World of Warcraft: What Would You Do? Need Advice. (Long Rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe so. Perhaps Scytherexx can clear that up.
They removed Realm First! Race achievements, but still have Realm First! General, Class, and Professions. The person that just hit 85 got the Realm First! General Achievement (meaning the first character on the server to his 85) and the Realm First! Druid Achievement, since he was a druid class.

J

Jiarn

It's already in game, it's called "The Insane" to be nice about it.

There was an achievement in FFXI for fishing that pretty much said in not so many words "Go step outside every now and then".

C

Chibibar

There was an achievement in FFXI for fishing that pretty much said in not so many words "Go step outside every now and then".
The load screen for FFXIV keep telling you to go outside, don't neglect your family etc etc.

I swear on Grabthar's Hammer that if I ever level a warlock to 80 I will get him the Insane in the Membrane feat.

There are already guilds that have downed as many as 8 of the 12 raid bosses for Cataclysm already. I know they're trying to madly rush through normal mode in the first week, but it's a little crazy.

It's too bad the infinite cheese method to get to 85 quickly wasn't fixed by Blizzard until a day after release.

J

Jiarn

No different than Wrath to be honest. I remember Naxx being demolished within the first week of release.

These guilds have been testing these raids for weeks/months, they knew how to handle it, how to attack it, and how to defeat it already.

No different than Wrath to be honest. I remember Naxx being demolished within the first week of release.
The issue is, you can't stop the "world first" crowd without highly overtuning the fights, at which point the 95% of players that don't care about rushing through the content are left out in the dirt. I know many people will be using the fact these guilds are downing raid bosses to complain the game is "too easy" but whatever, they are just full of hot air anyways.

At the same time, I doubt Paragon/Ensidia/vodka/Premonition just decided to call it a night without attempting the last 4 bosses (Ascendant Council, Cho'gall, Al'Akir, Nefarian), so it looks like those fights are tuned pretty difficult, even on normal (I doubt the guilds did much in the way of heroic farming prior to jumping into raids, and are banking on their knowledge of the tactics to cruise through the first raid tier). I expect after a couple days of heroic farming, they'll have the gear to clear those encounters, too, but at least they're not waltzing through all of it on day 1.

J

Jiarn

The issue is, you can't stop the "world first" crowd without highly overtuning the fights, at which point the 95% of players that don't care about rushing through the content are left out in the dirt. I know many people will be using the fact these guilds are downing raid bosses to complain the game is "too easy" but whatever, they are just full of hot air anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yep. MMO champion's boards are already flooded with that.

T

TheBrew

It's cool and all, but what will be interesting is how long Heroic Modes last. I don't plan on raiding for a while anyways (at least until I find a guild that doesn't start raids at 10PM at night). I did the Stonecore yesterday for the first-ish time (I did a bit on it on Beta); it was fun and I am looking forward to running it on Heroic mode. The boss mechanics are heads and shoulders above Wrath IMO.

C

Chibibar

At the same time, I doubt Paragon/Ensidia/vodka/Premonition just decided to call it a night without attempting the last 4 bosses (Ascendant Council, Cho'gall, Al'Akir, Nefarian), so it looks like those fights are tuned pretty difficult, even on normal (I doubt the guilds did much in the way of heroic farming prior to jumping into raids, and are banking on their knowledge of the tactics to cruise through the first raid tier). I expect after a couple days of heroic farming, they'll have the gear to clear those encounters, too, but at least they're not waltzing through all of it on day 1.
I am sure those people who raid together pretty much know each other and team work down to the single click. A small group coordination is possible with discipline and good communication, but I'm glad that some content "balks" them in 1st day. I'm sure these people will down the bosses sometimes within a month or less (cause that is what they do)

I am just going to enjoy the game and play. I hate to mad rush into things and get bored of it.

The issue is, you can't stop the "world first" crowd without highly overtuning the fights, at which point the 95% of players that don't care about rushing through the content are left out in the dirt. I know many people will be using the fact these guilds are downing raid bosses to complain the game is "too easy" but whatever, they are just full of hot air anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yep. MMO champion's boards are already flooded with that.[/QUOTE]

It's more than a bit silly when people talk about how Paragon has already killed everything in the game as an example of the game being too easy. They're Paragon; they're kind of insane that way, and they're in the top 1% of the top 1% of WoW raiding guilds.

J

Jiarn

So back to the original topic, I believe I'm going to be leveling a Worgen druid until I can afford to Race Change my level 80 druid to Worgen.

It's been a good class to me in the past, it gives me the opportunity to tank or dps depending on the situation and all the "fun" aspects of my other favorite classes are all rolled up.

I'm just going to say, I'm not very happy about the retcon about where Worgen originated from and the changes to the Scythe of Elune.

Quick question: I'm doing the 10 day trial, and playing a Worgen character. Spoilers ahead (sort of)

-

When exactly does Genn Greymane get infected? He seems totally human, then suddenly shows up when I'm talking to Crowley and says "hey, check it out, I'm a wolf too now!" Did he do that voluntarily after learning about the night elf cure? Or just get infected when I wasn't looking?

Also, is there any official statement regarding how Genn Greymane of all people from WarCraft 2, managed to get turned into a wolf? Did they deliberately choose Gilneas for the Wolf People because he had such an appropriate name? My sister was watching me play and said "Greymane? Seriously the guy's name just happens to be Greymane?" and I said "Well, actually, yeah. The character is 14+ years old" and she was like "oh. Huh."

Status
Not open for further replies.