[Webcomic] You Guys, Boxer Hockey is Seriously Fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I love this man in a very non-gay way. Well, mostly non-gay.

I miss him but he was always bigger than this place.

Bigger than this place? I think you forget who raised that money for him back when he needed it for his trip or should I say, he forgot. Which is a shame cause Rittz was fantastic to have around.

figmentPez

Staff member
I think it was just last month I finally got bitten by the bug and read through the Boxer Hockey archives. That comic is amazing. It's so far out there it loops right back around and gets inside your head.

High Ate Us

Oct 16 2011 "Moving Again, and other stuff."

Like the rolling stone that gathers no moss, I too remain moss-less as I roll along.
So here's what on the plate. As many of you know I recently ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to reprint both copies of Boxer Hockey Vol. 1 and Diesel Vol. 1 and print runs of the new Boxer Hockey Vol. 2 and Diesel Vol. 2 books as well. So while I compile all these products, regular updates are going to slow down for a few more weeks.
I value all of my readers, but right now I have to make good for the few that are able to keep this site running. In the meantime I'll try and do some quick non sequitur strips, as per tradition in between chapters. When I return of course there will be a brand new store with new merchandise like new t-shirts and stickers and buttons and yada yada.
Also, I'm moving again because our lease is up and this apartment is like a horrible cave. So there's that.
Anyway, I hope you'll look forward to the new chapter of Boxer Hockey! And thanks to the kindness of the Kickstarter pledgers, a much improved update schedule when it begins.
See you soon!

My problem with Boxer Hockey is the same one I have with Megatokyo: I'd like it a lot more if it was updated more than once a month.

Seeing as Rittz works as an animator, I find it remarkable he's able to post it as often as he does. Animation hours is crazy hours.

Dave

Staff member
Right. She died and then someone said something about not smoking because "a friend of mine's mom..."

I guess I just thought maybe they'd be more up front about it.

Still, the Rittz/Dad dynamic when he was little is heartbreaking.

I suspect Hesse is intentionally vague about it because of Rittz's age when it happened. Since Rittz probably wasn't given too many details, neither are we.

It might get more explicit in the future, but for now, we're just dealing with Rittz's relationship with Skip, learning more about Rittz's mom would distract from that.

Zappit

Staff member
I'm hoping to hear from Rittz at some point. I invited him to join the new collective. If anyone is still in contact with him, help me recruit him back here! :)

I'm hoping to hear from Rittz at some point. I invited him to join the new collective. If anyone is still in contact with him, help me recruit him back here! :)
I did the same when hlaforums was first set up. I think he probably gets invites from us once every couple of months.

Its weird to me how popular Boxer Hockey has gotten. Two guys who were in the year ahead of me do a podcast now called Guys With Pencils, and they rave about how incredible an artist Tyson Hesse is and how they need to get him to do the show, and its almost like when someone you grew up with gets famous, only weirder cause its not like I could be like "Oh yeah he's cool, we used to hang out" Its like "Yeah he used to post on a webcomic fan forum I used to frequent."

Status
Not open for further replies.