Who was the first man on the moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GasBandit said:
You don't call anyone who was alive in the 50s a "liar and coward" to his face. Them's just fightin' words. Frankly, I think fighting words should be more broadly accepted as justification... if people started receiving immediate, painful feedback for the horseshit they spew, maybe they'd stop being such cocktards once the consequences are framed in a manner which they can't help but understand. Actions have consequences, and so do statements.
I've seen that 'Fighting Words' have gained some credence in legal circles in recent years.

We're whalers on the moon,
We carry a harpoon.
But there ain't no whales
So we tell tall tales
And sing our whaling tune.

C

Chazwozel

GasBandit said:
You don't call anyone who was alive in the 50s a "liar and coward" to his face. Them's just fightin' words. Frankly, I think fighting words should be more broadly accepted as justification... if people started receiving immediate, painful feedback for the horseshit they spew, maybe they'd stop being such cocktards once the consequences are framed in a manner which they can't help but understand. Actions have consequences, and so do statements.
Actually, I'm pretty sure if someone gets in your face and you pop them one across the jaw, they'll have a hard time making assault charges stick since they provoked it.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
GasBandit said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure if someone gets in your face and you pop them one across the jaw, they'll have a hard time making assault charges stick since they provoked it.
and it was on camera too. That 30 year old man totally deserve it. I still find it hilarious video.

C

Chazwozel

People really underestimate how strong the word coward is. It's not an insult to be taken lightly.

If someone is yelling in your face, that can be construed as assault. Punching them in return is battery, but probably legally defensible in most cases. But it seems that most people won't deck an abusive loudmouth out of fear of legal repercussions, or fear that they're armed, or just plain fear.

As a British friend of mine once asked, "What the hell do you have to do to get someone to punch you in the face in this country?"

GasBandit said:
We'd have lots of bruised Halforumites then.

Jake said:
As a British friend of mine once asked, "What the * do you have to do to get someone to punch you in the face in this country?"
I guess it depends on age too. When I was teaching I broke up this fight. I asked the one who threw the first punch why he hit the other kid.
"He said, Yo' Mamma."
I return, "Yo' Mamma what?"
"Just, Yo Mamma."
"Did you hit him for not completing a sentence?"

C

Chibibar

sixpackshaker said:
Jake said:
As a British friend of mine once asked, "What the * do you have to do to get someone to punch you in the face in this country?"
I guess it depends on age too. When I was teaching I broke up this fight. I asked the one who threw the first punch why he hit the other kid.
"He said, Yo' Mamma."
I return, "Yo' Mamma what?"
"Just, Yo Mamma."
"Did you hit him for not completing a sentence?"
:rofl:

bhamv2 said:
GasBandit said:
I doubt that many of the worst asshats here would be nearly so vocal in person.

C

Chazwozel

Tinwhistler said:
bhamv2 said:
GasBandit said:
I am, but my sarcasm is a lot easier to detect too.

ElJuski

Staff member
Tinwhistler said:
bhamv2 said:
GasBandit said:
Oh god I run my mouth off ALL THE FUCKEN TIME.

C

Chazwozel

ElJuski said:
Tinwhistler said:
bhamv2 said:
GasBandit said:
Oh god I run my mouth off ALL THE FUCKEN TIME.

See I grew up in NYC. It's just a way of life there. :smug:

ElJuski

Staff member
I'm just spoiled and never had a guy beat the shit out of me at a movie theater. A fat guy ran into me and bowled me over once though. That was in high school. I got in trouble because he was a dick and I was calling him fat; turns out, my dean was once fat too :angry:

fucken fatties

Gas didn't specify the horseshit spewing had to be in real life. Imagine if you received immediate and violent feedback whenever you posted something asshat-like. Submit a troll post, and suddenly WHACK you go flying out of your chair.

In other words, someone invent a machine that allows us to punch other people over the Internet already.

bhamv2 said:
In other words, someone invent a machine that allows us to punch other people over the Internet already.
Yes, oh yes please, Yes yes yes. Punch is a bit tame, but I'd take it.
bhamv2 said:
Okay, make sure this machine is never invented.
Oh no you don't, no takey backey! That machine WILL be built!

Shegokigo said:
bhamv2 said:
Yes, oh yes please, Yes yes yes. Punch is a bit tame, but I'd take it.
I've got just the punch for you to take. Let me introduce you to my little friend...

C

Chazwozel

Oh that's one of my standard genie wishes, should I happen to run into one.

First wish. Financial security
Second wish. Gorgeous women to fawn over me.
Third wish. The ability to punch people across the jaw through my computer monitor.

Chazwozel said:

Third wish. The ability to punch people across the jaw through my computer monitor.
Reminds me of a joke:

Guy finds a genie and gets three wishes.

First Wish: Be rich and live in a huge house. So the genie makes a huge house full of money appear. He runs in and rolls around in it.

Second Wish: Have a harem of women, always horny, 100% loyal to him and bi-sexual. He opens the door to his bedroom, they're all there, making out and touching each other, beconning him over.

Spoiler warning is slightly racist:
[spoiler:svwvodkg]Third Wish: To be hung like a black man. A few minutes later there's a knock at his door, he answers it and it's the KKK. They grab him, drag him to the nearest tree and string him up.[/spoiler:svwvodkg]

C

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:

Reminds me of a joke:

Guy finds a genie and gets three wishes.

First Wish: Be rich and live in a huge house. So the genie makes a huge house full of money appear. He runs in and rolls around in it.

Second Wish: Have a harem of women, always horny, 100% loyal to him and bi-sexual. He opens the door to his bedroom, they're all there, making out and touching each other, beconning him over.

Spoiler warning is slightly racist:
[spoiler:16y0z3z7]Third Wish: To be hung like a black man. A few minutes later there's a knock at his door, he answers it and it's the KKK. They grab him, drag him to the nearest tree and string him up.[/spoiler:16y0z3z7]

So there are three castaway guys running down a hill away from a rock slide, full speed, on a deserted island and an evil genie appears. The genie laughs and says he's going to turn them all into something, but they have a choice as to what that's going to be. The genie asks the first guy what he wants to be turned into. Huffing and puffing down the hill, the first guy says, "an Eagle" to get the hell out of here. Poof, it is done and he flies away. Second guy is huffing and puffing down the hill says, " a shark" Poof he's a shark in the ocean water near the island swimming away. Finally the genie repeats his evil wager, "What do you want me to turn you into?" While preoccupied with what we wants to become, the third guy trips and yells, "OH SHIT!".

ElJuski

Staff member
A bear and a rabbit stumble upon a genie's lamp. The genie grants them both three wishes, to be granted one at a time.

First, the bear says, "I want this forest to be ample with delicious food to eat." And so, the genie grants his wish, and the forest is filled with delicious berries, deer, and other delectables.

The rabbit then says, "I want a motorcycle helmet." The genie grants his wish, and the bear scoffs. "Your wish is stupid," he says, "for my second wish--I want the luxury of an expansive cave, where I can live and sleep happily." Genie grants his wish, and the bear is smug and delighted.

The rabbit nods, then says, "I want a motorcycle." The genie grants his wish, and the bear balks. "What? A MOTORCYCLE!? REDICULOUS!" He glowers at the rabbit, then says, "For my third wish, I want the forest to be filled with only beautiful bear women for me to do as I see fit." The genie grants his wish, and soon, the forest is teaming with girl bears. "Beat that, stupid rabbit."

So the rabbit goes, "For my third wish, I want that bear to be gay." He jumps on his motorcycle and rides off.

J

JCM

To be fair, unlike the past three forums, some of the more arguementative/thread lock-causing forumites claim some martial art mastery, so it would be like a halforum fight club.

Back on the moon landing, I actually know a student who believes we have never been to soace and its all propaganda,

Status
Not open for further replies.