[Question] Wide angle prime lenses

Wide angle? Have you taken pictures with your zooms that give you an idea of what focal length you're targeting? 14mm seems to be the minimum before you start looking at fisheye lenses.

What is your current system? For night photography, you prefer wide angle over wide aperture? I used my Canon 24-105 f4 lens for northern light photos instead of my 50mm f1.8 because of the wider angle, but for city scenes, the wider aperture was better at night.

I would be buying this to use with a 6D. My preference is wide aperture for sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1415747521,1415747468][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, wide aperture with a wider angle.

I used a 10-22 on my rebel and I very rarely used the 10mm due to the distortion issues.

That's my camera, too. Of course, both wide angle and aperture would be best, depends on the budget, which is why I haven't bought another lens yet (50mm is from my previous Rebel). I borrowed a friend's Canon 50mm f1.2 lens for my first northern lights photo session and wasn't terribly pleased. Wide angle is better in that situation.

There are some pretty sexy lenses out there, but I have a set budget for this purchase and I need to behave :)

The Sigma 35 1.4 might be a fun option. Just not sure if its wide angle enough if that makes sense.

Is the 6D a full-frame/35MM sensor?
(Yes I could search for it but I'm still rebuilding my computer station gimmea break)

--Patrick