Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Welp, she started seeing someone. So it WAS a case of "It's not that I don't want to date. I just don't want to date YOU."

I give up. I give up trying. I give up pursuing. I'll be single forever and die alone.
That's what I used to think. I stopped trying, and then one day without even looking for it, I met the most beautiful woman in the world that for some reason liked me too.

That's what I used to think. I stopped trying, and then one day without even looking for it, I met the most beautiful woman in the world that for some reason liked me too.
A nice sentiment. I've heard it a few times from friends. But I'm almost 40, living with my parents, a failed writer, and don't have a career. I'm the epitome of pathetic. Let's just accept there's nothing for me.

A nice sentiment. I've heard it a few times from friends. But I'm almost 40, living with my parents, a failed writer, and don't have a career. I'm the epitome of pathetic. Let's just accept there's nothing for me.
Being alone isn't so bad. I used to like it. In fact, my wife is the only person I like to be. Right now, part of me wish that I've never fell in love. I worry for her so much. I can't function right now.

Being alone isn't so bad. I used to like it. In fact, my wife is the only person I like to be. Right now, part of me wish that I've never fell in love. I worry for her so much. I can't function right now.
I'm sorry. :( My problems feel petty by comparison.

Welp, she started seeing someone. So it WAS a case of "It's not that I don't want to date. I just don't want to date YOU."

I give up. I give up trying. I give up pursuing. I'll be single forever and die alone.
I'm so sorry to see this. I had thought things went super well for you two!![DOUBLEPOST=1507164904,1507164395][/DOUBLEPOST]I went to Cross Country and another extracurricular activity tonight that involved way more walking than I had imagined (or I would never have volunteered) and I'm just getting home now after being out eight hours!!!

Eight hours with a crazy amount of walking. Thank god I have nothing planned for tomorrow other than rest.

Every once and I while I think I'm doing ok and that maybe I'm close to recovering and then boom! I realize that no...I can't walk anywhere near as much as even the most out of shape well person. It's sad.

I feel like a complete heel. I interviewed for a promotion last week. Then over the weekend my supervisor's mother passed. It may be another two weeks before I find out if I got the job. Also the director of my division is quitting in two weeks. So this can complicate when this or the next director makes the decision on who gets this position.

It is bad enough that I earned the position back in January, but the governor put a hiring freeze in place before the job was offered to me.

Best Buy screwed up by new iPad twice. The first time was when they botched the screen protector. I could have done a better job and I have severe nerve damage in one arm. The life time warranty only works if they install it though.

I had to go back and get it fixed. I finally transfer everything over and go to put it in the case and it doesn't fit. Dude promised it would fit. I got the case for $0.01 (I negotiated $70 off the screen protector and installation service because it's a total rip off anyways and pretty much got the case for almost free as well for the same reason. I feel that if I'm spending what an iPad costs that they should be throwing in the rest) but I still expect it to fit. So I had to go back again today. This is now three trips to buy an iPad. I was a brat and told them that because I was on trip three that I would be picking any case and they would be giving it to me on a complimentary basis. They had no pink ones in the size I needed, so I picked a really expensive one.

It fits, but I'm still really cranky that I had to make three trips to buy one iPad. That seems excessive.

I JUST finished dealing with a computer that came from Best Buy. They had remounted the bottom incorrectly, left a bunch of screws sticking out. Further inspection showed they'd actually put the screws into the wrong holes, meaning the lengths were all wrong and that was why they were sticking out. :facepalm:

--Patrick

Fuck, I let my house get into a sorry state. Girlfriend is due in a couple of hours, having people over tomorrow for Thanksgiving etc. Spent the last 3 hours cleaning. Blech.

Dropped my girlfriend off at the airport this morning (flight at 6, so leave home at 2am...blegh). She's off for a week in Morocco with her work. And good for her. She went to Croatia, Ibiza and Portugal the two previous years, and while they were great experiences and lots of fun, not exactly all vacation all the time. She works with people with mental issues, and it gets heavy taking care of a group of them 24/7, even in a nice location. I hope she has fun.

Anyway, I dropped her off, and I've been completely depressed ever since. I don't mean "slight dip", I mean, "four hours of lying on the couch doing absolutely nothing thinking about how useless I am and my life is". Returning to work after two weeks' holiday was a huge effort, helped along by drugs and my gf supporting me and taking care of me. Now, the next week, I'm all alone and I have no sense of purpose or reason to get up at all. My work is just a depressing combination of a dipshit bully for a boss, unfulfilling work, and, for me, too much freedom leaving me aimless. My social life is my gf dragging me to here and there to keep me in contact, even with my own friends. My home life is crashing on the couch and doing nothing. When my gf's around I can pull myself up to do the bare minimum - you know, empty the dishwasher or some small thing like that - but now I can't even bring myself to put on clothes despite being cold. Why bother.
I was finally somewhat "clear" of my years long depression, but now I see it's really just a veneer of keeping busy and having someone else do all the keeping busy and pushing me forward to...live, but with her gone I just instantly relapse into a ball of self-pity and negative thought. The thought "hey, I could just drive into that pillar over there and no-one would know or care that I'm gone for at least a week" went through my head returning from the airport, and, okay, I've gotten to the point where I know it's just the depression talking but that doesn't actually help all that much. I still feel worthless and useless, despite telling myself that's an exaggeration. Knowing my boss is a hypocrite jackass with a superiority complex doesn't mean his constant jabs and calls into question of my mental capabilities, my judgment, etc don't strike true.
I just feel like I need to get out of this job, place, house, life, everything, but there's no way in hell that I can accomplish that.
My life objectively doesn't suck all that bad, I don't have it all that bad, I'm just too weak to deal with regular normal old life stuff. Which is...not worse I guess, I definitely wouldn't want to trade with some of the people here as for what they have to deal with, but...More of a personal failure? I see @Cog struggling with one horrible life altering disaster after another, and of course it's hard, but that's to be accepted - everyone would struggle and most, myself included, couldn't begin to hope to cope. I can't even deal with some small time issues everyone faces on a daily basis. I have no idea how I'm supposed to "get on" with things.

Good news - I find a nice trailer for sale, definitely in our price range, in what looks like a decent all-ages facility in Mesa. A little bit of an older model, yes, but it looks decent inside.

Bad news: it took me a while to figure out exactly why it was priced so low, besides that it was older and was a single-wide. It is right next to the Loop 202. I mean, less than 100 yards from the 202.

fade

Staff member
91 degrees in my office and it's supposed to break the record high today in Houston.

The building claims electrical problems, but my theory is that since it's a federal holiday, they assumed no one was coming in today. This is your typical chiller based system, so it will take all day to come to temperature.

91 degrees in my office and it's supposed to break the record high today in Houston.

The building claims electrical problems, but my theory is that since it's a federal holiday, they assumed no one was coming in today. This is your typical chiller based system, so it will take all day to come to temperature.
Those are typically more efficient to remain at temperature....

Some one just hates you I think.

Good news - I find a nice trailer for sale, definitely in our price range, in what looks like a decent all-ages facility in Mesa. A little bit of an older model, yes, but it looks decent inside.

Bad news: it took me a while to figure out exactly why it was priced so low, besides that it was older and was a single-wide. It is right next to the Loop 202. I mean, less than 100 yards from the 202.
Will they let you build a wall? Plant a hedge? Both?

--Patrick

Will they let you build a wall? Plant a hedge? Both?

--Patrick
There's a wall separating the park from the drainage path that runs along the 202... it's kinda complicated.

If you know anything about how AZDOT builds freeways, it's basically where they build the roadbed into a huge ditch. The drainage "path" is essentially a concrete ditch that runs along the edge of the fence - but is higher than the roadbed.

Oh, and right where the trailer is located is about even with where the northbound off-ramp for the nearest major intersection is located. So I'm betting a lot of sounds of trucks and other vehicles decelerating onto the ramp.

I haven't even inquired about the place yet. I do wish I had someone on the ground there in Mesa who could do some recon for me, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
Agh. The General Manager held up the Traffic Director from finishing her work because he "needed to get something on for tomorrow" which took him until 4pm to do, but she had to leave at 3:30 to take her boyfriend to the doctor again because his brain is messing up again.

I feel really bad for her, and I'm also kinda ticked at the GM for making it so that I basically get to do all her work for the afternoon.