[Movies] X-Men: Days of Future Past

I wonder if they have the same deal with Beast.
Eh, probably not. While Beast has been an Avenger, he's much more synonymous with X-Men.[DOUBLEPOST=1397479499,1397479441][/DOUBLEPOST]Though I must say, if Disney ever gets the rights back to the X-Men, that's going to make the Wanda & Pietro situation VERY interesting.

figmentPez

Staff member
Regarding Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, they made a special deal regarding them. Though they are major X-Men characters, they are also old-school members of the Avengers. As such, they arranged it that Fox can use them but cannot reference anything related to the Avengers, whereas Disney can use them but cannot reference the fact that they are Magneto's children and mutants.
So, if Fox got the Avengers part, and Disney got mutants, does that mean Tumblr is vying to get the incest?

I was just coming to post that trailer! Out of all the stuff I've seen, this one makes me the most excited for the movie. I'm still a little apprehensive, but I loved the "Days of Future Past" original storyline.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this. It's starting to look a little too over the top, like they're trying to throw too much into it.

That's the same feeling I had about Last Stand before it came out.[DOUBLEPOST=1397673918,1397673872][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hear it's pretty spoilery so I'll avoid that one. I'm going to watch the movie anyway.
Spoiler: They're mutants.

Is it just me or at 2:08 in that trailer does Wolverine have
bone claws?
He does.

Given the timeline established in his origin movie, he wouldn't have gotten the metal inlay until 1979. If I am remembering correctly, the Three Mile Island accident was a coverup for the finale of the movie. I would rather not re-watch the movie to verify this.

Last edited:
Lets hope Singer can find the decent director in him again. He hasn't exactly been on a hot streak lately.

Wolverine lost his metal claws at the end of that film to the silver samurai and quickly regrew bone claws to replace them. I assume this film occurs after that and then he is sent back in time.

Last edited:
Wolverine lost his metal claws at the end of that film to the silver samurai and quickly regrew bone claws to replace them. I assume this film occurs after that and then he is sent back in time.
Yes but isn't the intention that his future mind simply enters his past body? It's not a literal teleporting through time situation from what I understand. That means what happens in The Wolverine is not relevant for those scenes, since it looks like they take part in the past.

P.S I hate bone claws.

Yes but isn't the intention that his future mind simply enters his past body? It's not a literal teleporting through time situation from what I understand. That means what happens in The Wolverine is not relevant for those scenes, since it looks like they take part in the past.

P.S I hate bone claws.
I believe the past portion of the movie takes place before Wolverine's skeleton was bonded with adamantium.

I actually kind of dug the comic after Magneto pulled the metal out of his body, so I'm in the "pro-bone claw" camp.

I believe the past portion of the movie takes place before Wolverine's skeleton was bonded with adamantium.

I actually kind of dug the comic after Magneto pulled the metal out of his body, so I'm in the "pro-bone claw" camp.
Plus he's more vulnerable without the adamantium. Yes, healing factor and all that, but now they can't solve every problem with "toss the indestructible guy at the issue and let him claw it to death."

What I want to know is
why Xavier is walking now, why Beast isn't furry, etc. This movie's meant to take place after First Class, right?

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I take it this movie is ignoring X-Men 3?
What makes you say that? From what I know they still connect everything to all the other movies, including 3. If your issue is Xavier and Magneto...
At the end of The Wolverine, while Logan is at the airport, all the people around him suddenly freeze. He notices some metal moving, spins around, but Magneto stops him from attacking by taking control of what is left of his adamantium skeleton. Magneto hints of the coming storm of DOFP, but Logan does not trust him. Then Xavier rolls out in his wheel chair and they zoom in on Logan's face like he has seen a ghost, representing his surprise that Xavier is alive and treating it like a big reveal.

The fact Magneto has his powers back was already hinted at the end of X-Men 3 when he caused the metal chess piece to wiggle.

Last edited:
What makes you say that? From what I know they still connect everything to all the other movies, including 3. If your issue is Xavier and Magneto...
At the end of The Wolverine, while Logan is at the airport, all the people around him suddenly freeze. He notices some metal moving, spins around, but Magneto stops him from attacking by taking control of what is left of his adamantium skeleton. Magneto hints of the coming storm of DOFP, but Logan does not trust him. Then Xavier rolls out in his wheel chair and they zoom in on Logan's face like he has seen a ghost, representing his surprise that Xavier is alive and treating it like a big reveal.

The fact Magneto has his powers back was already hinted at the end of X-Men 3 when he caused the metal chess piece to wiggle.
Was more confusion about Xavier than Magneto.

Yeah it almost feels like they're milking it as hard as they can before giving it up to Marvel. Like, I'm seeing DoFP fucking everywhere. Way more than the other X movies.

There were exactly 2 things that I loved in X-men 3. Iceman finally going full ice form, and Kelsey Grammar as Beast. Such a perfect casting choice...wasted on such a small role in such a bad movie.

I think I am more amazed that Beast got top billing on anything over half the rest of that cast, even if just a pretzel bag.