[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

SR isn't going to be happy until the inventory system simply becomes a checklist of each individual piece of equipment that he can just check at any time in any arrangement for purely aesthetic use.

SR isn't going to be happy until the inventory system simply becomes a checklist of each individual piece of equipment that he can just check at any time in any arrangement for purely aesthetic use.
Hell yes. I wanted void storage to be like a gear barbershop. You collect items, disenchant them into some storage thing, and then when you transmog you just cycle through the learned looks until you get the one you want. Sadly that didn't happen, so instead I have a bank and bags full of stuff. I just know I am going to delete some chest and regret it later when I find something that it would work with.

Random bit of info, supposedly Lorewalkers is the easiest reputation to raise in the game. You simply get the achievements for the lore scrolls and it gives you reputation up to Exalted. Something you can do in an hour at most once you can fly. I already see a lot of people riding around on the cloud disk.

You guys need to be on an episode of nerd hoarders.
I have an embarrassing number of storage alts...not just here in Diablo 3 too.[DOUBLEPOST=1349117933][/DOUBLEPOST]
Weird things that irritate me:
I think they made tradeskills *too* easy to cap out in MoP. I already have every production profession capped, except for leatherworking because that character is on the opposite faction from the rest, but seriously, when I can cap blacksmithing before hitting level 90, and be able to mail mats around to cap out engie, JC, enchanting, and alchemy before the xpac has been out a week... that is so wrong to me. I managed to cap out tailoring without having to even pass mats around to the tailor because cloth drops are as ridic as node spawns.[DOUBLEPOST=1349106502][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was almost too easy - I agree. Not that skinning is ever all that tough, but I expected enchanting to be harder. Getting it to 500 was rough...as soon as I passed that I got to 600 pretty quick and only bought minimal dust on the AH. And that was just because I was impatient. I could have easily disenchanted quest drops over the next few days for it.

Hell yes. I wanted void storage to be like a gear barbershop. You collect items, disenchant them into some storage thing, and then when you transmog you just cycle through the learned looks until you get the one you want. Sadly that didn't happen, so instead I have a bank and bags full of stuff. I just know I am going to delete some chest and regret it later when I find something that it would work with.

Random bit of info, supposedly Lorewalkers is the easiest reputation to raise in the game. You simply get the achievements for the lore scrolls and it gives you reputation up to Exalted. Something you can do in an hour at most once you can fly. I already see a lot of people riding around on the cloud disk.
Yeah, if you have a coordinate mod, this guide tells you where all the spots are and you can get it done in about an hour, tops.

Leveling
While the leveling feels more consistent then Cataclysm, it still feels like it takes a long time to level. Maybe once I play one of my better DPS classes the leveling will speed up, but even compared to Cataclysm is just feels awfully slow (this might also be a side effect of not having a flying mount). Personally I think they should reduce the requirements by another 20% and decrease monster health by 25%, so that it does not feel like I am beating down a monster for ages. Will it happen? Not likely, but I feel it would help. At least they didn't go through with the even more steep experience requirements from Beta. This gets into another issue.
I am only at 88 with my warlock, but I am finding it really slow as well. The quests each reward 141k experience and my bar hardly seems to move. Even with a rested bonus its slow.

I'm not finding the monsters hard to kill though. When I'm somewhere not too packed I kill them in packs to speed my experience up. By the time my pet has taunted and I've put my agony etc on the last monster, the first one is dead.

I do have a rant though Mr. Horde guy last night....let me skin my own kills thank you very much.

Finding levelling a toon right from Level 1 is inexorably slow and unfulfilling. At least previously you would hit level 11 and start putting skill points into anything you want. To have to wait every 5 levels to choose one skill is really quite painful. There's really no sense of accomplishment to dinging any more. Sad :(

Just don't loot them right away.
That's what I do. Tol Barad was the place to get savage leather because people did dailies and there were just corpses everywhere, so I wold kill a bunch myself and leave them glittering so I could quick get them skinned when everything was clear.[DOUBLEPOST=1349134958][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, rant-wise, I'm getting sick of other monk heal specced folks coming into my instances as DPS and taking my healer loot :p

Finding levelling a toon right from Level 1 is inexorably slow and unfulfilling. At least previously you would hit level 11 and start putting skill points into anything you want. To have to wait every 5 levels to choose one skill is really quite painful. There's really no sense of accomplishment to dinging any more. Sad :(
I noticed this too. Plus as a Monk your abilities come at pretty large intervals until 50 or so.

It's meant to give you the freedom to just level. No need to go back and train every level. Just keep going.

I know what you mean though. It feels like you're just pushing to the end.

My monk is only level 25ish, but I haven't felt any long gaps between skills. Well, except from 1 to 10, that felt really starved for buttons to mash.

It feels like every other level or so I've been getting new abilities. Fire breath, touch of death, some really neato skills to use. It doesn't feel as exciting as it used to, though. Opening up your spellbook and trying to see what levels you'll be getting new skills isn't as interactive as a talent tree that you open up every ding to get instant feedback on how you're improving.

As a side note, low level monk tanking is ridiculous. I've been tanking level 20 instances and topping dps by nearly double, without heirlooms.

My monk is only level 25ish, but I haven't felt any long gaps between skills. Well, except from 1 to 10, that felt really starved for buttons to mash.

It feels like every other level or so I've been getting new abilities. Fire breath, touch of death, some really neato skills to use. It doesn't feel as exciting as it used to, though. Opening up your spellbook and trying to see what levels you'll be getting new skills isn't as interactive as a talent tree that you open up every ding to get instant feedback on how you're improving.

As a side note, low level monk tanking is ridiculous. I've been tanking level 20 instances and topping dps by nearly double, without heirlooms.
All tanks should top the dps meters till Cata and higher honestly.

Should have seen that coming. Blizzard already caved in on the whole "Reputation required for Justice Gear" design and hotfixed out the requirements on all factions. So far it seems ONLY for the Justice Gear, you will still be required to gain reputation for Valor gear.

This combined with the Pandaren Artifacts I learned about last night, makes me think the game is not as "alt unfriendly" as I thought. Leveling will still be a bit of a pain just because it will take a solid week per character and we don't have heirlooms, but at least now I know I can pretty quickly gear out my characters when they do hit 90.

For those that don't know what I mean by Pandaren Artifacts, they added random items you can find in different zones. These items have a chance to spawn and can be looted, and are ACCOUNT BOUND. For example, there is a 450 sword called "Blade of the Prime" that can be found sticking out of a wall in a cave in the Dread Wastes. It does not spawn all the time, obviously, but if you check back now and then you may get to loot it, giving you basically a free weapon. They have artifacts like this of all types, from a staff to a crossbow, all of them account-based and can be traded to any player you have to use at 90.

The Justice Point thing was dumb, since JP gear is lower ilvl than what drops in heroics, and you could only get it after you grinded out rep and by then you'd probably have better. I'm glad they reneged on that.

The Justice Point thing was dumb, since JP gear is lower ilvl than what drops in heroics, and you could only get it after you grinded out rep and by then you'd probably have better. I'm glad they reneged on that.
Same, I said before the whole design made me scratch my head. It didn't make any sense to me to put lower ilevel JP gear behind a barrier that meant people would mostly out gear it before they were even able to purchase it. It was a mistake it seems they realized quickly.

Same, I said before the whole design made me scratch my head. It didn't make any sense to me to put lower ilevel JP gear behind a barrier that meant people would mostly out gear it before they were even able to purchase it. It was a mistake it seems they realized quickly.
I was already going to need to gear my priest in PvP gear in order to do heroics, which is dumb. I did not have this problem with my tank because I could craft her ilvl 450 tank gear.

I of course, had the option of running scenarios trying to get a random stat item instead of just gold, and then hoping the random stat item had the right stats, but I'm not even going to go there.

They could always put higher ilvl JP gear behind the reputations if they wanted to encourage players to do the grind. The problem wasn't so much the rep grind, but more so that the JP gear seemed to be out of order in the acquire process.

It's more around 30-50 I suppose, mainly because (at least as the Windwalker) you're stuck with Jab, Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm as your only real useable abilities for DPS (Fists of Fury as well, but it's difficult to use while leveling as it's such a long channel). Your main DPS move, Rising Sun Kick, is at 56 and you can really feel how much better your damage and killing speed is once you get it. Brewmaster really only needs Keg Smash and Breath of Fire to stomp a group, Spinning Crane Kick makes it even easier.

So I logged into the starter account thingy and meddled around with a new paladin... and holy crap the skills are... um... unrecognizable to me now. Are there no longer skill trees? I got up to like level 7 or something but I didn't get to pick any skills... every once in a while a new skill would just magically appear on my hotbar. Do they still have specializations like Holy, Protection and Retribution? When the hell do I get my holy light healing spell?

Sorry for the massively ignorant questions... but the game has changed just a wee bit since I last played. Also, Wyrmrest Accord takes me forever to log into lol.

So I logged into the starter account thingy and meddled around with a new paladin... and holy crap the skills are... um... unrecognizable to me now. Are there no longer skill trees? I got up to like level 7 or something but I didn't get to pick any skills... every once in a while a new skill would just magically appear on my hotbar. Do they still have specializations like Holy, Protection and Retribution? When the hell do I get my holy light healing spell?

Sorry for the massively ignorant questions... but the game has changed just a wee bit since I last played. Also, Wyrmrest Accord takes me forever to log into lol.
- There are no longer skill trees, but every 15 levels you will get to choose one of three talents.
- Skills are automatically given to you when you level.
- When you hit level 10, you will be able to pick a specialization. The specialization gives you 4-5 unique abilities, and the skills you earn from that point on will be specific to that spec.
- Holy Light is now a Holy-only ability you get at level 34. Fret not, however, a healing spell (Word of Glory) is available at level 9, and Flash of Light is a level 14 spell.

Sticking it out with my panda priest to 20. If things don't improve, I'm done; if things do improve, I'd consider a 6 month return to WoW.

Already answered but I will give a bit more detail.

Specializations are still gained starting at LvL10. Once you reach LvL10, rather then having a talent tree like the old system in which you add points, you instead get to pick which specialization you prefer. Once you choose a spec, it will give you any starter skills required for that spec, and then later on will give more skills for that spec as you level. You can still duel-spec once you reach LvL30, or change specializations by visiting a trainer and paying a fee. You no longer have to visit a trainer for skills, instead once you reach the proper level to learn the ability, it's automatically added to your spellbook. They want you spending more time questing then heading back to towns to learn skills.

One change you will notice is that while in one spec, certain former baseline abilities are no longer around. They did this for two reasons. 1) They wanted to trim up the bars, which already were getting bloated with more skills then we could utilize, and 2) Many of the skills only really worked for one specialization anyways. Examples are the majority of healing spells now only appear in a healing spec, while you get one or two of the more utility spells to keep in other specs. Skills that require a shield for damage are only going to appear in a Tanking spec, etc...

The new talent system is basically a choice between three abilities every 15 levels. These abilities are designed to be a real choice rather then simple passives like +5 critical or +3 haste with a few random utility talents few would take over said passives. All those former passives were "baked" into the spec, meaning you pretty much get them automatically when you reach the proper level, no points required to be viable.

Some love the new talents and some hate them. I love them because they actually are choices that I can change based on how I want to play, while others hate them because the "utility" nature of them means you can, for the most part, take barely any of them and do just fine. I don't really agree, but hey, that's why they are opinions.

Example of the first talent row you will get at 15 is "Speed of Light", "Long Arm of the Law", and "Pursuit of Justice". Speed of Light is a basically a Paladin Sprint, allowing you to run at high speed every 45 seconds. Long Arm of the Law increases your speed for a few seconds whenever you cast Judgement on a target, making it more like a Paladin Charge to close gaps on an enemy. Pursuit of Justice is a passive 15% speed increase that gains another 5% per Holy Power (up to the max of three), meaning it's a more consistent speed increase that can be "ramped up" from combat. All are useful, but you can only have one of them, so you have to choose based on what you feel will be better for your playstyle.

Piotyr and ScytheRexx thanks for your responses. I'll level this guy up to 20 and fart around with him for a while before making a final decision on coming back to Azeroth... although that's really going to depend on whether my wife enjoys the game or not :).[DOUBLEPOST=1349205669][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, also... what's this transmogrify thingy all about? Can I take old gear that I like the look of (like the Paladin tier 2 judgement set) and imbue it with the stats of much better gear that may look like crap?

Piotyr and ScytheRexx thanks for your responses. I'll level this guy up to 20 and fart around with him for a while before making a final decision on coming back to Azeroth... although that's really going to depend on whether my wife enjoys the game or not :).[DOUBLEPOST=1349205669][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, also... what's this transmogrify thingy all about? Can I take old gear that I like the look of (like the Paladin tier 2 judgement set) and imbue it with the stats of much better gear that may look like crap?
Close! You can take good gear and imbue it to look like any other gear that you own.

Man, I need to go back and start farming Molten Core, T1 was the coolest Dwarf Hunter armor model.

There's a reason that I run around in my fishing clothes....

So they are buffing JP items up to ilvl 358... still not as good as the heroic drops... so JP are still basically throw away points until you do enough heroics.

Man, I need to go back and start farming Molten Core, T1 was the coolest Dwarf Hunter armor model.

There's a reason that I run around in my fishing clothes....
I still think Vanilla had the best armor and weapon models. They weren't over the top cartoonish in their size or design like they tend to be now.

I still think Vanilla had the best armor and weapon models. They weren't over the top cartoonish in their size or design like they tend to be now.

Shaman Tier 2.5

Hunter Tier 2

Paladin Tier 2.5

Warlock Tier 2.5

Paladin Tier 2.5

Mage Tier 3

Paladin Tier 3

Uhhh....?