[Movies] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Two new cast members have been announced:

This is in addition to the young versions of the characters played by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.
(via i09)

The Twitterverse, however, is speculating that he will play Puck, a seven-foot tall athlete and bullfighter who turned into a 3' 6" dwarf by a malicious spirit.
Everything I've read has said he was playing a villain, and 9/10 articles seem to specify that he'll be playing Bolivier Trask. I haven't seen a single person speculate he was playing Puck.

If everything I've read about Peter Dinklage is true, he would absolutely refuse to play Puck. Unless the project completely blows him away, he doesn't go in for type roles. He has stated multiple times how much he hated his role in the Narnia movie.

He could play anyone, unless that character specifically requires size and height as a defining trait (he couldn't play The Juggernaut, for example). It's just going to require that people look past his height and don't flip out if he doesn't look 100% like the comic version of whichever character he's playing.

He could play anyone, unless that character specifically requires size and height as a defining trait (he couldn't play The Juggernaut, for example). It's just going to require that people look past his height and don't flip out if he doesn't look 100% like the comic version of whichever character he's playing.
Also, didn't Singer say there was a full on CGI character in the movie? Peter Dinklage might only be providing a voice.

Peter Dinklage is such a good actor that he gets cast for his acting, not for his size.

Except sometimes for his size, too.

Considering this is a time travel story they might go 90's cartoon style and combine comicbook storylines... if so Trevor Fitzroy might show up, and Peter Dinklage could be playing Bantam...

Anyone know if Bishop is in the film?

Ugh, I hope they stay far away from the whole Bishop/Trevor Fitzroy storyline. One of the most drawn out and ultimately stupidly paid off storylines in X-men history. Probably only topped by the prophecy of the twelve.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure "Days of Future Past" was the name of the X-Men VHS my brother had that was about Bishop coming back and trying to kill..... I think it was Gambit. If I recall correctly, Mystique had posed as Gambit and messedthings up for everyone.

Yup, like i said, the 90's cartoon combined DoFP with Bishop... though Trevor Fitzroy came later, i just didn't remember it right i guess.

If Ving Rhames is cast, I'll know to stay away. Not that I don't like Bishop... just, that VHS made my head hurt. I had no idea what the hell was happening.[DOUBLEPOST=1361119409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also the fact Ellen Page has come back intrigues me. For several reasons. 1: I think she's an excellent young actress 2: I have a thing for short brunettes so naturally I have a crush on her. 3: She's picky about her roles, and it was apparently a bit of a hassle convincing her to do X-Men 3. So that tells me either this script is really good, or she's doing this in order to get a part in something else they have coming up that she really wants.

If Ving Rhames is cast, I'll know to stay away. Not that I don't like Bishop... just, that VHS made my head hurt. I had no idea what the hell was happening.
It's time travel in a cartoon... they almost never get it right anywhere else.

Also, compared to the comics the cartoon did Bishop/Fitzroy/Cable way better (of course it helps that they already knew how they wanted to end it and who is what instead of having to make it up as they go along).

If they're going to do the Bishop thing, they shouldn't have called it Days of Future Past, it's one of the best stories in the history of the Xmen and the Bishop storyline was ass. The cartoon version was even more ass. Seeing as Bryan Singer has admitted that his main exposure to the Xmen is from the cartoons, I'm thinking we may end up getting the dumbass cartoon version.

I'm 90% certain that they're going to go with the "X-traitor" storyline in one way or another. They already killed Senator Kelley, so they already can't do the original storyline.

When I first heard of this, I was picturing Sentinels finally making it into the franchise, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be all about a traitor in the midst and someone coming back in time (most likely Bishop) to stop them.[DOUBLEPOST=1362165950][/DOUBLEPOST]
If Ving Rhames is cast, I'll know to stay away. Not that I don't like Bishop... just, that VHS made my head hurt. I had no idea what the hell was happening.[DOUBLEPOST=1361119409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also the fact Ellen Page has come back intrigues me. For several reasons. 1: I think she's an excellent young actress 2: I have a thing for short brunettes so naturally I have a crush on her. 3: She's picky about her roles, and it was apparently a bit of a hassle convincing her to do X-Men 3. So that tells me either this script is really good, or she's doing this in order to get a part in something else they have coming up that she really wants.
They turned Bishop evil in the comics.