, considering games I have elsewere, like GOG, Telltale, etc. Also, I have a lot of Humble Bundle games that I haven't activated on Steam. I'm not sure why I never got around to that for a lot of them.

Team Fortress 2 says over 800 hours, but that's been massively inflated by time spent idling for drops.

Next highest is L4D2 at 171 hours, and damn... It might even be accurate (plus another 77 for L4D). Titan Quest (66) should probably be higher than Torchlight (111), though, since a lot of my hours spent on it weren't through Steam (I first played it on Gametap). Looking through, a lot of games should be higher than they are. Given than HL2 says 11.5 hours, and I've played the game through 3 times, plus lots of messing around with physics glitches, I can only assume that these numbers don't start from the very beginning of Steam.

I'll look through for my favorite games another time.

I have 306 games, with the most hours played on Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition with 450 hours on record. Close behind that is Skyrim with 220 hours (though steam doesn't seem to count when I launch it through another launcher, so this number is likely far higher than represented) and then Fallout New Vegas with 66 hours, Borderlands 2 with 39 hours, and most other games clocking in around 30 hours or so.

I have 141 games in my Library. Dota 2 clocks in with the most hours at 2,339 hours. The Dawn of war series games clock in with about 500 hours each or so.[DOUBLEPOST=1417464999,1417464901][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait a second.

*whips out a calculator*.

97 DAYS PLAYING DOTA 2?

Is this a dream? Am I alive?

GasBandit

Staff member
I have exactly 100 games. The vast majority came through steam sales, though there was the occasional humble bundle and even a couple full price purchases.

Here they are, listed by which ones I've played most.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058662627/games/?tab=all

Of late, Space Engineers has eaten up most of my (non HFA) time. TF2 is one I come back to often because it's all my best friend IRL can play (wife issues). But neither of them have yet to catch up to what was Pauline's favorite game to play with me, Sins of a Solar Empire.

I have 141 games in my Library. Dota 2 clocks in with the most hours at 2,339 hours. The Dawn of war series games clock in with about 500 hours each or so.[DOUBLEPOST=1417464999,1417464901][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait a second.

*whips out a calculator*.

97 DAYS PLAYING DOTA 2?

Is this a dream? Am I alive?
Dude, holy shit. And I thought my Football Manager playtime was impressive. :p