Whats for Dinner?

Look, I know in your day, the only way to find out if a mushroom was safe to eat is if Og or Grog keeled over and died after trying it. But these days, mushroom cultivation is safe, with a wide variety of known edible species. Don't be a hater ;)

Dave

Staff member
I want to know what's for damned breakfast. Everyone is still asleep and I can't make any noise to make anything!

I made a grilled/roasted whole chicken that turned out so good that my wife and I stood in the kitchen and ate half of it. It was supposed to be for a meal this week though. But hot damn was it good.

I followed this cooking method

Except I brined it overnight in the refrigerator. The brine was approx. 1/2 c of sugar and same amount of salt + 1/8 cup of soy sauce + 6-8 cups of water + about 1 T of herbs de provence.

I drained and dried and followed that video. Best chicken I have ever made.

I was worried it would be over brined but it was great. I did drain the brine around 10 am and left it in the fridge until 4:30. So that probably helped.

Dave

Staff member
I've used this recipe to make cheater Red Lobster biscuits, and they turned out perfect
Fun fact, the 72nd Street Red Lobster in Omaha was the test kitchen for the biscuits. I was one of the first people in the world to eat one of those things and I *WAS* the first person to make a batch. Well, outside the R&D area at least. I think I was like the second or third to actually eat them and I ate a LOT of them.

Fun fact, the 72nd Street Red Lobster in Omaha was the test kitchen for the biscuits. I was one of the first people in the world to eat one of those things and I *WAS* the first person to make a batch. Well, outside the R&D area at least. I think I was like the second or third to actually eat them and I ate a LOT of them.
You made the world a better place.

We have no oven. No problem, we'll make bread in our wok.

68768.jpg
68774.jpg
68775.jpg
68788.jpg
68789.jpg

It turned out slightly burnt because I had the flame on too high, but otherwise I think this was a good first attempt at making bread in a wok. We had it for dinner with a tuna and tomato and baby corn stew, which was originally meant to be a tuna and tomato and baby corn pasta, but well we had a starch already so I skipped the penne.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been trying to find a pancake recipe I like that doesn't make a huge amount. The recipe I tried yesterday was a failure, the the batter was way too thick. I did find a tasty way to cook up the leftovers, though. I sandwiched cream cheese and cooked sausage between two pancakes, wrapped in foil and warmed in the oven for ~20 minutes, then put a fried egg and hot sauce on top. I will definitely be doing this again, and I'll take pictures next time.