Export thread

What the hell, all the cool kids are doing it these days... ask me anything.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I do, however, reserve the right to refuse to answer certain questions!

Shakey

Shakey

What does my finger smell like?

GasBandit

GasBandit

What does my finger smell like?
Like you need to wash your hands!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

A super hot redhead in high heels walks up to you and asks if she can count on your support for Hillary Clinton. What do you do?

Dei

Dei

I can just do this on vent the next time you get drunk. Pfffft.

GasBandit

GasBandit

A super hot redhead in high heels walks up to you and asks if she can count on your support for Hillary Clinton. What do you do?
"It's very nice to meet you, Mrs. Kucinich."

I can just do this on vent the next time you get drunk. Pfffft.
Yeah but not everybody has your "privileges."

Cajungal

Cajungal

Are there any books you read over and over again?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Are there any books you read over and over again?
The hitchhiker's trilogy, obviously, the works of Raymond Feist set in Midkemia (Kelewan is dumb and lame), the Kingkiller chronicle, to name a few... but really, I've barely touched a book since Pauline died.

Dei

Dei

Kingkiller chronicle
More red heads.

GasBandit

GasBandit

More red heads.
... and?

Dei

Dei

Can't I just make random comments while sitting in an elementary school parking lot?!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Can't I just make random comments while sitting in an elementary school parking lot?!
Well, don't end up on some federal list with a restraining order or anything, but apart from that, go nuts, I suppose.

Dei

Dei

Seriously need some kind of eye roll rating.

Wait no.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Seriously need some kind of eye roll rating.

Wait no.

I mean, seriously, you've got a billion emojis on that phone you're using, in tapatalk.

Dei

Dei

None of them are sufficient.

GasBandit

GasBandit

None of them are sufficient.
[emoji117] [emoji108]
[emoji100]
[emoji90]

[emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji15] [emoji7] [emoji13] [emoji43] [emoji42]

[emoji48]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Dei

Dei

Nope, they just aren't the right one. I'm picky and high maintenance.

[emoji107]

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nope, they just aren't the right one. I'm picky and high maintenance.

[emoji107]
:rolleyes:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Which of your co-workers if they were removed from work would actually improve your work?

How many donuts have you eaten today?

Are you aware that redheads in yogi pants outnumber all other yogi pants wearers in my neighbourhood by 2:1?

If you took a vacation to Ireland would you come back?

Was Dave really drinking lemonade?

Fuck/Marry/Kill: Jessica Simpson/Kathy Bates/Wicket

What board games do you play?

What's your golf handicap?

Do you smoke?

How much bacon have you eaten in the last month?

Where are you tennis shoes?

When was the 2nd amendment written?

What is the biggest secret in radio?

Are DJ's really really ugly in general?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Which of your co-workers if they were removed from work would actually improve your work?
Most of the sales force... our GM has a tendency to hire pretty but incompetent people to be in sales. Apart from that, we're actually shortstaffed - we need MORE people, not less.

How many donuts have you eaten today?
Zero! But I did eat an XL Kitkat bar, so I'm not being virtuous.

Are you aware that redheads in yogi pants outnumber all other yogi pants wearers in my neighbourhood by 2:1?
Is there a house for sale in your neighborhood?

If you took a vacation to Ireland would you come back?
Only if they made me.

Was Dave really drinking lemonade?
What Dave says is the truth.

Fuck/Marry/Kill: Jessica Simpson/Kathy Bates/Wicket
I don't think that's how that game is supposed to work.

What board games do you play?
Not so many any more. I like Cards Against Humanity. My family has a long relationship with Monopoly (my uncle Steve was New Mexico State Champion). When I was younger I liked Heroquest, Shogun, Risk, Diplomacy, Titan, Clue and Stratego. Also Othello, Pente, chinese checkers, and I dabbled in chess a little bit but was too ADD to do the contingency planning required to get good at it. I really like Omaha hold'em, but generally I don't win much at that, either.

What's your golf handicap?
I haven't played golf since college, and even then I was abysmal.

Do you smoke?
Tobacco? No. I did a little when I was young and foolish, but only when I was out drinking with the fellas. Marijuana? No. I tried it once. ONCE. Had a really bad experience. Felt my brain dying, like when you hold your breath underwater for too long and can't quite make it to the surface in time... but for 20 minutes straight. Then my friend threw me down a flight of stairs to land in front of a cop.

How much bacon have you eaten in the last month?
At least 48 strips.

Where are you tennis shoes?
On my living room floor.

When was the 2nd amendment written?
Uuhhhhhh... 1789, I think? Took a couple years to get it ratified, though.

What is the biggest secret in radio?
Everything is fake and it's all bullshit. It's all a massive, whirling bullshit engine powered by lies and falsehoods. Ratings, revenue, advertising, personality, it's all theatrics, fabrication, and creativity.

Are DJ's really really ugly in general?
The guys are, usually. Sometimes the female DJs are cute, but I've noticed that physical attractiveness and radio acumen seem to be inversely proportional. Most of the pretty people end up playing some ugly dude's second banana. It's just a fact of life that attractive folks don't have to work as hard to succeed at most things, but you can't see somebody on the radio, and thus their inabilities are laid bare unless they've got someone to carry them.

Dei

Dei

Why are they even called tennis shoes? How many people use them to play tennis?!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What is the Sexingtonest part of your life?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Why are they even called tennis shoes? How many people use them to play tennis?!
Originally called Plimsolls, rubber-soled athletic shoes started a dramatic rise in popularity in the late 19th century at the same time as Tennis, which was invented around 1865. The sport required shoes with excellent gripping power, so plimsolls were naturally suited, and thus they started to be called tennis shoes.

What is the Sexingtonest part of your life?
... I'd have to say, "Posting on halforums." Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Dei

Dei

I seriously never heard them called tennis shoes until I moved to Colorado.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I seriously never heard them called tennis shoes until I moved to Colorado.
Well, given that you're from the northeast...

73. What is your *general* term for the rubber-soled shoes worn in gym class, for athletic activities, etc.?
a. sneakers (45.50%)
b. shoes (1.93%)
c. gymshoes (5.55%)
d. sand shoes (0.03%)
e. jumpers (0.01%)
f. tennis shoes (41.34%)
g. running shoes (1.42%)
h. runners (0.17%)
i. trainers (0.23%)
j. I have no general word for this (0.89%)
k. other (2.95%)
(10722 respondents)

All Results

Choice a: sneakers

Choice b: shoes

Choice c: gymshoes

Choice d: sand shoes

Choice e: jumpers

Choice f: tennis shoes

Choice g: running shoes

Choice h: runners

Choice i: trainers

Choice j: I have no general word for this

Choice k: other
[DOUBLEPOST=1444175728,1444175597][/DOUBLEPOST]Or from a different poll...

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

What should I do about the computer sitting on my desk that won't power up past the disk check?

What should I go get to eat? I'm getting hungry, and kind of tired of this laptop on my lap.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What should I do about the computer sitting on my desk that won't power up past the disk check?
You should start a thread in tech talk because this could be a long conversation. Be sure to note exactly at what point it locks. Does it finish the disk check? Does it beep? Is there a pattern to the beeps? Does it display any error message at all?

What should I go get to eat? I'm getting hungry, and kind of tired of this laptop on my lap.
Italian, or perhaps chinese. I could go for some chicken alfredo myself.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The term "tennis shoes" is an abomination and I will not abide by it. Obviously the exception is if they're specifically meant for tennis.

Anywhom, if you had to choose a different career path, which would it be?

Dei

Dei

Considering we are from the same place @blotsfan, of course you understand this.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Just had to back you up. When I was out in Missouri, I had numerous confused conversations about it. Like with the whole "pop vs soda" thing, I will know what you're talking about if you say either. When someone had to put on tennis shoes to play basketball I had no idea what was happening.

Dei

Dei

Someone once called them "tennies" and I was left even more confused.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Anywhom, if you had to choose a different career path, which would it be?
I kinda "fell in" to this one, I didn't intend to get into radio, I "chose" I.T. and it just worked out this way. My dream job is to sit at my workstation in a dark, cold room full of racks upon racks of blinking lights and never have to talk to anyone so long as the network was functioning properly.

But, assuming both I.T. and radio are off the table, I'd probably go with programming. Maybe be a game designer?

If I have to choose something outside the tech industry, though, which I think is probably most in the spirit of your question, I might have liked to be a pilot. My dad, my step-dad and 2 of my grandfathers were pilots. I've been soaring above this nation of ours since I could barely walk. I've flown and even landed planes, but never quite got around to getting my pilot's license.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Someone once called them "tennies" and I was left even more confused.
That's what they called them where I grew up.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

You should start a thread in tech talk because this could be a long conversation. Be sure to note exactly at what point it locks. Does it finish the disk check? Does it beep? Is there a pattern to the beeps? Does it display any error message at all?

Italian, or perhaps chinese. I could go for some chicken alfredo myself.
It's actually a short conversation, the mother-board is fried. Now just hoping that I'll be able to salvage the memory and HDD.

I had Italian, or at least Italian inspired, never-ending pasta at Olive Garden.

phil

phil

My friends and I are watching horror movies over the course of the month and I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming up soon. Have you seen it? I hear it's pretty scary.

Oh and have you seen The Thing? We saw that last night and I just realized something about it and wanted to ask someone what they thought about it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What anchors you in TX?
The job, obviously. But what else?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

What anchors you in TX?
The job, obviously. But what else?

--Patrick
... nothing else, any more. Just the job. And the fact that my job searches in places I'd want to move haven't borne fruit.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Where would you want to move to?

strawman

strawman

If I want to be carried to the gates of Valhalla by you, what is my weight limit?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Where would you want to move to?
Either Colorado or New Mexico, to be closer to the rest of my family. Honestly, I haven't seen them as much as I'd like in recent years... and my grandfather's starting to get up there and have some serious health problems. He's had to be treated for two different cancers and a stroke in the last 10 years. Truth be told, I didn't move to Texas because I wanted to live in Texas... I came down here when I lost my job at Oracle in the dotcom crash, briefly considering going back to school, but ended up getting a job in radio and now here I am. Over the years I've put out feelers to get something going back in the Rockies, but haven't had any luck.

If I want to be carried to the gates of Valhalla by you, what is my weight limit?
It's been a while since I actually had to physically carry someone, but I'm guessing I can do up to 250 pounds or so piggyback. Maybe more, if you don't care how fast we get there.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Will you eventually become the Sag Bandit?

Have you ever had those Heinz beans?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Will you eventually become the Sag Bandit?
Hell, I already sag in places, but I don't think I'll ever actually call myself that.

Have you ever had those Heinz beans?
Yeah, I mean, really, they're just baked beans. I picked that avatar, obviously, as a fart joke when I was 19, and the Heinz logo/can was more distinctive than Van Camp's or any other well known national food chains' beans.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I see that can at a local Harris Teeter and I am reminded of El Bandito.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I see that can at a local Harris Teeter and I am reminded of El Bandito.
A blast from the past:

Yes, I actually took that picture myself at the local Kroger.

Dei

Dei

It snowed in the mountains last night, don't you wish you lived in Colorado Springs now?! :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

It snowed in the mountains last night, don't you wish you lived in Colorado Springs now?! :p
I miss rafting the Arkansas every summer, I'll tell you that much.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

No. NOOOooo.

That means we're not far behind. :(

I had frost on my car window this morning.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

No. NOOOooo.

That means we're not far behind. :(

I had frost on my car window this morning.
It hit 91f here today.

GasBandit

GasBandit

88 degrees here at this very moment.

Dei

Dei

I'd like to point out that it hit a high of 82 by me. BUT we always just some kind of freak snow before Halloween just to keep us on our toes.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

First morning I had to use the heater in my car on the way to work..whee!

jwhouk

jwhouk

You're not doing it right until you have to use your wipers, your defroster, your heater AND your A/C - all in the same day.

Dei

Dei

Sounds like a Colorado winter. :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, serious question. Just because everybody hates those in these threads, but hey, "anything".

Say you were, for any old reason, going out. You met a woman who seems genuinely interested in you and seems to enjoy herself around you; you, likewise, enjoy talking to her. You share some interests, but not everything; enough to talk and not so much you wouldn't have anything private left. She's a hot redhead who's old enough for it not to be creepy, she's in no way related to you, your work, or whatever, there's nothing physically or practically against going out with her.

Shut her out, string her along while in doubt, go on a date, drink yourself into a stupor, other?

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's starting to cool off here, too. The high is only 89 for today and tomorrow! Times like this, Texas weather ain't so bad.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

If you could cut the U.S. budget for one Dept., which would it be?

Should Supreme Court judges have lifelong appointments?

GasBandit

GasBandit

If you could cut the U.S. budget for one Dept., which would it be?
I wish I could cut the budget for all the departments! 10% across the board just to get things started! But if you're asking me what department/agency I'd *completely* eliminate, it'd be a toss up between the NSA and the TSA - the most egregious abuser of liberty and the most egregious example of an ineffective waste of taxpayer money.

Should Supreme Court judges have lifelong appointments?
I think there should be a retirement age (though with a pension so they're not susceptible to the same lobbyists that legislators are). The lifelong appointment bit is important to avoid corruption - I mean, say what you will about what you think about the beliefs of Scalia or Ginsburg, you sure as shit know that they're acting openly on their conscience, unlike every other branch of government. So we've got to preserve the inability to buy a supreme court judge, but at the same time, it's kinda ridiculous to have nonagenarians making decisions about, say, the internet.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Phew, I read that as NASA instead of NSA, and I was thinking "but...but....boooh!"

Did you deliberately skip my question?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Phew, I read that as NASA instead of NSA, and I was thinking "but...but....boooh!"

Did you deliberately skip my question?
Wow, I honestly didn't see it there, it didn't show up for me last time I was in the thread I think.

So, serious question. Just because everybody hates those in these threads, but hey, "anything".

Say you were, for any old reason, going out. You met a woman who seems genuinely interested in you and seems to enjoy herself around you; you, likewise, enjoy talking to her. You share some interests, but not everything; enough to talk and not so much you wouldn't have anything private left. She's a hot redhead who's old enough for it not to be creepy, she's in no way related to you, your work, or whatever, there's nothing physically or practically against going out with her.

Shut her out, string her along while in doubt, go on a date, drink yourself into a stupor, other?
I don't see why this is a hard question. There don't seem to be any complicating factors, I'm into her, she's into me, she's not married or anything I assume... so it's a clear case for "date." Am I missing something?

I mean, if this is a roundabout way of asking me if I'm over Pauline enough to date again, I guess the answer is "as much so as I'm gonna get, I think."

Bubble181

Bubble181

I mean, if this is a roundabout way of asking me if I'm over Pauline enough to date again, I guess the answer is "as much so as I'm gonna get, I think."
Well, yes.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, yes.
See, the thing is, though, while I might no longer just be in "waiting to die" mode, I've spent the last couple years there, absolutely not taking care of myself and letting everything fall to ruin around me. So there's a lot of work for me to put in before I feel "good enough about me" to start putting myself out there again. And let me tell you, it's a lot harder to climb out of the "fat slob" pit than it was to fall into it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

See, the thing is, though, while I might no longer just be in "waiting to die" mode, I've spent the last couple years there, absolutely not taking care of myself and letting everything fall to ruin around me. So there's a lot of work for me to put in before I feel "good enough about me" to start putting myself out there again. And let me tell you, it's a lot harder to climb out of the "fat slob" pit than it was to fall into it.
There's no mandate that you have to chisel away at the person you've become in order to return to the person you were. You could always reshape yourself in some new way.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

There's no mandate that you have to chisel away at the person you've become in order to return to the person you were. You could always reshape yourself in some new way.

--Patrick
Well, whatever the destination, there's a lot of reshaping to do, or I'll have a heart attack and die under a mountain of dirty laundry and broken furniture.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, whatever the destination, there's a lot of reshaping to do, or I'll have a heart attack and die under a mountain of dirty laundry and broken furniture.
Don't forget to take the unhappy "before" picture.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

a mountain of dirty laundry and broken furniture.

Dei

Dei

This is not a question, but because of your obsession with hairy sausages in everyone else's AMAs, I could think of no better place to link this. This link is not safe for life.

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is not a question, but because of your obsession with hairy sausages in everyone else's AMAs, I could think of no better place to link this. This link is not safe for life.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?

GasBandit

GasBandit

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Teehee!

GasBandit

GasBandit

My friends and I are watching horror movies over the course of the month and I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming up soon. Have you seen it? I hear it's pretty scary.

Oh and have you seen The Thing? We saw that last night and I just realized something about it and wanted to ask someone what they thought about it.
I was just going back over the thread, since it was recently bumped, and I realized I totally missed this one because it was the last one on the page and then Pat started a new page. Anyway...

I have seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It is indeed pretty scary. And gory. It's a classic. They don't make em like that any more.

I have also seen The Thing. The original, not the remake, which I heard wasn't very good. I generally liked The Thing, though I have some nits to pick about it.

evilmike

evilmike

Can you explain your fascination with the Sudetenland?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Can you explain your fascination with the Sudetenland?
We need breathing room!

evilmike

evilmike

Have you considered changing your title to "Always Hitler"?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Have you considered changing your title to "Always Hitler"?
It's supposed to be secret!

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's supposed to be secret!
Better work on subverting that accent, then.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Secretly Always Hitler", then?

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Secretly Always Hitler", then?
You know I'm not a fan of change.

evilmike

evilmike

You know I'm not a fan of change.
That's exactly what Hitler would say.

GasBandit

GasBandit

... wait, this is *my* AMA thread.. whups.

Emrys

Emrys

... wait, this is *my* AMA thread.. whups.
Yer a doofus.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What are your Valentines Day plans?

Celt Z

Celt Z

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it, only to realize that is was a dream and you've woken up with your cat's tail in your mouth?

GasBandit

GasBandit

What are your Valentines Day plans?

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it, only to realize that is was a dream and you've woken up with your cat's tail in your mouth?
Thankfully my cat has yet to deign to put anything at all in my mouth. Though, he does often decide to lick my nose or cheeks to wake me up if he thinks he needs attention (or food). Also he likes to nibble my scalp/hair.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Would you rather have a 10% raise or an extra week of vacation?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Would you rather have a 10% raise or an extra week of vacation?
An extra week of vacation would really come in handy. I'm having to take quite a bit of unpaid time off this year. Kinda sucks that at my old job, I got 4 weeks of vacation a year (since I'd been there 16 years) but rarely got to use more than 1, but now at my new job I get 1 week of paid vacation but as I'm a programmer instead of mission-critical support staff and can take more time off without jeopardizing everything, I could actually use 3 or 4.

But on the other hand, another week would basically amount to a 2-3% raise (depending on overtime) as opposed to a 10% raise... so I guess to really balance such things out, I'd need like... 3 more weeks of vacation to make the bottom line worth more than a 10% raise.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Follow up: what percent of a raise makes you change your answer?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Follow up: what percent of a raise makes you change your answer?
Hah, I just revised immediately.

blotsfan

blotsfan

What prevents you from being a quick enough post editor?

GasBandit

GasBandit

What prevents you from being a quick enough post editor?
I've moved from a job where I had my own office and could post on halforums all day in privacy to a job that usually keeps me busy all day, and even when it doesn't, I'm in an open cubicle where anybody could walk behind me at any time and see me NOT working. And to make matters worse, I'm on a "main thoroughfare" on my floor. I can't even go into the NSFW forums at work any more :(

Dei

Dei

But is that preferable to being in the middle of a dumpster fire? Also, has the radio station become a literal dumpster fire yet?

GasBandit

GasBandit

But is that preferable to being in the middle of a dumpster fire?
Oh most definitely. If I am jonesing TOO badly I can always go to the bathroom and use my phone. Definitely 300% confirmed that bailing and coming here was the right move because...

Also, has the radio station become a literal dumpster fire yet?
Yyyyyep. About a month ago I found out the owner terminated the contract with the engineer, who was the other person besides me holding everything together. I give that place less than a year, now.

General Specific

General Specific

Please explain the origin of the hairy sausage question.

When you get an illness, are you the type to try to ride it out naturally or do you go to the doctor immediately?

Do you believe that Monty Python is the best sketch comedy group of all time or are you wrong?

Can you explain the Banach-Tarski Paradox to a 10-year-old?

Bubble181

Bubble181

How're things going between you and the Queen? Replaced #4 as her favourite henchman yet?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Please explain the origin of the hairy sausage question.
There was a song by The Dead Milkmen called Cousin Earl where a recurring theme is someone asking him the sausage question and then giving him "a look that chills him to this day." A few people have gotten the reference and responded appropriately, in their AMA threads.

When you get an illness, are you the type to try to ride it out naturally or do you go to the doctor immediately?
Depends on the severity. If it's just a cold, I usually don't bother. If it involves pain of level 5/10 or more, I usually would go immediately, or if it's a flu that has lasted more than a couple days, I'll go in.

Do you believe that Monty Python is the best sketch comedy group of all time or are you wrong?
Oh, they are definitely the gold standard to which all other comedy groups aspire.

Can you explain the Banach-Tarski Paradox to a 10-year-old?

How're things going between you and the Queen? Replaced #4 as her favourite henchman yet?
Quite well indeed. I'll spare you the details, but I'm quite pleased at how things are progressing.

Dei

Dei

Quite well indeed. I'll spare you the details, but I'm quite pleased at how things are progressing.
Can I be invited to your wedding? :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

Can I be invited to your wedding? :p
Invite me, or be prepared to have owl shit all over your roof for, like, years and years.

blotsfan

blotsfan

If the ring bearer isn't a weasel, we riot.

drifter

drifter

And hire these guys to do the catering

Attachments

PatrThom

PatrThom

Invite me, or be prepared to have owl shit all over your roof for, like, years and years.
They will just hose it off the tile.

—Patrick

mikerc

mikerc

When was the last time you changed your mind about something & what was it about?

GasBandit

GasBandit

When was the last time you changed your mind about something & what was it about?
Edamame. I like it now. Never would have considered it before.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Edamame. I like it now. Never would have considered it before.
What about snow peas or sugar snap peas?

—Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

How's the health? Have you gotten used to eating small bites and always keepingtabs on your dietary needs? If you had the option to go back in time - would you choose the same path? Would you choose more exercise and less eating instead of surgery? Would you want to go back even efurther and try and convince younger you simply to never get where you got to?
If you could suddenly eat anyting you wanted to, as much as you wanted to, again, without getting sick - would you try and stick to yuor current schedule? Or would you try to stay healthy but not as strict? Or would it probably end up right where you started in 10 years' time?

Are you still managing to keep the Tile Palace cleaner than your bachelor pad was? Or is the Queen's Anger the only reason you can still see the floor? :-P

If you had to move out of Texas - where would you move to? Would you be one of those "Everything is better in Texas" Texans, or would you try to adjust/adapt to your new environment?

GasBandit

GasBandit

What about snow peas or sugar snap peas?

—Patrick
Never really had a problem with those, as long as there was ranch to dip them in :p

How's the health? Have you gotten used to eating small bites and always keepingtabs on your dietary needs? If you had the option to go back in time - would you choose the same path? Would you choose more exercise and less eating instead of surgery? Would you want to go back even efurther and try and convince younger you simply to never get where you got to?
If you could suddenly eat anyting you wanted to, as much as you wanted to, again, without getting sick - would you try and stick to yuor current schedule? Or would you try to stay healthy but not as strict? Or would it probably end up right where you started in 10 years' time?
This surgery is definitely one of the best things I've ever done for myself and I would not undo it. I've kind of hit a plateau at 260, but that's because I haven't been exercising like I should. Really, I don't think I'd have been able to get these kinds of results without the surgery, I was just too into eating too much and all the wrong/bad things. I miss things like bacon and barbecue and sausage, but I definitely don't miss the weight!

Are you still managing to keep the Tile Palace cleaner than your bachelor pad was? Or is the Queen's Anger the only reason you can still see the floor? :-P
I have a Roomba! The place practically cleans itself.

If you had to move out of Texas - where would you move to? Would you be one of those "Everything is better in Texas" Texans, or would you try to adjust/adapt to your new environment?
I think I've said before, but I actually much prefer the climate in New Mexico. When I lived there, I loved being able to walk out barefoot onto my front drive any time of the year pretty much and be comfortable. I like the low humidity - it makes the hot summers and cool winters much more bearable, and the desert and mountains are beautiful. It's just a shame the job market sucks so much there :p