Export thread

WWE's CEO resigns to run for US Senate

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Made ya look! It's Linda, Vince's wife.

Now the pro-steroid lobby may finally have their voice in Washington.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Why not? Aren't politics a celebrity zoo these days anyway?

Armadillo

I don't know that I'd call Linda McMahon a "celebrity," really. Whatever you may think of wrestling, she is the CEO of a multi-billion dollar entertainment company.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't know that I'd call Linda McMahon a \"celebrity,\" really. Whatever you may think of wrestling, she is the CEO of a multi-billion dollar entertainment company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-screen_roles_of_Linda_McMahon

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I've heard Vince McMahon is a little on the crazy side, but if Linda leads the push to make Congress more like the WWE, not only will C-SPAN actually become entertaining, but I'd assume that the rules governing kayfabe will ensure that more work gets done.

Jake

Jake

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

We have a winnar!

Kitty Sinatra

This is what I want to see.

Linda wins the seat. Every time she enters the Senate floor, she is accompanied by triumphant music while all the other Senators chant "You suck!"

Best intro ever

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

BAH GAWD BAH GAWD, THE SENATOR FROM CT HAS CRUSHED OBAMA'S SKULL WITH A STEEL CHAIR. WHAT A JEZEBEL!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Damn it! I totally would vote for Mr. McMahon. At least he knows how to make bullshit palatable.

Krisken

Krisken

Damn it! I totally would vote for Mr. McMahon. At least he knows how to make bullshit palatable.
And we haven't had that since Reagan.

Rob King

Rob King

And once again, the Americans are years behind Canada!

In the fall of 1999, a young professional wrestler named Quentin Barboni beat out 11 other wrestlers, including Mike \"Bulldozer\" Dror and Norman Tharx, in a Battle Royale to become the first leader of the Canadian Extreme Wrestling Party.
I know this should be followed with something along the lines of "I wish I was joking." But seriously: I am very, very happy that I'm not.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

God, imagine some of the signature moves.

Obama's "Hope and Change"

Palin's "Helicopter Shot"

Max Baucus' "Max Insanity"

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

God, imagine some of the signature moves.

Obama's "Hope and Change"

Palin's "Helicopter Shot"

Max Baucus' "Max Insanity"
Palin's "I Can See Russia from Here" tight rope jump!