[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

There is a semi-strategic rationale behind this kind of greifing. If you are griefing the opposite faction to the extent that they don't level alts, it decreases the amount of high levels you have to contend with. It's a stupid rationale, but I've heard that argument by greifers in the past.

As to my dislikes Gilgamesh, I have decided it was immature and will be removing them. However, your disagree without justification in the Lucasfilm purchase by Disney thread proves you wrong. I also know it's not the first time.
Everytime I've done a disagree without reason was either because it was a joke or self-explanatory. Thanks though, I think.

Ah, of course, obviously it's a joke or self-explanatory. Unlike all those other people who disagree without explanation.

Ah, of course, obviously it's a joke or self-explanatory. Unlike all those other people who disagree without explanation.
I never said everyone else did it. I specifically call out people who disagree on a vague topic so that I can hear a better reason why they disagree. Then I can take their point and apply it to my point of view. Afterwards, when a view is presented with real fact and reason, I tend to agree with them or at least acknowledge their view.

It's called having a conversation.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. You made the justification that your disagrees sans explanation are obvious. They are obvious to you, because you know why you disagreed. They may not be so to anyone else (especially if, as you say, you disagree as a 'joke'). Also, others may disagree using the same reasoning as you, i.e. "it's obvious." The end result being your actions are basically the same as those you take issue with, albeit unintentionally.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. You made the justification that your disagrees sans explanation are obvious. They are obvious to you, because you know why you disagreed. They may not be so to anyone else (especially if, as you say, you disagree as a 'joke'). Also, others may disagree using the same reasoning as you, i.e. "it's obvious." The end result being your actions are basically the same as those you take issue with, albeit unintentionally.
Apologies, I guess I give people too much credit. I for here on out will never use a disagree button without backing it up with further reasoning in a following post.

Tried to level my monk in Nagrand tonight. Went sort of like this...

Kill one quest mob.
Ganked by a 90 from another server.
1000yd corpse run.
Rez.
Kill one more quest mob.
Ganked by a different 90, also from another server.
1000yd corpse run.
And so on. After the third gank I just parked and gave up for the night.

Apparently my lesson should have been "stick with what you know." After a few days of floundering around with various different classes, I've settled back on paladin. It's just more fun to play, even though I can't put a finger on why I find it more fun to play.

That sounds like a horrible feature. I think Blizzard over estimates their players. It doesn't matter much though. Being non-instanced means you'll have to pick for butt for ever waiting for your turn anyways.

I guess I don't see the griefing potential, considering there are different guilds for each faction, and the whole point of making them BMAH to start is to control the flow of people trying to use the Brawler's Guild.

Being the huge WoW nerd I am I can tell you with 100% certainty that I'll have NOTHING to do with the Brawler's Guild.

Only way to get in is to buy an invitation from the Black Market Auction House or get invited from someone who already has it? So that you can do an open world PVE fight that can be ruined by people standing around? Yeah, no. Not a fucking chance. Way to waste resources on something that very very few will use.

Not sure where people are getting the idea that other people can ruin it. You are not supposed to be allowed into the arena unless you are the one up to fight. The ability for people to jump in before was a bug.

The reason they make it so you have to be invited is because they don't want to instance it. They want this to be a form of community builder where people, when they are bored or interested, can go see the top players take on PVE challenges. They said as time goes on and more and more people on the top end have finished, they will likely open up a new way to get invitations for the masses.

Don't they have fruit to throw at people to daze them during the fight?
That is true, but they also have things you can give them to boost them too. A daze to a good player is not going to hurt that much, it's not like a stun or anything.

From what I read they also made it so the fruit only has a chance to daze, so it might not even work. If it does work and the player is killed while dazed, it even supposedly spawns a Brawler on you that beats you to a pulp.

I just think it would be better instanced. Let you enter as a group if you want to have a fun guild event. Once one instance gets filled, roll it over to another. That way with a server full of thousands of players, you'd actually have a chance of trying it out.

It feels like gated content for the rich and elite. I thought they were trying to get away from that.

It feels like gated content for the rich and elite. I thought they were trying to get away from that.
They are, when it comes to general access to progression. Brawler's Guild is supposed to be more like Challenge Modes, for the higher end players to have something to do while not raiding heroics, that is off the progression path. Something to try and stop them from bitching about how easy the game is now on the progression line, pretty much, while giving them a chance to feel a bit more special.

The upcoming "Everyone gets to solo dungeon!" content is going to be Proving Grounds.

Yeah, exactly like the Challenge Mode is catering to a very specific high end 1%, so will the Brawler's Guild and hence the dislike of it so much by the rest of the 99%, including myself.

Yeah, exactly like the Challenge Mode is catering to a very specific high end 1%, so will the Brawler's Guild and hence the dislike of it so much by the rest of the 99%, including myself.
We have to give and take. As long as these types of "challenges" stay off the progression line, I don't really care if they make it for hardcore characters, just like how I like Challenge Modes have allowed my heroic runs to be nice and simple.

Has anyone's hunter had any success finding the rare spirit cats in Mount Hyjal? My horde hunter would love one but they must be super rare or I am looking in the wrong spot. Or both for sure are possible :)

If you haven't already, try downloading NPC_Scan. Though I will say that if WA is a crowded CRZ then it will be harder to find.

With CRZ it's gotten really hard. Doesn't only one spawn in mount hyjal at a time? So you can't really just camp one spot.

One thing I have noticed, and I don't know if this is part of every server, but whenever I join with friends on Wyrmrest using my horde characters from Tichondrius, it just loads us up on the server that the party leader is located, and does not seem to do the whole server swapping when you move between zones. I noticed this because the lag that occurs when I swap on Ghostlands never happens.

If this is the case, you might be able to get a friend to make a alt on a lower population server, party with him as the party leader, and then fly to the zone with the rare. Might give you a higher chance.

Flipped my monk off of skinning to Inscription when I got home from work yesterday morning. Also bit the bullet to get herbs leveled from 250. About 12 hours and 3k gold, they're both maxed. Just in time for Tuesday morning maintenance. :)

I want that Inscribed Tiger Staff.

One thing I have noticed, and I don't know if this is part of every server, but whenever I join with friends on Wyrmrest using my horde characters from Tichondrius, it just loads us up on the server that the party leader is located, and does not seem to do the whole server swapping when you move between zones. I noticed this because the lag that occurs when I swap on Ghostlands never happens.

If this is the case, you might be able to get a friend to make a alt on a lower population server, party with him as the party leader, and then fly to the zone with the rare. Might give you a higher chance.
It will port you to the server either of the party leader, or of the person who is the highest level, if your levels are severely different.

_NPCscan will pop up a little picture of the NPC it find when you are around the area and usually make a noise. Also hunter pets like that tend to be rare. Just remember that you may have to empty out its' cache in the wow folder(the mod has a read me file on it I think) because unless they changed it once it spots the rare once(even if it is a tamed hunter pet) it records it as found.

Notation in the PTR 5.1 I hadn't noticed until today:

* Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.

Oh my yes please?

I saw the fact they were removing raid requirements a mile away, but the fact they are making the content itself easier to handle solo? That is strange.

It's likely being done so people can farm those new non-combat pets the various raid bosses can drop.

I might pop back into WoW a bit when 5.1 hits to goof around in old raids, haven't played in about 3 weeks. Tired of dailies and LFR.