Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

doomdragon6

Staff member
Between my own thinking and advice from everyone, the current decision regarding my ex is "Leave it alone for now." Seems best I guess, but it's a little scary. I just hate the idea of her getting closer to someone as time goes on.. I dunno. Anyway, from what I've heard she treats her new bf like a servant/slave, but he's insanely eager to please and does every little thing she says.

So at least I'm not a doormat right now.

I'm probably going to start freaking out again before too long, but whatever.

Just got told I'm taking a sudden, surprise business trip on Monday. Senior management has evidently known about for at least a week. Gotta get up at 5am, and be home by 11pm. By my reckoning, that's a 18 hour work day.

Thanks for the warning guys

Have to go to the dentist to get a chipped tooth fixed today. Anxiety already rising even though it's going to be a quick appointment.

But I've already asked you "why the tin whistle" and "will there ever be a new cd" twice :( What do we need an AMA for you for? :p
To ask him about his sexual preferences?
No, he's already told us that, too.
Where he lives?
What he drinks?
Huh. Yeah Tin, what would we do in your AMA thread?

Whinging time!
I've been sick for 3 weeks. I've had no voice for 2, which given my source of income is a farily serious issue, especially at this time of year.
I hurt, I'm constantly sweaty and either too hot or too cold or both!, I can't talk, I can't do my job, I can't focus. I've done the doctor thing, I've done the antibiotic thing, I've done the rest thing, I've done the hot liquids thing.
And it's not getting better.

And there's a family funeral early next week on the other side of the coutry that I really should attend.

TMI
And this time of year there a whole bunch of stuff at work about miraculous pregnancies and such, and there have been months of infertility issues somewhat closer to home, so there's a whole bunch of mental health stress crap going on too. Yay!

Hawaii, we've had our ups and downs especially when it comes to bugs. I've adapted, so I thought we were all good. Now I have ants in my Keurig. Why, Hawaii? Why do you hate me?

Dreading this weekend. Nephew's first birthday, which I thought was going to be a smaller thing, until my sister invited everyone she's ever met. Glad I'm leaving for home at the crack of dawn on Sunday. I wish Dream's presence was a positive, but I'm pretty sure she's going to be miserable the whole time, yet won't stay home, so yay.

We switched to a new dentist when we moved, and she does oral appliances (retainers, braces, etc) and has a focus on breathing well. So as part of normal patient intake she asks questions designed to figure out if one should be tested for sleep apnea, and I triggered enough of them that she suggested a sleep study. After a lot of effort (my primary doctor is a dink, and I should find a new one), I finally did an at home sleep study Wednesday night.

It was a terrible night's worth of sleep. The diagnostic device is a little longer than a pack of cards, straps around your chest like a heart rate monitor, attaches one cord to your finger for pulse and oxygen saturation, and uses a nasal canula (tube around neck and ears with open end pointing into nostril - you see these on people who need oxygen). So it's able to measure the pressure of your exhales through your nose, your pulse, blood oxygen level, and breathing movements using the chest strap.

I woke up so many times due to these pieces and parts, and I was often very disoriented, at one point believing that this was the second night and I didn't need to wear it, trying to remove the pulse oxygen sensor before regaining my situation awareness. I worried the test wouldn't be valid because I was waking up so frequently and so uncomfortable.

At any rate, I wouldn't voluntarily choose to do this again, and I can't imagine how bad I'd sleep with a comprehensive sleep study. At least I was able to do this at home.

The results came back this morning, though, and I figured that due to my sleeplessness, even if they were valid, I wouldn't have shown much evidence of apnea because I doubt I entered deep sleep very much. Sleep apnea testing counts the number of times an hour that you stop breathing for more than 10 seconds. Under 5 times per hour is typically diagnosed as not having sleep apnea. 5-14 is mild, 15-29 is moderate, and 30+ is severe. That's when you're breathing stops every other minute for 10 seconds or more.

I fall in the mild category, at 8 events per hour average. What is troubling, though, is that my oxygen dropped to as low as 56% during the night. This would actually explain the disorientation I experienced.

At any rate, I'm going to get the test data and get a second opinion before I act on it. Given how uncomfortable that minor stuff was to deal with, I can't imagine sleeping with a cpap. My dentist indicates a mouth appliance may be all that's needed, but if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, so I'll check with my regular dink of a doctor and see what other options there are.

We switched to a new dentist when we moved, and she does oral appliances (retainers, braces, etc) and has a focus on breathing well. So as part of normal patient intake she asks questions designed to figure out if one should be tested for sleep apnea, and I triggered enough of them that she suggested a sleep study. After a lot of effort (my primary doctor is a dink, and I should find a new one), I finally did an at home sleep study Wednesday night.

It was a terrible night's worth of sleep. The diagnostic device is a little longer than a pack of cards, straps around your chest like a heart rate monitor, attaches one cord to your finger for pulse and oxygen saturation, and uses a nasal canula (tube around neck and ears with open end pointing into nostril - you see these on people who need oxygen). So it's able to measure the pressure of your exhales through your nose, your pulse, blood oxygen level, and breathing movements using the chest strap.

I woke up so many times due to these pieces and parts, and I was often very disoriented, at one point believing that this was the second night and I didn't need to wear it, trying to remove the pulse oxygen sensor before regaining my situation awareness. I worried the test wouldn't be valid because I was waking up so frequently and so uncomfortable.

At any rate, I wouldn't voluntarily choose to do this again, and I can't imagine how bad I'd sleep with a comprehensive sleep study. At least I was able to do this at home.

The results came back this morning, though, and I figured that due to my sleeplessness, even if they were valid, I wouldn't have shown much evidence of apnea because I doubt I entered deep sleep very much. Sleep apnea testing counts the number of times an hour that you stop breathing for more than 10 seconds. Under 5 times per hour is typically diagnosed as not having sleep apnea. 5-14 is mild, 15-29 is moderate, and 30+ is severe. That's when you're breathing stops every other minute for 10 seconds or more.

I fall in the mild category, at 8 events per hour average. What is troubling, though, is that my oxygen dropped to as low as 56% during the night. This would actually explain the disorientation I experienced.

At any rate, I'm going to get the test data and get a second opinion before I act on it. Given how uncomfortable that minor stuff was to deal with, I can't imagine sleeping with a cpap. My dentist indicates a mouth appliance may be all that's needed, but if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail, so I'll check with my regular dink of a doctor and see what other options there are.
My wife went through that same test last spring. The home test was horribly uncomfortable, but the cpap she got (she was in the moderate range) is very quiet, and the mask she uses covers just her nose (with a flexible tube that makes her look only slightly like Gonzo). She now sleeps about a bajillion times better than she used to - almost to the point that she doesn't need her Ambien or her Adderall anymore, but not quite.

Woke up at 6am, started getting a migraine around 9. Went back to sleep for three hours. Still have a migraine. Daughter has a choir performance tonight at a town Winterfest. Pretty sure that is not going to help my headache. [emoji24]

Can you guys stop making AMA threads, so I can make one in a couple weeks and not feel like such a bandwagoning loser? ;)
:ninja:[DOUBLEPOST=1449868929,1449868442][/DOUBLEPOST]I did a sleep study last spring. It went fine. I use a nose-only CPAP, and I sleep much better than I did. No snoring. I am more rested than I was before the machine. I still wake up a bunch in the night. Fitbit states ~11x a night.

The neighborhood mailbox in front of our house was broken into this afternoon. Hopefully nothing a huge importance was taken. Fucking assholes.

The neighborhood mailbox in front of our house was broken into this afternoon. Hopefully nothing a huge importance was taken. Fucking assholes.
Better news:
My sister told me that the mailboxes were broken into LAST night because there was a cop making a report next to it with the door already busted open when she got home. She's been gone all day today, so she just now told us this. We always check our mail right after the mail lady usually drops it off, which means that we don't have to worry about any of our mail being taken. Calms my nerves about possible identity theft.

fade

Staff member
The package thieves in our neighborhood are using kids. One of my neighbors caught one on her porch and this 10-11 year old was terrified and ran ... to the waiting car where the asshole adult who put him up to it was waiting.

The package thieves in our neighborhood are using kids. One of my neighbors caught one on her porch and this 10-11 year old was terrified and ran ... to the waiting car where the asshole adult who put him up to it was waiting.
Hope they got the license plate.

That is pretty fucking low.

I expect people these days believe that it is no longer possible to get ahead in life through cooperative means, and so must resort to methods which hijack the success(es) of others.

--Patrick

I expect people these days believe that it is no longer possible to get ahead in life through cooperative means, and so must resort to methods which hijack the success(es) of others.

--Patrick
Stealing unattended goods is not a new thing, and neither is using children as agents for petty theft (I think Charles Dickens wrote some lovely fiction on this subject). I wouldn't say that the problem of theft is worse now than it has been over the past few centuries.