Ye Olde Halforums Pub (Est. 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty Sinatra

I just drained my glass of Jagermeister. I'll take a glass of Alpenbitter now please . . . it's pretty much the same thing but made in Grimsby, Ontario, Canada.

But sweeter.

R

rabbitgod

The oatmeal stout in the fridge that I'm saving for a party on the 7th. The 7th!

It taunts me so.

The oatmeal stout in the fridge that I'm saving for a party on the 7th. The 7th!

It taunts me so.
What brand? I've found a couple Oatmeal stouts that are decent, but not my favorites. Founders Breakfast stout is fantastic, though.

For beers, Founders Breakfast Stout, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Young's Double Chocolate Stout (bottle, not that canned crap), and Lienenkugel's (yeah, I know) Fireside Nut when it's in season.

Hard liquor would be Brandy Cokes.

I could go for some Knob Creek or Wild Turkey Rare Breed, on the rocks. Been way too long since I've had some good bourbon.

M

Morgoth

Newcastle, please. So good on tap... :)

Ah that's a good starter beer my friend, but there is so much more to see and to drink.
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Give it a whirl if you can get your hands on it. It'll make Newcastle taste like rendered liquid pig slop.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I love that show and try to model my life after Cliff.

R

rabbitgod

It taunts me so.
What brand? I've found a couple Oatmeal stouts that are decent, but not my favorites. Founders Breakfast stout is fantastic, though.

For beers, Founders Breakfast Stout, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Young's Double Chocolate Stout (bottle, not that canned crap), and Lienenkugel's (yeah, I know) Fireside Nut when it's in season.

Hard liquor would be Brandy Cokes.[/QUOTE]

Homemade.

Oatmeal stouts are hard because the dark malts can overpower the oatmeal, but if you go crazy on the oatmeal then you loose that stout bite. For commercial Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is good, if not hard to say after a few.

I've a steam beer in hand at the moment.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I'll take a cold bottle of Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Trippel Belgian-style Ale.

O

Occasional Poster

Newcastle, please. So good on tap... :)

Ah that's a good starter beer my friend, but there is so much more to see and to drink.
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Give it a whirl if you can get your hands on it. It'll make Newcastle taste like rendered liquid pig slop.[/quote]

Thank you. Sadly, it seems the only Samuel beer available in my country is the good old Sam Adams, but I'll be sure to inquire about Samuel Smith with my more beer savvy friends.

With luck I'll be able to import it. :)

Sleeman's Cream Ale please.
Fine, then Rickard's Red.
Fine then, Sleeman's Honey Lager.
Alright fine. Red Stripe.

Okay, this bar sucks. Molson Canadian.

I

Iaculus

Do you do a whiskey sour?

Finest and simplest of the cocktails. Also, for some reason, the rarest - at least, it is everywhere I've visited.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Heyya bubs. Haven't seen you 'round here for a while. Buy a kitty a drink? :unibrow:

A

Armadillo

On my last visit to my weekly watering hole, I noticed that the Summit Winter Ale tap had gone up. This makes me very happy, indeed.

S

Soliloquy

The only beer I've had that I've actually enjoyed was newcastle, though that's been mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.