Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

That's why I'm so happy with my new employer. When they ask for entry-level, they mean it--they care more about showing that you know your stuff (or can learn at a good pace), and delivering once hired (after all, right-to-work means that firing you is trivial).

The exact reason Nate can't get a job in his field. Because the hours and years he spent learning electrical engineering means nothing apparently.
This is what's happened to Aussie. He's got 20 years of experience as an electronics tech. He has a electrician journeyman's license through the Dept of Labor. Yet he doesn't have what employers are looking for.

BTW anyone want to to feed my kids this month because we literally have no more money.

99% of the websites that purport to have instructions on how to reset a Brother HL-3070CW color laser printer's drum count are downright wrong.

(no, you do not hit "machine info"->"parts life"->"drum". Not even close. You open the cover and hit "go" and "+" at the same time)

It's been at least 4 years since I've done this, so while I remember this same particular frustration of finding the wrong information over and over, I didn't remember the actual details on how it was done until I found a website with the right information. Heh

45 more minutes of my third consecutive "mandatory OT" shift. Fuck Orange Crush (spring break "event"), fuck drunk people, fuck drunks, fuck manlets with guns who don't know how to fight it out any more...

OC want nap nao.

Edit: And now ALL the people are turning up bloody... gunshot victim, and an apparent professional alcoholic who lost a fight with gravity, giving himself a split scalp and making a rookie VERY nervous that he had lost half his skull.

If modern magazine covers are any indication, you want to blow out everything HDR-style and make their skin as ruddy as possible.
Please don't do that.

--Patrick

I'll try :)

We were split into groups and my group worked with natural light only. My group was awesome. None of us were portrait photographers so we helped each other out. The instructor said that in each group people got to be the photographer for 15 minutes with the rest of the group being assistants. We shared our time and helped each other out so we all got to shoot with each model for a full hour.

I found the profile of an old online friend on Facebook. I haven't spoken to her in about a decade. We used to be very close, but stopped talking when she left the MUD we both played. She sort of dropped off the face of the Earth, with her e-mail address going inactive and her no longer logging into her MSN and AIM accounts. I tried looking for her on Facebook a few times, but never got anywhere. Then, by chance, I managed to find a ren faire group she participates in, which listed her as one of the members. She uses a mildly edited version of her name on Facebook, which is why I couldn't find her before.

I sent her a message and a friend request. Facebook shows that my message has been "seen", but she hasn't accepted my request, nor has she replied. It's been three weeks since I sent the request.

I miss her and I wish she'd reply. I can't really think of any reason why she wouldn't. :(

Could be. There wouldn't be any possibility of romantic links between us, but I suppose it's possible that this would be a consideration.

Still miss her though. :(
I'd say if a girl vanishes off your social radar, deactivates her old ways of contacting you, and alters her Facebook profile, all without telling you, you should probably just assume she doesn't want to talk to you and leave it at that.

Reactions: Dei
Some people use misspellings and alterations of their names to hide from students and co-worker searches, too (and I guess potential employer searches). I have friends that actually have two FB profiles, one for professional stuff with their real name, and one for other fun stuff with an altered name.

e: One or two also maintain a real-name and cosplay name FB profile, too.

Yep...Or one to hide stuff from family. Quite a few people I know who haven't outed themselves or have conservative family members have a very clean profile on their real name and a regular one under a slightly changed name.

GasBandit

Staff member
My brother does that, too... he usually goes by his middle name day-to-day, so his "wooo party" facebook page is under that, whereas his firstname-lastname facebook page is carefully sanitized for the benefit of employers et cetera.

My facebook is pretty squeaky clean. Which sucks sometimes when some of my wilder friends post inappropriate stuff, I can not snark along.

I also had to kindly ask (damn near threaten) a friend to take down a picture of me completely shit-faced with three women sitting on my lap. I was up for a job with a serious security background check at the time.

My life is boring. My Facebook is all pictures of my kids, with the occasional random complaint about something inane.

Mine is pretty much all my photography/art attempts mixed with some kids and cats.

I only have a handful of former colleagues and one current coworker. I really don't think that work and Facebook should mix.

I've watched that show a million times now.

I could quote a lot of it pretty easily.

BUT I NEVER NOTICED THE BALLS

OH GOD

e: UH KUH KUH KUH YEAAAAAAAAAAH