Export thread

What is the funniest webcomic?

Fun Size

Fun Size

I believe that this group is sufficiently experienced to speak to this. I'm not looking for thought provoking. I don't want to reflect on my humanity.

I want the funneh.

So, please commence the debate of the funniest comic, either current or defunct, that the internets have to offer. Is Gunshow really the funniest webcomic? Is Achewood more apt to split sides that Questionable Content? Can Dinosaur Comics beat out The Perry Bible Fellowship? Is Scott Kurtz really a hack?

The Fun Size want to know.

Wahad

Wahad

I don't think there's any one answer, since everyone has differing tastes in humor.

I, however, find myself smiling the most at Bad Machinery/Giant Days and Digger.

Jiarn

Agreed with Wahad, my personal favorite is Manly Guys Doing Manly Things - Updated Mondays

R

Raemon777

Honestly I still think XKCD is the funniest, on top of ALSO being the most thought provoking on a regular basis.

Math242

Math242

OOTS

Gusto

Gusto

Funniest?

From my list I'd say Hark! A Vagrant, Daily Dinosaur Comics, or Penny Arcade.

They're all in my top ten but are the ones I can say most sacrifice continuity for the most consistent humour.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Hark! A Vagrant, Dinosaur Comics, or Nedroid

figmentPez

figmentPez

Don't make me pick a favorite! I love them all!

Jiarn

Hark! A Vagrant is one of the few webcomics that has made me laugh out loud, and hard.

Element 117

QC, Penny Arcade, or XKCD

Fun Size

Fun Size

Hark! A Vagrant is one of the few webcomics that has made me laugh out loud, and hard.
So it makes you hard, and it makes you laugh out loud?

Fascinating...

Jiarn

You.... you're good you. You're good.....

Tress

Tress

Penny Arcade, XKCD, Hark! A Vagrant, and the first few Axe Cop strips.

TheBrew

PVP. Duh. :p

Jiarn

Zappit

Zappit

Anything by KC Green - hands down. Perry Bible was fantastic, too. Kate Beaton's work is pretty silly, too.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

xkcd, Evil, Inc., and Dr. McNinja are my top picks.

And I'm putting DMFA out there because Amber is awesome.

Philosopher B.

For me, it's a toss-up between Gunshow and Hark! A Vagrant. My favorite comics are the ones for which the drawing style is just as funny, if not more, than the writing itself. Dull or inexpressive drawing styles go a long way towards turning me off.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Hiimdaisy or Dr. McNinja.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

half of the posts in this thread made me vomit in my mouth.

The only funny webcomics I read are Achewood, Hark! A Vagrant, and Gun Show.

Chazwozel

The only ones I read are xkcd and Piled Higher and Deeper

Dave

Dave

Movie snob. Er...Comics snob.

Wait until you set your peepers on the first "A Fistful of Fists" that will be on the front page starting next week. I've seen it already and I literally laughed out loud - and I hardly ever do that for a comic.

Jay

Jay

I'm sure everyone who posted in here really needed to hear about your opinion of their tastes in such a way.

makare

http://friendlyhostility.com/

Sadly it ended. But it still reigns supreme in my book.

Oglaf cracks me up too.

Dave

Dave

Scandanavia and the World. How could I forget this one?

makare

see!

I think he is a member of the forum

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Movie snob. Er...Comics snob.

Wait until you set your peepers on the first "A Fistful of Fists" that will be on the front page starting next week. I've seen it already and I literally laughed out loud - and I hardly ever do that for a comic.
This made me so fucking proud

Along the lines of the funny drawing styles being part of what makes a comic funny, Boxer Hockey never ceases to make me giggle with the faces he can create

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

Penny Arcade or Sheldon.

Biannoshufu

Gusto

Gusto

Penny Arcade or Sheldon.
Yeah, actually, Sheldon is definitely in my Top 10. It makes me laugh more often than it doesn't fo sho.

Jiarn

It may not be the funniest, but I've found a love in "Octopus Pie". I just read the entire archive in the past 2 days. I really love how I've come to feel for the characters.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Scandanavia and the World. How could I forget this one?
Bookmarked :) Thank you for reminding me of this. Although I'd like to see Finland more often in this series, I still laugh my ass off every time I read it.

Here's a little related thank you:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

It may not be the funniest, but I've found a love in "Octopus Pie". I just read the entire archive in the past 2 days. I really love how I've come to feel for the characters.
I like this comic a lot too!

Necronic

Necronic

Perry Bible Fellowship would definitely take first place if it hadn't ended. I'll give it to Achewood. The buildup may be long sometimes and the jokes can be somewhat cerebral but they are so well thought out. I think the guy is a genius.

Biannoshufu

scenes from a multiverse is pretty funny.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Of the ones I read, Hark, a Vagrant! and Penny Arcade probably get the most consistent laughs from me. Wondermark is great too.

Gusto

Gusto

Anyone looking for my overall opinions should visit the Jamboree. Allen and I tend to get up to shenanigans.

Jiarn

That's actually where I've found love for comics I didn't even know existed. Three thumbs up for that thread.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah because of that thread I've started reading Nedroid, Sinfest, Johnny Wander, and DAR (when it was still running).

And I know I've introduced several others to Bobwhite, Hanna is not a Boy's Name, and Octopus Pie.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Jamboree is the reason I started reading Erfworld, Hanna is not a Boy's name, and possibly others I don't remember.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I love Order of the Stick. He could update it a little more often but that's no biggie. And even though they've finished their runs, I like Concerned and DM of the Rings. PVP used to be my favorite webcomic but then the updates became CONSTANTLY late. The people in charge of Least I Could Do and Looking for Group have only been late once in the past few years despite many different projects.

General Specific

General Specific

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've been racking my brain since the inception of this thread, and I can't narrow it to any comic which consistently delivers the yucks. I mean, there are several high-quality webcomics* that I follow, but while I really enjoy them all, none of them are consistently lulzworthy. I think I would have to say that, of the comics I read, licd most consistently comes the closest to that Far Side/Calvin & Hobbes ideal that I miss sooo much.

--Patrick
*My opinon. I made it, I get to keep it.