YES!! Victory in programming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

Today I fixed an issue in the game I've been developing for the last 5 years.. with a 1 line command code: view_object=(OBJECTNAME)

problem was I was changing object instances in the middle of a rendered room and the engine didn't know to follow my (changed) character. I'd been looking for a way to solve this for a very very long time, and even my programmer friends didn't understand how to fix it! (I'm NOT a programmer, I just design the game layout, looks, etc) Finally stumbled onto a site using the engine that discussed multiple views, and turning the above function when the button is pressed - and then back again - solved the problem!

It'd be like, if you're playing Super Mario Bros and you get a fire flower, the screen stops following you when you shoot off a fireball.. but ONLY when you shoot off a fireball! (and I couldn't just swap sprites, I had to swap instances because of different rule sets, unless you want to get into a much much more complicated programming structure..)

so.. YAY!

Hey that's awesome! I got to the first boss and then died too many times from jumping into his hair instead of on the moving platform.

The only thing that annoyed me was that when I got into contact with an enemy, I couldn't jump anymore.

Otherwise, lots of fun!

M

Matt²

yeah still working on those bugs. you can jump ONTO an enemy (wouldn't recommend it with Handy) and then off again usually without getting stuck.. note: if out of EO ammo, try punching and kicking.. and HOLD them down, don't just press them. Same with Swordplay!

Give her another go! ..on that note, I may make a picture in picture for Handy so you can see where he's at.

yeah still working on those bugs. you can jump ONTO an enemy (wouldn't recommend it with Handy) and then off again usually without getting stuck.. note: if out of EO ammo, try punching and kicking.. and HOLD them down, don't just press them. Same with Swordplay!

Give her another go! ..on that note, I may make a picture in picture for Handy so you can see where he's at.
Nah, just demand that players invest in 5.1 surround sound, and provide a button that makes ninja say "MARKO!" and handy responds "POLO!" each time, in surround sound.

M

Matt²

Nah, just demand that players invest in 5.1 surround sound, and provide a button that makes ninja say "MARKO!" and handy responds "POLO!" each time, in surround sound.[/QUOTE]

M

Matt²

hmm.. you know, I just remembered there IS such a stereo effect, but that was 2 engine revisions ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.