X Code for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Is there a way to use the iPhone/OSX IDE on a windows machine? From what I've read Apple has intentionally locked out Windows users from this. Is that for real? Anyone know?

Necronic

Staff member
wow, that's pretty fucked up. Have they ever given reason for that?

Edit: nm, just read a pretty good argument for why (also says that Vis Studio isn't available for OSX which surprises me).

This is actually why I chose to start learning Java. I wanted something cross-platform and it was also free! Of course, I can't code for iOS devices, but I have started learning to program for Android devices, since that utilizes Java as well. It has made me consider switching to an Android phone as well, actually.

Another thing is that I've read that the learning curve for XCode is a bit steep, although that was before the latest version. When I was purchasing lab equipment for my current job, I had to decide between taking the plunge into XCode or to learn Android programming (I am going to use tablets for my experiments). What I read pushed me towards Android, despite my appreciation of all things Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.