Export thread

Wow! India limit only 100 text a day per phone.

Chibibar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15071086

If I read that correctly, it said that NO-ONE can text more than 100 text a day. That is pretty limiting.

I understand the are trying to curb "solicitor" texting, but that is insane!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Eh, that's about the number of texts I do over the course of 2-3 days. I can see alot of people having trouble with that limitation though.

Espy

Espy

If I am ever writing 100 texts a day someone shoot me.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

If I am ever writing 100 texts a day someone shoot me.
Okay.

Chibibar

Heh. the reason I post this cause I reply to a post about a girl texting/message/call over 100 a day (i.e. text, call whatever) that was 173 average a day I believe, so that insane woman is WELL over the limit if she was in India.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's a rare day where I send double digits of SMSes. 100 is a very generous limit, in my opinion.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think 20 would be generous for me.

makare

my sister texts about 300-400 times a day. she'd never make it india

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'd be hooped. I text a lot. Too much possibly. Between friends, family, school (study groups, etc. which can't always be organized by phone because we're in class at different times) and of course all my contacts in the spy world, I send at least 100 texts in a weekday.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

How is 100 texts a day limiting? I might send that in a month.

Chibibar

Heh, some of my friend teenage kids text WELL over 100 a day.

Jay

Jay

I sent less than 100 last year.... total.

Call me you fuckers.

Shakey

Shakey

I looked and I've sent 105 texts to one person over the last 2 days, and today isn't over yet. I'm not even a heavy texter. Some people choose to talk, some text. 100 in a day seems pretty low to me.

makare

I'd much rather people text me. I am watching tv or listening to music or something. I don't need to stop what I am doing and listen to someone blather on. I'd much rather read the blather.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Then lady, you came to the right place!

Cajungal

Cajungal

People should only get upset about this if they've forgotten the original primary function of a phone.

Emrys

Emrys

People should only get upset about this if they've forgotten the original primary function of a phone.
You mean, to make phone calls? That's crazy talk!

Cajungal

Cajungal

You mean, to make phone calls? That's crazy talk!
Oh... I was actually thinking "Words with Friends."

Tress

Tress

makare

hehe calling is the last thing most phones do these days.

David

David

I used to hate the idea of texting, but once I got an iPod and started using Textfree it largely replaced the function of instant messaging. I could send 100 a day easily. Does this new law apply to old-fashioned IM's sent over a cell's data plan?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

and of course all my contacts in the spy world
I have no idea what you're talking about.

:whistling:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Texting would be a great invention if it came just after the invention of the telegraph.

Jay

Jay

nocountryforold_men2007b.jpg

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Man, too many times I don't get to see IMG's...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Don't android phones come with google talk standard? I know mine did... easy way to get around the SMS limit.

Tress

Tress

When you say this:
I hear this:

GasBandit

GasBandit