Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Apparently one of our neighbors are getting something in their house steam cleaned at 9:30 at night, as there is a Stanley Steamer truck outside and a very annoying noise. I'm wondering if there's dead bodies involved. :p

Apparently one of our neighbors are getting something in their house steam cleaned at 9:30 at night, as there is a Stanley Steamer truck outside and a very annoying noise. I'm wondering if there's dead bodies involved. :p
I hope not. Steaming dead bodies would only make it worse.

GasBandit

Staff member
The TV in my doctor's office is set to stretch and letterbox. The aspect ratio of the content it is trying to display is obviously 4:3. It's driving me nuts. I would fix it, but there is actually a sign on the TV asking people not to touch it.

The TV in my doctor's office is set to stretch and letterbox. The aspect ratio of the content it is trying to display is obviously 4:3. It's driving me nuts. I would fix it, but there is actually a sign on the TV asking people not to touch it.
I wonder if that's some sort of bizarre behavioral study.

I fixed the toilet at my pediatricians’s office. “Sorry I took so long,” I said. “I was fixing your toilet.”
“Oh, we were having someone in to look at it later today.”
Come on now. One of the chain links broke. I just rejoined it and pinched it shut again. How hard was that?

—Patrick

I fixed the toilet at my pediatricians’s office. “Sorry I took so long,” I said. “I was fixing your toilet.”
“Oh, we were having someone in to look at it later today.”
Come on now. One of the chain links broke. I just rejoined it and pinched it shut again. How hard was that?

—Patrick
I'm confused. What took so long?[DOUBLEPOST=1513363620,1513363570][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait. No!

Please do not answer that!

fade

Staff member
Once, my brother and I bought a badminton set and some extra birdies. The birdies wouldn't scan, so the teenage girl had to call for a price check over the PA. She refused to say "shuttlecock". Instead, she kept pronouncing it "shuttlecoke", which was infinitely more hilarious.

I love/hate this time of year.
"Love" because the holidays remind me of a long-gone time when I use to feel like magic and hope was real.
"Hate" because I realize how alone I am, yet I hate people in general with a passion.

I finished all my Christmas shopping for December gifts (some friends and I have a Christmas in January dinner every year that I'll worry about a bit later) and I finished both turtles drawings and I'm actually happy with them. They have so much fixative on them that I had to put them in another room they stunk so bad, but they're ready. The Christmas parcels are packed and ready for mailing. The Christmas balls that I'm painting all have their base coats and are ready for their details now. The one easy thing I had to do was to edit one picture of Peggy's Cove in the snow and I fell asleep. And not for a few hours, but nearly the whole school day. The kids will be here soon and that will be chaos for a few hours.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, I completely forgot this would be a thing.

Sorry.

—Patrick
It's been a source of distress for me, actually. I've probably had my last sonic triple-chocolate blast, I won't be able to get all the different things I want at the chinese buffet any more, and booze (especially beer, which I really enjoy but don't talk about much) is pretty much off the table TFN.

:(

But it's gonna be worth it, I keep telling myself.

Reactions: Dei
I could mail out the wine I'll never drink?

I'll be on these meds for life.

In other news, the photo for my uncle is edited and uploaded to the printing place. I had to yell at my kids to leave me alone though :(

I can't edit photos with their DS in my face while they scream at me.

It's been a source of distress for me, actually. I've probably had my last sonic triple-chocolate blast, I won't be able to get all the different things I want at the chinese buffet any more, and booze (especially beer, which I really enjoy but don't talk about much) is pretty much off the table TFN.

:(

But it's gonna be worth it, I keep telling myself.
Aren’t you going to eventually be able to indulge in these things again in the future, you just wouldn’t physically be able to do so to the same degree?

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Aren’t you going to eventually be able to indulge in these things again in the future, you just wouldn’t physically be able to do so to the same degree?

—Patrick
Extremely infrequently, if ever.

Basically, my stomach will only hold about 3 or so bites of food. So I have to make those count - especially for things like protein and fiber. I'll be taking multivitamins every day, too, because it will be physically impossible for me to get enough food in me to get all the nutrients I need the old fashioned way.

I mean, technically, I could order a blast, take 3 bites, get full, then throw the rest away... and then wonder why I feel like utter shit the rest of the day because basically I had that and nothing else to eat. But getting in the habit of that is a good way to end up back in the hospital, I've been told.