Windows Experience Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to share their epeen size Windows Experience Index? It's practically meaningless, but could be fun.

I have a 7.1, brought down by my SSD of all things.

wei.png

Brought down by my aging cpu and ram, both of which, along with a mobo, will be replaced next year when the new processor's come out.

Jeez Frank, way to slaughter everyone's scores ;)

Here's mine... I have the typical hard drive bringing down the overall score problem:

WindowsExp.jpg

The amount of VRAM some of you are sporting really raises my eyebrows. Most video cards don't have more than 2, possibly 3GB onboard, so when I see 8GB, it makes me wonder if you have the "shared with system RAM" turned on.

--Patrick

The amount of VRAM some of you are sporting really raises my eyebrows. Most video cards don't have more than 2, possibly 3GB onboard, so when I see 8GB, it makes me wonder if you have the "shared with system RAM" turned on.

--Patrick
So does that increase or decrease your score? And how the heck do you do something like that on a machine like mine?

It's usually something you enable/disable in the driver. Usually it drags down your actual performance due to bus contention, though if the WEI mark is based solely on the amount of VRAM, having more of it will give you a higher score.

--Patrick

It shouldn't mess with the score that much. It's doing performance not quantity.

If anything, it's dragging you down.

For the record, I have 4 gigs from 2 2 gig cards.

--Patrick
Crossfire. Twin 6850s in this bad boy. :D

--Patrick
You know I never even payed attention, but I do know my 460 only has 768MB. Time to go check on my driver settings.

5.9 on my Asus G60J gaming notebook computer. Which isn't bad, I think, for a notebook computer that's over 3 years old.

It's usually something you enable/disable in the driver. Usually it drags down your actual performance due to bus contention, though if the WEI mark is based solely on the amount of VRAM, having more of it will give you a higher score.

--Patrick
Hey, I just noticed that was my computer reporting that ridiculous number. It should only be about 1000MB... what's up with that?

Aha! I, too, seem to have 'shared video memory' showing up in there, because my card is only a 1Gig card.

How the hell do I turn this off? I can't find an option anywhere in nvidia's control panel, and initial web searches seem to yield no usable info other than people shrugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.