Your Entertainment Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know, I am pretty middle class myself.
How old are you? Most anime fans are ether too young for a job, too inexperienced to get more than a minimum wage one, or full/part time students in college. Not exactly the richest bunch of people... and then look at the average price for more than a few episodes on DVD.

How old are you? Most anime fans are ether too young for a job, too inexperienced to get more than a minimum wage one, or full/part time students in college. Not exactly the richest bunch of people... and then look at the average price for more than a few episodes on DVD.[/QUOTE]

im, 23, although i have no idea what that has to do with anything. as for cost of anime, most SERIES can now be picked up for under 50 dollars. I have been collecting since 2002, back when it was a few hundred dollars for a boxset, the cost of entertainment especially anime has dropped like a rock over the last decade. mind you before dvd's it was even worse. I know a few other collectors who have been collecting since the 80's and it sounds like we now pay a very small fraction of the price we would have payed in the late 80's early 90's. Just want you to think about the fact of how far down the cost of it has come.

How old are you? Most anime fans are ether too young for a job, too inexperienced to get more than a minimum wage one, or full/part time students in college. Not exactly the richest bunch of people... and then look at the average price for more than a few episodes on DVD.[/QUOTE]

im, 23, although i have no idea what that has to do with anything. as for cost of anime, most SERIES can now be picked up for under 50 dollars. I have been collecting since 2002, back when it was a few hundred dollars for a boxset, the cost of entertainment especially anime has dropped like a rock over the last decade. mind you before dvd's it was even worse. I know a few other collectors who have been collecting since the 80's and it sounds like we now pay a very small fraction of the price we would have payed in the late 80's early 90's. Just want you to think about the fact of how far down the cost of it has come.[/QUOTE]

As a toku fan I envy you.

Yeah, the Toku fans have it worse than any of us. Especially considering just about every Toku series outside of Power Rangers/Super Sentai has flopped MISERABLY in the US, while Anime at least had a golden period here.

Status
Not open for further replies.