Whats for Dinner?

Homemade breakfast sandwiches and hash brown patties.

Sandwiches are two eggs scrambled, turkey sausage patty and a slice of American cheese.

M

makare

Not sure how to explain it. It is just American Cheese. I prefer the white american (cheese racism yo).

S

SeraRelm

I made some breaded salmon last night with lima beans. Tonight is grilled chicken over seasoned rice. Not sure what to make for tomorrow though.

I want pancakes....just fucking drenched in syrup with a huge glass of milk.

And bacon.

Just slabs of syrup soaked bacon.

Finally gave in and made my wife something she's been begging for for the past two or three years - home made ravioli. I love making fresh pasta and I have a pasta roller, I just usually don't have the patience to actually make ravioli. But when we went to the store I looked at the eggs and all I could see was sheet upon sheet of fresh pasta, so I knew I was doomed. Turned out really good. Stuffed them with a beef and three cheese mixture and topped them with a really herbaceous tomato sauce.

Tonight we're having Cuban-ish sandwiches from the 16 lbs of pork shoulder I roasted and shredded on Sunday, along with ham and smoked turkey, and some roasted tomatillo and pepper sauce. It was supposed to be dinner Sunday, but the pork took too long to roast/got started too late. Tomorrow I imagine we'll have the leftover ravioli filling and sauce served up with some more fresh pasta sheets as a lasagna. And then, since I have 16 lbs (minus whatever was fat or excess moisture and cooked out) of pork that isn't necessarily "Mexican" flavored, I think I'll throw some of it in a bbq-ish sauce and make steamed bao.

S

SeraRelm

ok, do beans and franks count as effort if I cooked them from scratch? (dried beans, my own mix of seasonings/sauces/etc) and used good franks? (not Franks)

Sure, why not? I'd love homemade beans and franks; if only I could use white beans to finally use up the massive jar of dried white beans I have in the pantry. The purist in me would also like homemade franks, but the realist in me would rather not put up with having to a) buy even more pork shoulder or fatty beef and b) stuff the casings, and have so many leftovers to deal with.

Tonight is homemade Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream sauce, using leftover garlic chicken and lemon chicken roasted in a pit yesterday.

I've been doing this thing for breakfast lately where I make two eggs over easy with salt, fold a piece of havarti between them, and then put some table syrup over the whole thing. It's really fucking good and has like 3 flavours and 4 textures.

That sounds awful to me, but it's probably pretty tasty.

I am having chicken wings and as many gallons of beer I can fit inside my body.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Sliced mozzarella and tomato with a sprinkling of olive oil. Pretty nice, even though I think it needs a bit of seasoning.

Decided to try that after having a delicious po' boy with buffalo mozzarella and tomato last week.

I am making a "roast" chicken in the slow-cooker. First time I've tried it, so I hope it turns out...well...cooked. I need the oven to bake a cake and cupcakes for a party tomorrow.

OOoh, I LOVE slow-cookers! Especially since I'm a lazy cook.

Tonights menu: steamed veggies with teriyaki sauce. Which is my new favorite go to snack as well.

Cajungal

Staff member
Potato curry with home grown peppers and green beans! Smells so good... The apartment is gonna be all turmeric-y for days.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339881646.924586.jpg

I was going to make pancakes again since we have declared this pajama day after spending most of the afternoon in the park with friends. However, I just realized I am almost out of pancake mix. If I knew it about an hour ago I could have stopped at the store on the way home to get more, but it's almost my daughter's nap time and my neighbors are on vacation. Last time I made pancakes completely from scratch they were terrible. So I may need to drop back and punt on this one.

Cajungal

Staff member
Did you mix them for more than a few seconds? That makes for lousy homemade pancakes. You make sure all the mix is wet, then you let it sit a bit, then pour.