Why are you here*?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True!

I'm just saying that I've only been a part of three webcomic communities and PVPs was the only one good enough to retain my interest.

Are you a part of any OTHER type of online communities?

Sometimes the forum is too slow when I'm waiting for a youtube video to load or something to download, I think another similar forum would fill up that time quite nicely.

Forumwise I told my story in the other thread.

Life wise, I'm not where I want to be, but I feel like I will be soon. I'll graduate this summer and finally be working full time and just doing whatever I want when I'm at home without having to worry about if I should be studying instead or writing that paper even though it's not due for another week. Go to work, come home and not have to think about until I have to go back.

Where do I go when I'm not here? Well, online I go to Digg a lot, and usually Hulu or wherever i'm watching these days (MacGyver right now). In life if I'm not in San Marcos I'm in Dallas with my friends and family up there.

A

Alucard

I was unaware that comment was centralized to any specific gender.
That was made to the whole of Halforum even though I may be a tiny bit prejudiced against women.
No offense to the women here though of course

S

Steven Soderburgin

I was unaware that comment was centralized to any specific gender.
That was made to the whole of Halforum even though I may be a tiny bit prejudiced against women.
No offense to the women here though of course
what are you even talking about

A

Alucard

Sighhh makare thought I was being a machosist with my earlier comment on here but I wasn't.
I posted again to clarify what I meant to say to begin with

Why am I here:

Forum: This is really the only place I post and/or read on a regular basis. I used to post at IMDB, but that place sucks. I guess I am here to interact with folks from diverse backgrounds with diverse views. I go through periods of inactivity though. I did not expect to actually care about some folks on here, but I do.

Life: 10 years ago I wouldn't have thought I would be working towards a PhD in Microbiology. I was sort of content doing custom woodworking. I slowly started getting the urge to finish my undergrad degree with the idea of opening my own shop someday. I did some work in a microbiology lab and thought it was rad, so I stuck with it. Turns out, I am pretty good at it. I still want to do woodworking on the side. Blue collar heart with a white collar mind.

K

Kitty Sinatra

I came back to these forums because my first choice dwindled as 3rd edition D&D dwindled.

Cajungal

Staff member
DA, imdb DOES suck!! That's one of the places that made me never want to be click on a forum link again.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah . . . that really doesn't change the activity level of Monte Cook's message boards, LB.

Yeah . . . that really doesn't change the activity level of Monte Cook's message boards, LB.
And if those were the only place to discuss third edition D&D, you'd have a point. But, with other forums like RPGnet and the fact that Paizo is continuing 3.5 edition through their own system, you DO have options.

K

Kitty Sinatra

But I wasn't there just to discuss 3e. I liked the community. I liked it better than this one. But it's gone, so I'm here. My second choice.

M

makare

But I wasn't there just to discuss 3e. I liked the community. I liked it better than this one. But it's gone, so I'm here. My second choice.
Interesting. Pro tip if you are ever with a girl don't ever tell her about how the first choice you missed out on so you got stuck with her the second choice. It's just rude.

K

Kitty Sinatra

What if I want her to dump me? That would be the type of thing to say that should work fantastically.

K

Kitty Sinatra

No, it's you. You used to be fun. Now it's all just angry political debates and violent drunk posts. I don't even know what to call you anymore, what with all the name changing. I can't take it any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.