Export thread

You can now ignore pretty much anything...

Dave

Dave

You've always been able to ignore users, but now you can ignore forums...and THREADS! If you don't want to see a thread ever again you can go to the top of the thread and click "Ignore". That thread will never show for you again, even in New Posts. You can unignore stuff by going to your profile and clicking "Your Ignored Content".

I know this is something we've wanted so happy Tuesday!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

*click

strawman

strawman

Here's a quick shortcut for those who abhor me:

https://www.halforums.com/members/stienman.44/ignore

Though I suspect what's really needed is an "ignore [stienman] in [politics]"
Post automatically merged:

Although there's a significant flaw:
halforums.com said:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You may not ignore yourself.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh great, another added "feature" I'll never use.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Thanks, Mr. Negative.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

--Patrick
Just ignore it :awesome:

BErt

*ignores everything except NSFW Forum*

Dave

Dave

We've had people asking about this before. Now you can ignore a single thread in the General forum, for example, without having to ignore the whole forum. You people are fickle. FICKLE, I SAY!

strawman

strawman

--Patrick
You could use it if you tried harder to not want to know everything.
Post automatically merged:

Alternately, click here to ignore this thread:

https://www.halforums.com/misc/ignore-content?content_type=thread&content_id=32737

Terrik

Terrik

Empyrion? Never heard of it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I never ignore anything, because I'm an adult and can simply disregard threads or posts that do not interest me.

But you guys do you :p

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

We've had people asking about this before. Now you can ignore a single thread in the General forum, for example, without having to ignore the whole forum. You people are fickle. FICKLE, I SAY!
Thank you for all your hard work.

Hey, can I ignore all responses to a @stienman post that mentions abortion?

strawman

strawman

No, no, if you watch the person stirring the pot you also have to watch the pot boil over.

Dave

Dave

But...but a watched pot....

strawman

strawman

Shhh...shhh...there, there, everything’s gonna be alright...

Denbrought

Denbrought

But...but a watched pot....
1467891968-20160707[1].png

PatrThom

PatrThom

...or almost 4500psi, for you imperials.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Imperial scum.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Excellent. Ignoring users was great, but this will be even better.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

IIRC a NYT story from years back took a look at the phrase, and devised several humorous methods to keep watch on the pot. One took it literally... "oh, you meant the POT?" istead of the water, and determined you'd boil before the pot itself ever did. :Leyla:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Empyrion? Never heard of it.
It's where people ABANDONED by their gaming crew end up!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The truest sign Empyrion is dead is if I start playing. HF guild on Wyrmrest Accord? Everyone quits as soon as I transfer a toon. Left 4 Dead 2? Everyone on discord stops playing as soon as I get a copy. I'm glad I never bothered spending money on PUBG.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The truest sign Empyrion is dead is if I start playing. HF guild on Wyrmrest Accord? Everyone quits as soon as I transfer a toon. Left 4 Dead 2? Everyone on discord stops playing as soon as I get a copy. I'm glad I never bothered spending money on PUBG.
We can break this curse. Play on my server, and I'll buy you a copy.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I feel ya, DA. I felt like it was the same for me, too. Soon as I'd decide to buy into the current thing, bam, abandoned.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

*ignores everything except NSFW Forum*
I still want an option for the NSFW form to show up when I click "new posts" :)

Dei

Dei

I think you went to Empyrion and never came back, personally. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think you went to Empyrion and never came back, personally. ;)
I've tried on multiple occasions to get Vermintide and KF2 going again. Sometimes I manage to catch Snuffles. But even when I do, Terrik ghosts us.

You, at least, have an excuse. But Terrik? He gets on, sees Snuffles and I playing Vermintide, and goes to play overwatch by himself :p

But just so you guys are all clear, I'm always down to play them again, or maybe even L4D. I mostly ended up in Empyrion again because you had your thing, then Terrik went abroad, and then Snuffles stopped showing up at all for the duration. Yeah, running the Empyrion server keeps me kinda busy, but not so busy I can't play something else if I want.

Terrik

Terrik

Maybe should play something before Dental school starts in earnest.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Maybe should play something before Dental school starts in earnest.
I'm down whenever you guys are.

Heck, remember the early days, when we only played one night a week, and had to arrange it ahead of time? It just kind of morphed into us playing every single night, eventually... but nothing says we couldn't go back to a prearranged night.

PatrThom

PatrThom

remember the early days, when we only played one night a week, and had to arrange it ahead of time?
Yep.
I think I was there all of two weeks before everyone ran off to other games.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yep.
I think I was there all of two weeks before everyone ran off to other games.

--Patrick
Everyone plays so late. I get up at 5am on the east coast